It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody here undergone hypnotic regression?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

The beauty of non-hypnotic regression is that the client recalls everything they've said during the session so they know they have not been lead in any way.

Woody

Hi woodwych,

I went through regression as part of my efforts to retrieve childhood memories a few years back and I thought the efforts were successful although I worried that I might have been subconsciously confabulating some responses to fill in missing memory recalls. Does that make sense?

I had complete memory of everything from the regression so I am guessing that I was simply in a relaxed state of consciousness and not hypnotised. As a result of the regression, a few days later I had some incredible spontaneous memory recalls from an incident that had happened when I was about three years old when I climbed a hill overlooking Lake Superior with a man.

The memories are all related to possible past life memories and in the recalled incident, the man was the other crew member on a plane which disappeared over Lake Superior. He told me that I had been the pilot of the plane which flew out over the lake with him. He told me I was a man like him when this happened. I recall that I asked him if he was an angel as I couldn't understand how he would know this. He replied he was just a man.

As I was growing up I always recalled climbing the hill with the man but I could never remember who the man was. I was certain the incident had occured when we were on vacation to a place called Grand Marais, but my father always insisted I must have been talking about a family vacation at Oliver Lake near Thunder Bay, Ontario. While this might be feasible, I was always certain that I was looking out over Lake Superior as you couldn't see the far shores of the lake. Also I could never explain why I was so certain this had happened on a trip to Grand Marais.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Thanks for the offer WW, very kind.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by andolin

Hey there andolin,

It's free and instant to register with the site. It's 'member only' so that I can see who's on there. Because I set it up especially for newcomers to the three topics mentioned, I wanted it to be a safe haven if you will ... where newcomers would not be intimidated or put down by naysayers (as often happens on other sites) ... somewhere they could feel comfortable to ask the simplest of questions without feeling silly for asking etc.

It's not a commercial site and there are plenty of articles on there that you might find interesting and helpful. Including a couple of client case-histories and the first chapter of my book (about my own spontaneous PLM).

There's a forum page / message board / video page / photo-gallery / various articles / and my contact details if you want to discuss something privately

At present I have around 90 members so it's a nice, friendly, little community and quite a few of the members have found me via ATS so there will be some names there that you recognize if you decide to join.

Woody

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Thanks for the info. I will join and check it out.
Two lines here.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Hey there,

Reading that gave me a tingle ... great account. And yes what you said makes perfect sense.

Look I'm feeling a little guilty here, as I seem to be hogging the thread so if anyone has and questions specifically for me it may be better to post them on my thread so as not to derail this one;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So sorry about this danogee. I'm star and flagging this because it's a great thread.

Woody

[edit on 20-7-2008 by woodwytch]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by danogee

Barney and Betty were having problems sleeping at night. Barney was having many medical problems they did not know the cause for. A psychologist who saw them recommended hypnotherapy to find out what was the cause. They did not know if it was going to work, but were willing to try anything. This was the sixties and the therapy was new. (I am recalling this from when I read the book, so I may not be 100% on this.) The person who did the hypnosis purposely made them forget everything until they were ready. A better description is in the book "Captured" by Stanton Friedman. There is a lot of information that is not in Fuller's "The Interrupted Journey".

Edited for content

[edit on 7/20/2008 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by danogee

I would say instinct takes over in most cases and you feel driven to be regressed.

When people have regression they often think they have an idea when/where/who they may have been ... and they may be correct. But the client usually finds themselves recalling a lifetime that bears the most relevance to what's happening in their lives at that point in time ... to help them or prevent them from repeating stuff they've already learned in their previous lives

Woody

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Reading that gave me a tingle ... great account. And yes what you said makes perfect sense.
edit on 20-7-2008 by woodwytch]

Before I went for the memory regression I had started to write about the many strange unexplained incidents I could remember from my early childhood. One incident when I was seven, I went into my parents bedroom while they away to look at some little clear plastic model planes my father kept in a shiny metal shaving soap jar on the dresser. Inside were two military ID patches. I had recently learned phonetic pronunciation that year in school, and I was able to read them with effort. The easier one to read was "WILSON" and the other one was much harder but I vivdly recall I eventually was saying "MONCLA", a name that seemed very strange and puzzling to me. My brother came into the room and he told me the patches were from two men from the US Air Force that my dad knew and that they had been in an "accident". When I first heard my brother coming down the hall to my parent's bedroom, he looked like he was stumbling like a drunk and drool was dropping from his mouth. At first he had troubles talking and I asked him if he was okay.

