It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surface, Threshold and Invasion... Disclosure or Human Reaction Experiment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
In 2005 We were hit with 3 very different television series that proposed 3 unique and controversial scenarios.

Surface brought forth the concept of a new genetically engineered form of Sea life that could be impossible to kill and a threat to life as we know it.

Threshold brought the concept of a close encounter that brings a signal that seems multi dimensional that affects people on a cellular level changing their DNA simply by hearing this signal. It proposes the possiblities of both invasion or possibly assisted evolutionary development.

Invasion was just as it says a scenario of which a strange phenomena occurs during a hurricane in which rain is not all that falls from the sky during the storm. beings are seeded in the water and anyone that comes in contact with them is replaced by one of these beings that can form to look and act like the person they replaced.

All three were different concepts with the same dilemna, an outside threat to the continuation of the human race. Is is a coincidence that these all came out the same year on different networks or was this some sort of test to guage our reaction to these scenario's?

note it was the cloverfield thread that made me think of this concept but rather than hi-jack that thread with this discussion I created a new one as I feel this topic deserves its own thread.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
well.....you will have to paint a better picture of this because i have no clue what youre talking about.

start with some links to what youre discussing.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Someone gets an idea for a tv show, he heads to the networks to sell it. One network buys it and the others make their own versions, just different enough so that it's not legal plagiarism. That's why they come out at the same time. Just like Armageddon and Deep Impact; same idea, competing production companies. Different movies, but the exact same idea. Sorry, no conspiracy here, just corporate money-grabbing.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

I can link you the episode guides but other than watching the shows on dvd there is little else help I can be.

Surface
Threshold
Invasion

Hope that helps

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
If someone knows of a sea life that can threaten life on earth, they wouldn't go around make a film about to give hints to humanity. They'd go find a way to eliminate it.

It wouldn't surprise me if someone starts a thread about the Howard the Duck disclosure.
Get a life, people!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by homo_borg

Rudeness is not necessary It is a discussion on possibilites I also suggested that it is possibly a test to guage our reaction to that sort of threat.

Anyway thanks for the input.. but I will keep the life I have thank you very much.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Mass media is controlled by an elite.
Aliens are in contact with that elite, and precisely that elite has all the key info on UFO and Aliens that we all die to see.

Any of you guys remember the V series in the 80s, I remember it and was the first image that came to mind when I first heard of the reptiles (by the way am I the only one that noticed that the reptiles are more present and discussed in american-british ufology, not really a subject in french of spanish ufology, maybe I ougth to start a thread on this).

My point is that the elite has all the tools to shape the public`s opinion, we are just puppets, if alien themed series are popular now, it is because of a specific reason, no coincidence.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I remember when those shows came out in 2005. It was the first time in 10 years that I actually watched any kind of network TV. I was pissed when those shows were cancelled.

I don't think there was any kind of agenda with the networks or producers of those shows. Or if there was then their little experiment failed because most people would rather keep dumbing themselves down with mindless sitcoms than watch something awesome like Surface or Invasion.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camilo1
Mass media is controlled by an elite.
Aliens are in contact with that elite, and precisely that elite has all the key info on UFO and Aliens that we all die to see.

I agree I think alot of people are still unaware that much of what we are being fed through all forms of media is what a handful of people want us to know and see.. and there are reasons for all of it.

Any of you guys remember the V series in the 80s, I remember it and was the first image that came to mind when I first heard of the reptiles (by the way am I the only one that noticed that the reptiles are more present and discussed in american-british ufology, not really a subject in french of spanish ufology, maybe I ougth to start a thread on this).

Yes I do and that is actually the first thing that sprang to my head when I heard about the idea of reptillian aliens. I remembered that series and wondered if it had been a type of small disclosure. Of course with every bit of truth their is usually a good smattering of disinfo mixed in to confuse us and make us reject the reality. Using truth to make us not believe it is the oldest trick in the book.
The reptillians being more present in british Ufology over others is likely because the hybrids are most likely in the royal family bloodlines as was suggested, if that is the case the highest concentration of reptillians would be in England.

My point is that the elite has all the tools to shape the public`s opinion, we are just puppets, if alien themed series are popular now, it is because of a specific reason, no coincidence.

Agreed.. which begs the question.. what are they after? what is their reasoning for this?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightmare

You were not the only one ticked off when they got cancelled every one of those series left off on a turning point that was never resolved. Was the purpose just to lure certain types of people to watch network tv again? Perhaps I had also not watched anything on network tv for a long time until those shows appeared.

From what I could gauge all 3 were doing well, so I am not certain what the reasoning was for cancelation other than perhaps a controlled decision by the ruling elite that had some reason for drawing people in then leaving it open.. or perhaps they ended them because too many people were catching on to how close to possible each of the scenarios could be.

I will mention very quickly there was one other program that delved into taboo subjects that died a short death during the controversy over bushes election or lack thereof many years ago. constant news breaking in killed all normal network programming at that time when the vote count was in question. I am speaking of course of Veritas. The truth organization that dealt with many mysterious topics which are usually avoided by the mainstream media such as the Crystal Skulls etc.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Here is a link to the episode guide for Veritas. Many are listed but only a few were aired and seen due to the constant political coverage.
Veritas Episode Guide

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The more I think about it, I really don't think any of those shows were made as any kind of experiment on the TV watching population. But I really do have to wonder if they were cancelled because they were stimulating too much thought among the people who did watch them.

Surface, in particular, ended at a point that could have branched off into many areas of alternative thought ... the kind of alternative thought that breeds suspicion over what the powers that be are really up to.

Another program that made me think a lot was Jericho which aired on CBS. Sadly, that one was also cancelled. And with that, my TV watching time was also cancelled. No point in watching TV if there is nothing there to hold my intrest for more than two seconds.

Seems to me that the powers that be want people to keep dumbing themselves down with mindless comedies and pointless crime dramas which keep people thinking inside the box. Any programs that encourage people to think and ponder on a deeper or darker level would be detrimental to their agenda.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I have not watched Threshold yet, going to check it out tonight. I own Surface and invasion. I hear you. I just posted a thread on the same topic, I am getting a strong feeling, that an invasion type of scenario is coming soon to a theater near you. Iam not going to obsess about this thuo, because this type of scenario is a last resort, so to speak. A lot to clean up afterwards.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
3 rather poor sci fi series that failed to catch on ..... Compared with them, surely Buffy must have been preparing us for disclosure about vampires .... And as for the Munsters ....

Why do people keep coming up with the daft idea that all popular entertainment is part of some conspiracy? Where does that leave the Simpsons? Or Enid Blyton's Tales of Noddy & Big Ears?

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Essan]

join