It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO Video Contest with Cash Prizes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Just a thought:

1. Assemble a panel of experts UFOlogists (skeptics/debunkers to be included)

2. Public will submit videos and supporting evidence of possible intelligently-controlled Unidentified Flying Objects. Only videos conforming to the standards set by the panel will be eligible for consideration.

3. Panel will conduct an initial review/screening of all submissions and will advance those videos reflecting a sufficient level of evidence to warrant further consideration. Any video which does not advance past the initial review/screening will be rejected for use.

4. Of the videos passing the initial review, the panel will select 3 finalists based on supporting evidence. Finalist will also have the opportunity to present additional evidence and/or "make their case" in person to the panel.

5. There will be a first ($50,000 or more), second ($25,000 or more) and third prize ($5,000 or more) awarded for the videos selected as having the most supporting evidence

I'm sure there are indemnity, copyright and "rights to release" issues that will need to be worked out, so please understand the above is just a thought/draft. But, I believe the funds to support something similar to the above can be raised "grassroots". It can be accomplished in a professional manner that could bring more light to the subject. Maybe the ATS experts (Internos, IsaacKoi, FrankWarren, etc.) can put together a case or two and enter the contest. The contest could be held over the web, with viewer participation. Who knows.....I would love to see NASA videos included, but not sure how this would be copyrights impacted. A few questions:

1. What are your thoughts?
2. How can the above be modified to bring this closer to reality?
3. Do you believe a grassroots effort can make it happen?
4. Do you think sponsorship is a possibility down the road?

[edit on 20-7-2008 by TheBottomLine]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I take that what you are purposing is out of good will, I can visualize the abuse potential to this contest. People using CGI or other graphic programs to attain such a hefty prize.

Individuals who genuinely capture UFO images or videos do not care for monetary gains from contest as their genuine video would probably will be sought out by various media outlets who might pay this person some monetary rewards.

All in all a genuine video shouldn't have to compete in a contest, but a contest would be a wake up call for all who want to make a name for themselves in the graphic world by having a CGI video/image identified as genuine by the panel of judges

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Thanks for replying, prionace glauca. Yes, I certainly do understand some CGI experts will try to abuse the contest. I would hope and expect that our screeners will include a CGI expert or two. Yes, a genuine video should not have to compete, but that's the videographers choice. Sure, genuine videos can make money elsewhere.....the monetary side of the contest is not the primary reason for the contest itself. Those seeking to make a name for themselves using CGI will have a rude awakening via the screening process. Remember, a video alone may not be enough to win.......supporting evidence will be needed as well. I understand your concern and hope that I addressed it somewhat in this post.

new topics

join