Another incident I could remember was from a day on the beach where we were looking out at the Sleeping Giant across from Thunder Bay. My brothers had been talking about the legend and I recall I was wondering if the giant was sleeping or was in fact dead. I then suddenly had this memory that I could remember long ago I had been told that when you die, its like going to sleep, and when you wake up, you are a baby. I told this to my brothers but they argued this was not true and said that when you die, thats it. And I asked them well what happens to the soul? to which I recall they gave the standard doctrinaire response that your soul goes to heaven or hell. I recall that I had very wierd disquieting feelings and I kept looking back at the Sleeping Giant.

The actual past life I do have some memories from is from the pilot of the F-89 which disappeared over Lake Superior in 1953. It is alleged the disappearance involved pursuit of a UFO and the F-89 did disappear from radar when the plane merged with the bogey on radar. I do have many memories from the time the pilot was staying at Sault Ste. Marie while on temporary assignment to Kinross AFB, plus memories of the time just before the intercept when Moncla heard his friend and neighbor Lt. John Schmidt had been killed earlier in the day in the crash of his F-89 into the marsh of Lake Wingra in Madison. I recall a few things from the intercept and from what I recall from Moncla and Wilson's time they were held captive aboard the huge spaceship.

I don't know if we will ever know the answers to what really did happen but I certainly beieve it is possible that Wilson and Moncla were indeed captured although I still really have no idea why the aliens did this.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I was regressed by a licensed Hypnotherapist, aiming for a past life regresion she only managaged to bring my back to my early youth, where after being instructed to open the door and see whats behind it, i broke out in tears for the first time in my adult life. However, she mentioned several intersting cases, one in particular was a lady that constantly had breathing problems, regular doctors could find no flaws or issues that could cause her breathing problems, but after undergoing past life regression it was found out she was hung in a former life for being a witch. And supposedly what she felt was the rope squezzing her neck before she died. After coming to terms with that under hypnosis, her breathing problems disappeared.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

A truly amazing set of memories ... and better still with a twist. Very weird about the name patches. Did you ever ask your dad about them. And in hindsight what do you think was happened when you saw your brother stumbling ?

Best advise I can give to you (and anyone else who has PL memory flashes), is to write as many details down as you can.

1/ If you write them down as and when they occur they will be accurate accounts to refer back to (the mind can be quite a trickster as time passes and add or delete little bits here and there)

2/ Good research tool if you decide to test your memories for authenticity at a later date.

A journal of such events can be invaluable for all kinds of reasons.

Woody

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
No need to apologise Woody
, and don't feel you are hogging the thread, i asked for info and guidance and you have given it.

Bluestreak, about the 1953 Lake Superior incident, I think i've heard about that. Is that the story where the authorities, for want of a better word, claimed the pilot was mistaken into chasing venus or something(ha, yeah!) and flew too high and lost conciousness then crashed, although no wreckage was found? Or am i mistaken?

Sorry about the one line post earlier people.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by danogee]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

reply to post by andolin

Hey there andolin,

It's free and instant to register with the site. It's 'member only' so that I can see who's on there. Because I set it up especially for newcomers to the three topics mentioned, I wanted it to be a safe haven if you will ... where newcomers would not be intimidated or put down by naysayers (as often happens on other sites) ... somewhere they could feel comfortable to ask the simplest of questions without feeling silly for asking etc.

It's not a commercial site and there are plenty of articles on there that you might find interesting and helpful. Including a couple of client case-histories and the first chapter of my book (about my own spontaneous PLM).

There's a forum page / message board / video page / photo-gallery / various articles / and my contact details if you want to discuss something privately

At present I have around 90 members so it's a nice, friendly, little community and quite a few of the members have found me via ATS so there will be some names there that you recognize if you decide to join.

Woody

Isn't advertising your web-site against the T & C?

I was banned for placing a link into our web-site.

Just giving you a heads up!

p.s. Will check out your web-site.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Malevolent_Aliens

Never thought of it that way ... was just answering a post.

NOTE TO MODS; If this post is against T&C please feel free to remove it

And if anyone else wants any info about it you can find my email address in my profile.

Thanks for the heads-up 'M A'.

