It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikipedia HACKED!! BREAKING NEWS!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I was researching (3:20pm EST) a show and I went to Wikipedia and here is what I get. There is no news items or postings about this. The person(s) name is Zodiac.

Link

Image Link
Image Link 2

[edit on 20-7-2008 by n0b0DY]

[edit on 20-7-2008 by n0b0DY]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Someone has too much time on his hands again. This is why children should attend school year-round. I kid.

This is what happens when you overpopulate a planet. Some people have nothing better to do than aggravate the heck out of those who do.

Update - They brought it back online pretty quickly. It's up and running now.

[edit on 7/20/08 by Sleuth]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by n0b0DY

Notice the Xfiles at top? Its a promo for their new movie...

Sorry but "I dont want to believe"...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Notice the Xfiles at top? Its a promo for their new movie...

Sorry but "I dont want to believe"...

That kind of advertising is getting really annoying. It seems like there is no place you can go to get away from ads. It's a nightmare. I'm getting to the point where I'm going to cancel my services and park the computer and the TV on a shelf in the basement.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well it isn't "hacked" anymore... I clicked the link and the original page was working.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Promo?

I was watching illegal copies of the x files on the internet so I was curious as to who took part in the making of it.
No spammin here.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
That X Files movie looks like crap. I won't be watching it no matter what stupid Hacking stunts.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Something MAY have been wrong with the page before, but it's working fine now!

The_X-Files

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
That isn't in the edit history for the The_X-Files page anywhere.

Which is strange. If that page was edited, it should certainly be in the history.

Before we look at the page being modified in another way (which would indeed require modification of other files, or in a way that doesn't show up in edit history), how we confirm the validity of your screenshots?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

I have never done this before but you can see IT'S A FAKE. If someone hacked the site it would be on every page and not somewhere DEEP.

That's the same thing I was thinking. I was thinking it was a nice Photoshop job, hence how the images sit on top of each other. Look at the wiki logo... It is actually above the page.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by jhill76]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I Love it

I hope it was done by a bored kid . with 5 mins to chill

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

If you look at his white edit, the Wiki logo overlays the white bar, how could this be possible without him adding the logo!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It's not fake - I was browsing Guyana's page and I got the same message. - Mark, France.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Yeah it's not fake, I came across the page myself and it was fixed within an hour.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hey! I noticed this is on the Wiki entry for Cuba a few days ago

X Files is an odd target.

Damn kids

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

If you look at his white edit, the Wiki logo overlays the white bar, how could this be possible without him adding the logo!

Its actually not that hard, all you have to do is set the z-index of the img element to be higher than the table or div that is behind it.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper
Its actually not that hard, all you have to do is set the z-index of the img element to be higher than the table or div that is behind it.
Good call... by wikipedia's main.css the logo is on z-index=3, while the content is on z-index=2, so just 'cause it looks faked, doesn't necessarily mean that it was.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
It wasn't faked. I saw it myself. Lol, I don't know why people are even questioning this?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Pretty easy to "hack" a wiki-page - after all they are designed to allow users to edit just about anything. You could probably go there and put something up yourself now, but it wouldn't last long. As easy as wiki's are to edit, they are to revert to previous versions.

top topics

join