It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I seeing Energy???

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Ah a worthy response, oh noble opponent

I doubt a few differences in opinion makes us advisories, besides we'll need your sword wangling and wench herding skills in the upcoming age of social collapse.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by euclid

I think the point you've so blatantly missed is, when I say "You are not seeing energy", is that I'm saying, you, referring to the person who started the thread, if I meant no one I would have said so.

Another thing - Yes, you linked me to an example of how people can see energy, which in part I must commend you for, but what you miss is that those auroras are not happening all the time, nor do they look anything like what the threadstarter described.

(Here's where I quote an author not massively heard of make me sound like I know everything.) What you've fallen for is arguing about the general idea, and actually alienating the person who asked if they were seeing energy. You've also deviated from arguing about this one topic between us to arguing about who is most liable to make mistakes or get things wrong. If you had read "How the mind works" by Stephen Pinker, (It's quite demeaning isn't it,) then you would not have falln so hurriedly for this trap. Not to condone myself, I followed you right in there.

Explained so I can say this. - You cannot prove, ever, that the person who asked this question is seeing energy. You are not in contact with him to my knowledge, if you were, he could have something wrong with his vision. If not with his vision, then his brain, causing optical problems. If they are absent he could be lying.

Ferengi - Not all problems for the eye originate from vision. Taking any blows to head lately...? (Seriously, sorry if that sounded like some kind of insult.)

[edit on 25-7-2008 by Dinnj]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You know, I can't even express in words how excited I am to read all of these posts. I also experience this "static" or whatever it is. I too have accepted it as just part of normal daily vision. I remember as a child asking my mom what it was and she assumed I needed glasses. I didn't. My vision is normal. I hadn't thought about it in ages, and I came across this forum by chance. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone here who has now made me feel like I'm NOT crazy.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by euclid

electricity and flames and eveyrthing else you clai mto be the effects of energy, sure they are, but so is our human makeup, and eveyrhting i nthe universe, if you mean we see the effects of energy then this discussion is useless, obviosuly we do, BUT THE EFFECTS ARE NOT MICROSCOPIC AIRDOTS

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
reply to post by catinthebox

I feel your pain, but as zorgon pointed it's a paranormal thread so I'm afraid we'll have to keep ourselves open that others believe it is something else, rightly or wrongly in your opinion.

yeah, alright, ill just but out, thanks for atleast understanding my position

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It is so strange to hear others discussing this. I've experienced a very similar strangeness ever since a child as well. I used to start at my dark wall at night, not two feet from my nose and see what is being described here. I too had many nightmares throughout the years regarding what seemed to materialize from time to time.

Still, throughout my adult life, this fuzz seems to show itself in other ways.... Here, check this out.....

Go out into the sun and place yourself, back to the sun, on an open spot of grass.

Nice grass.

This works great on a golfcourse, or some such turf.

Stand there so your shadow is perfectly in front of you, cast out from the sun behind you.

Stand there and look at your shadow, staring right between the shadow's eyes.

Do this for a period of time as if you were gazing into someone's eyes.

Do this for a period of time and your shadow will disappear.

It's very difficult to hold that moment, as it doesn't last for very long.

It's amazing. Try this and get back to me.

Then try THIS....

Get a friend to join you this time....

Now squat down like a baseball catcher and position yourself again, back against the sun, like you were standing before, and concentrate til your shadow dissapears again. Then just at that moment, that split second that you notice it dissappears, tell the other to walk behind you, directly between you and the sun.

Now, this exercise gets fun...

Tell your friend to be the person squatting, making their shadow dissapear, then when they're ready, they say GO, to you and you walk behind them. Do this and don' ttell them what you're going to do, just tell them to squat and focus til their shadow melts.

Watch their reaction when you walk behind them.

It's precious.

I think this is the same sort of phenomenon we're talking about here.

Try this and let me know what you think.

S.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
This happens when I look at air (not really the best way to describe it, but it's close). I see little clear bug-like things floating around in front of my face. About one or two feet in front. I have to focus on a solid object to make it go away.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Yuwain that's completely natural, I can do that now and experience the same thing..... Infact, I can see almost a light, thin static. I'm really starting to think this is just completely natural to eyes.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aron1138
ok is this

what you are talking about?(like that only constantly moving) For, me it's most noticeable in the dark or with my eyes closed but if I look for it in the daylight it's everywhere, but they are flashes in shades of grey.