Woody

>>> Cute avatar by the way

[edit on 20-7-2008 by woodwytch]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I hear it has help many people.However opening up my mind to suggestion is not for me.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by danogee
Bluestreak, about the 1953 Lake Superior incident, I think i've heard about that. Is that the story where the authorities, for want of a better word, claimed the pilot was mistaken into chasing venus or something(ha, yeah!) and flew too high and lost conciousness then crashed, although no wreckage was found? Or am i mistaken?
[edit on 20-7-2008 by danogee]

You may be confusing the Kinross Incident with the Mantell Incident where USAF officer Mantell crashed his F-51 after he pursued a UFO. The Air Force first claimed he was possibly chasing Venus but later claimed it was a Skyhook baloon.

You can read more about the Kinross Incident at the following website or just google it on Internet.
Kinross F-89 Disappearance

And please don't ask me about the hoax from 2006 where someone claimed they found the F-89 and a "crashed UFO".

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Yup, blue, you are spot on, my mistake.

Now, tell me about the 2006, F-89 and crashed U.F....
Tee Hee

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yes I have had this type of hymosis, and I have never had any problems after. But I have to say I always have had it tape recorded so I have a record of what was said.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hey Woody,

It's nice to meet another hypnotist among us. I too am a certified hypnotist and trained in regression work. You hit it right on the head with your post. Hypnosis can be a powerful tool for change, but a person has to understand how to correctly ask questions and not lead the witness.

Nice post

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hi Zaimless

What was/were your reasons for the regression? I suppose that's a bit too personal isn't it?
Ok, did you get the answers you were looking for from the regression? That's presuming you had questions in the first place, and were you surprised by the outcome or relieved or something, once again i'm assuming you had things you wanted to know, or did you have the regression out of plain curiosity?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

A truly amazing set of memories ... and better still with a twist. Very weird about the name patches. Did you ever ask your dad about them. And in hindsight what do you think was happened when you saw your brother stumbling ?

Hi Woody, I agree with your suggestions. Writing down the memories also helps to access more plus spontaneous memories will fade and lgenerally lose their intensity in later recalls.

My interpretation was my brother was possibly being "animated like a puppet". I had a similar experience with my father when I went with my mother to visit him after he had open heart bypass surgery at Holy Cross Hospital in Calgary, Alberta in I believe 1979. My father claims he has no recall of telling me that he was "not my father" using charade like gestures but he does remember gesturing to the nurse to indicate "no halo, I guess I am alive" which he did right after I left his bedside. It didn't seem like my father was himself when he was communicated with me. He was so excited that he had the nurse worried. He even wrote a name on a pad of paper and indicated the name was the name of my real father. (Note: I had a genetic test done a few years back - the results contradict the assertion that Moncla might be my genetic father).

I did call my father after I remembered seeing the badges. I was so certain he would still have them, but alas, he had absolutely NO MEMORY of the patches. But he did ask me if I had may have mistaken my memory of the patches for some baby ID bracelets that had once been in the jar. What was wierd is I later did recall also seeing the baby bracelets but this was a few years later after we had moved to Medicine Hat. I had only seen the patches the one time. Later that day in 1962, I asked my brother about some of the things he had told me. He denied that he had ever been in my parent's bedroom. I also remember a few days later my mother asked who had gone into their bedroom and gone into my dad's jar. I admitted I had gone in because I wanted to look at the model planes in the jar. I remember my dad was really mad and said "Those are MY THINGS!!". I was so guilty that I did not look again for at least a few years but it does seem the patches left a big impression on me.

A few years after I asked my father about the badges, he gave me the model planes and on a later visit gave me the jar because he knew it was important to me. I had asked my dad where he got the jar but he had no memory. My mother then told me the jar was part of a set of men's toiletries she had bought for her steady boyfriend Joe, that she had known in Edmonton before she went to Port Radium in 1948 where she met my father. She broke up with Joe and never gave him the gift. What I seem to remember from a possible PLM is that my mother had given the toiletry set as a sort of Christmas gift on a visit to Moncla. (My recall is that Moncla was introduced to my parents and told that they would be his parents when he got his "new identity" - Moncla had chosen to return to earth with a new identity as they wouldn't let him go back in his old body). In his last days in captivity, Moncla had cleaned out the remaining soap from the jar and removed all the patches from his flight suit (maybe also a shirt?) including his ID patch, lieutenant bars, squadron/group patches. Wilson came by and asked what he was doing. Moncla explained he wanted his next incarnation to know who he had been so he was going to give the patches to the Heaths. Wilson then removed the patch from his uniform and gave it to Moncla saying that he wanted his next incarnation to also remember him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join