It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peer pressure mentality is the Illuminati's greatest tool!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Mass media does a good job of making you believe that what they transmit is truth and what everybody thinks- " What you think" . I recall a time when celebrity news was not so much in the main stream, and then all of a sudden, it was all over the news. The excuse was that it brought in ratings. I also recall a few years back, media outlets were saying that the 14-25 demographic was really calling the shots and bringing in ratings to shows with content more suited to that age group. They said that this data would contribute to their future planning of TV shows. So this is a few years later and look at what we are seeing on TV and major news channels like CNN? How exactly do they get the information to know what age groups are watching what? I don't recall these people sending me a survey or giving me a phone questionnaire. I have no clue how they can know who wants to see what. How would they know that " pop junk" was bringing in ratings to the news hour, when it was something they hadn't done before? Was somebody actively calling the news station , saying give us more pop culture celebrity news otherwise we won't watch, if anybody has any inside knowledge of how Broadcasting Channels work, please fill us in.

Now, I don't think anybody needs to strain their eyes to see how insidiously Peer Pressure has ruled over our culture. It is in the schools, it robs youth of their individuality, because they are forced to be clones of what is considered acceptable and cool. This tool has permeated every aspect of our lives. The media sets the trends, you see it, the hair cuts, the clothes, the popular lines copy and pasted right out of movies. I see people quoting the new IN snarky remark about some politician or public official- copy and pasted right off the news. These Broadcasting channels are obviously in cahoots. All of a sudden the major rhythmic line makes it's way into the mouths of all the news anchors , seemingly.

Let's put the ADD crap aside for one moment. It is amazing how people remember the most repetitive quotes- I see this with catchy news headlines. The things you hear the most are the things you retrieve with simplicity, because they are repeated long enough for you to constantly think about them and associate them with information that is permanently stored in your Long Term memory e.g. A,B,Cs and 1,2,3s and Reds, purples, pinks, etc and so on. The media use this tool to brainwash you into believing what is " popular opinion" That is why they flash pictures of normal, successful looking people doing the things they want you to do. Those pharmaceutical drug commercials seldom have a downtrodden person in need of drugs. More than not they have some middle class , elegant person in the doldrums in need of the happy pill. They brainwash you by pegging your mental image of a successful person's attributes with pharmaceuticals as being the cure to getting you to look like a radiant, happy person who has the time walk their beautiful shaggy dog down the street, whilst wearing a nice pair of Keds, J. Crew turtle neck, khaki pants, and looking like a wealthy business person on your day off or something of the sort.

join