Also no I can't capture it with my camera that's just a quick photoshop filter.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by Aron1138]

I saw this about two days ago, i was out side, and looking at the sky. at first i thought they were insects, but i could not focus on a definate shape.

the description of the original poster was exactly what i saw, i didnt know what it was, i thought i was seeing things. i am glad im am not alone, and not crazy

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
reply to post by sobek52

i can see this stuff too. I think it's your eyes "glitching" when you "stare" for too long. Can't really explain it any other way than that.

no it is immidiate, i have not seen it since. it was weird almost like slightly invisible insects, buzzing around. like the effect they use on films of invisibilty .you can see a shape but see through it as it moves. they had a tinge of colour to them aswell

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
snip...

Now, this exercise gets fun...

Tell your friend to be the person squatting, making their shadow dissapear, then when they're ready, they say GO, to you and you walk behind them. Do this and don' ttell them what you're going to do, just tell them to squat and focus til their shadow melts.

Watch their reaction when you walk behind them.

It's precious.

I think this is the same sort of phenomenon we're talking about here.

Try this and let me know what you think.

So what happens exactly?

Considering most of us probably won't bother to do it, anyone care to try it and let us know? thanks!

Here's another to add to the list, look closely past the edges of something like your finger with a white or light coloured background and then make tiny movements, notice any forking lines? At first i thought these were veins in the eye showing up but they can't be because these things follow the surface and change somewhat but are surprisingly stable, another possibility is its an interference pattern but how when your only looking at the edge of something, strange.

Also as a kid i could sometimes see colourful linked orbs moving around slowly, the odd thing was that they didn't move with my eyes, they appeared to be 3d objects in space, usually seen in dark or dimly lit conditions, it would be easily explained away as all in my head if it wasn't for it appearing to actually be independent of my movements.

Now i often seem to be able to see the outline of objects in my room at night when my eyes are closed, usually while trying to get to sleep.

[edit on 29/7/08 by just theory]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

exactly what i am seeing! only difference is that its much much finer than that! Good stuff

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I can see my own energy
I see it as indigo and purple when my energy is heightened or I'm doing telekinesis when I'm on the defensive its yellow and red. When I'm in a relaxed mood its indigo and green. I see it as static and heat waves. But my friend has a more developed sense and sees energy as the shape of a snake.

To develop your senses I suggest trying to see auras. It really helped me, now I see my energy all the time. Or places that I've been.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by catinthebox

its not energy, dont you think some scientists somewhere ever would have tried to harness the energy

Very interesting video about Nikola Tesla: www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
A while ago I was lying in bed at a friends, just spent new years eve in leeds, and I think i had a similar experience.

I started seeing, which appeared to be in the left side of my vision, a square box almost like a TV with static.

I tried to focus in on this and it got a little brighter/clearer, I swear I could make out three different scenarios going on inside this screen, the first was two people, possibly young children running through a field of tall grass, wheat or some form of crops. It moved on to what seemed like an army marching thru the streets, almost in the fasion you see nazi Germany troops marching on the old films. The last image was what appeared to be an old person sitting up in bed drinking a cup of something, i remember them wearing one of them old fasioned night hats that old people used to wear in bed.

All the way through this i tried to focus in on what was going on, I started developing a really weird bad headache, the clear and more focused it was becoming the worse this headache was getting, almost like it was trying to warn me to stop. I have to say as well that I felt really weird afterwards, like everything around me seemed out of place and different.

I can get this little square box to appear nearly anytime I want now, but I am struggling seeing anymore images like I did the first time.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I have had a similar experience,except I dont see dots I see tiny interconnected "streams" that swirl and dance and if I concentrate I can move them slightly.

Its nice to know that im not the only one experiencing this,just q quick question do any of you experiecing this phenomenon also cause electrical devices to act strangely if you are in close proximity to them(for instance lights flickering etc ...)

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sobek52

Visual artefacts, the result of the analog nature of our vision, and our brain's ability to try to make sense of what it's seeing before handing it over to our conscious mind for further processing.

But yes - you can see energy. We call them "photons".

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sobek52

I've had this experience. It seems strongest to me on bright cloudless days in the middle of the sky - almost like something is trying to form or connect. I've always thought I was crazy.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Seeing static is nothing, i have full blown hallucinogen persisting perception disorder (HPPD) and also i suffer from the blue field entoptic phenomenon. I see everything from flashing lights, stars, static snow, shaking lines, faded colors, halos, floaters, "shadows", theres so much more but those are the main ones. I see these things whenever im awake, eyes closed or opened and it gets worse when im tired or stressed.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sobek52

wow. I thought I was the only one that was seeing this. At first I figured it was just my eyes adjusting to the light of the sun. But now I do see it around trees, mostly electrical lines, people, etc..only in the sun though.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join