It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody here undergone hypnotic regression?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Regarding earlier posts...

You can read more about these mysterious memories from my childhood plus my "past life memories" as they appear to originate from pilot Moncla.

www.ufobc.ca...
www.ufobc.ca...
ufobc.ca...

Here is a photo of the Shaving Soap Jar:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I dont beleive in hypnosis

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I've not been hypnotized, but I'm currently undergoing EMDR sessions with a therapist to help remember some odd childhood memories involving what I think are grays, or whatever you want to call them.

EMDR is similar to hypnosis in that it helps with recall. It's like defraging your brain bit by bit and it shakes out stuff that has been buried in there unassociated to anything. It doesn't put you in a suggestible state like hypnosis does though. You're fully in control the whole time.

I was kind of skeptical of the whole thing, but afterwards it was scary how well it worked.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I am recently looking into hypnotic regression. I am very interested in this aspect, especially in the field of Past-Life Recall, and other stuff. If anyone has any information please let me know, or U2U me. I want to know if it's worth it.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
you must be very careful with hypnotist. Look at new proof in war on terror and see for yourself. MK ultra uses hypnotisst... it can be very dangerous.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
I was hypnotised into a christ like state, regressed to the age of 5 and into a horse. Then they left me there thinking I was doing a secret mission while they really sold all I worked my life for with clinton anderson on american television. Look and see.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I've always found this topic...intriguing. I'm not sure what i think of it, though. I think everyone probably has out of place memories, if you will. At least, judging from my personal experience, I often remember things that make no sense in regards to my life, as well as experiences that I only remember pieces of. I don't exactly ask others about it much, for obvious reasons, but I'd think, given the frequency with which Ive had such experiences, most people must. But the question is, do they mean anything?

I mean...no matter what you can recall from these sessions, in most cases, can you ever substantiate that it has any connection to reality? I mean...say I go to a therapy session of this sort, or the OP does so. Say this session fleshes out the pieces of memory I have of some very...interesting...events. What then? No one is likely to believe these recollections, myself included, without some evidence. And yet I'll have the bear the weight of these recollections, which are not, by and large, terribly pleasant.
So, while I'm all for finding the truth, in this case, I'm not sure hypnotherapy offers any real value. If it might give you a starting point, then perhaps it is worth it. But just remember that there is price for everything you do...and is the price for this worth it, in your case?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by danogee

So called "hypnotic regression" in not only a load of cr*p, it can be very dangerous. Besides that you come out of it with as much information as you went in, since you never know if the "memories" that you manage to "retrieve" are really your memories or are merely implanted by some unscrupulous individual. We call volunteers for "hypnotic regression" gray rats amd make them "remember" things that never happened to them, only after the session, to the rat, those things did happen to him, since the brain cannot distinguish between a real memory and an implanted memory. Thus, you could be implanted with a memory that his a danger to your future mental health or to somebody else (you can be made to "remember" that your parents or uncle molested you, for instance, and, even though they didn't, from then on you truly believe they did). Thus, you could go in perfectly normal and come out as a victim of molestation, your brain will not know the difference and you will start manifesting all the symptoms of a real molested individual.

Stay away from this if you can. If you feel the kneed for it, find a good program in a reputable institution (normally Universities) and make sure you are always monitored by at least three separate professionals...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by saturnine_sweet

Hey there,

In answer to your question 'can you ever substanciate it' ?

My answer is 'OH YES ! Most definately !!!

Of course there are some occasions when it is impossible to substantiate PL details but I was lucky I guess.

After my initial experience (the one that prompted me to research / study and become a PLT), I was able to carry-out quite a lot of research. As a result I was able to confirm actual locations and several documented names that I'd recalled, from a lifetime I'd had 1623-1641.

And the price I paid because of these recollections ... well, in short they saved my life !

But has I've mentioned in earlier posts hypnotherapy is not something I would advise for retrieving these kind of memories.

Woody

[edit on 21-7-2008 by woodwytch]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Well, as I said, in most cases you can't. Yes, some people have been said to recall details that were able to confirm things. But in most cases Ive come across, that hasnt been the case.

I did not mean that to see overly negative, really. Just a caution. Often people think of how "cool" it would be, but do not think of the consequences of dealing with what they may recall, as it may not turn out to be something as enjoyable as they may desire.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I had one about 15 years ago in the Bay Area (CA, USA). That's where I got the Roman thing. After being hypnotized (I guess), I "woke up" to find myself in a forest clearing with a group of Roman officers looking at scroll maps. It seemed they (we?) were planning the route for a march. Anyway, I have the whole session on tape.

I still think about that session to this day and wonder about it ...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by saturnine_sweet

I agree. I've often been asked by people here how they can regress themselves (and you can actually buy tapes for that very purpose although I doin't know how successful the results are), but it's not something I would recomend people do on their own.

It's quite common for clients to recall some distressing issues and it could mess them up if they were not helped to work through it.

It has numerous benefits but unfortunately it has become very popular and often gets treated as a 'party piece'.

Woody

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Interesting thread.

I have had two regression sessions now with a qualified practitioner over the last couple of weeks and have found it more to be like a meditation than what I considered to be hypnotised.

I decided to go to find out why I have always been interested in the paranormal, spiritual and metaphysical in this life and so far it has been very interseting with mixed results.

I went in with no preconceived ideas although I have had spiritual experiences I didn't expect anything in particular.

If you are in the hands of a capable and professional hypnotherapist there really isn't anything to worry about, it is just like a induced relaxation and you are conscious of yourself, your feelings and whats happening to you at the same time. I'm not 100% sure if i have been fully regressed yet as I think im holding back but when I came away from the first session whic lasted about an hour and half I felt incerdibly calm, clear headed and had a relaxed confidence which felt ery powerful.

I saw some images when I was regressed, although im still conscious of everything and even though the session was recorded I didnt take the recording away with me because I knew what was happening throughout the process and remembered every small detail.

I saw a few images, like I have when I normally meditate. I looked at my feet and was wearing sandals and saw a roman soldier, but it wasnt like a movie reel like I have heard it described as before but more like still images.

Fascinating though and i'll be going back again soon.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I saw a few images, like I have when I normally meditate. I looked at my feet and was wearing sandals and saw a roman soldier, but it wasnt like a movie reel like I have heard it described as before but more like still images.

Now, that part you posted is just plain wierd. I saw the same thing during my regression and almost added that to my post, but decided people wouldn't understand and make fun of it ...

[edit on 7/24/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well, some of the accounts on here are pretty interesting. Quite a mixed bag of opinions on hypnotic regression, but i find the past life regression posts fascinating aswell and will be digging more into woody's stuff. At least it seems there are genuine pros and cons and it's not all good or bad.

Centurion, would love to hear that tape. Not a request, just trying to picture it, sounds mad as a box frogs-in a good way.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Thats interesting that you saw that too then! Would be really interested to know exactly what happened to you and compare.
Im going again next week and im hoping it will develop further as I get more and more relaxed each time but I saw some good stuff which was really interesting but am hoping i will be able to pick up emotions, impressions etc because at the moment i'm thinking its more spiritual, i feel like im astral traveling rather than watching a past life, you could argue they are the same thing.
The two times I have been so far I have always wanted to go to the furthest door at the bottom of the corridor, this stands out in my mind and the first thing i see are sandals.
Be good to hear how you get on!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join