It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F16 intercept manouvre 737

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Today I was at an airshow in Belgium where there was a demonstration of an intercept manouvre. The manouvre was executed by 4 F16's. This manouvre is executed during a hijacking or when no radio contact is possible with the aircraft.

One flies at wing to wing with the airplane they want to intercept, forcing it to alter course, speed or altitude. One flies right behing the aircraft and two circle at high altitude ready to fire.

Here are the pictures... I'm sorry if the quality isn't too high... I only have a modest camera.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Awesome, I went to McGuires AFB airshow in the beginning of the summer and it was great. I forgot my vid camera and had to resort to digicam video (ugh)

anyway here's the vid: media.putfile.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
For a "modest" camera those were some pretty good shots

Nicely done

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
You should see F-18's trying to bracket a Cessna - funny as hell.

I saw it over my house outside of NYC just after 911 - the max speed of the Cessna is barely above the stall speed of the F-18, making it an interesting sight to see...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
@ Porschedrifter: I like the video!!

@ Fred T: Well I was lucky the show was in Belgium. In the Netherlands aviation rules state that the planes have to be further away from the audience. In Belgium however the audience may stand straight at the runway so it makes taking photographs a little bit more easy.

@xmotex lol... yeah that won't be easy for them...lol...lost target due to low speed

top topics

join