It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists: 9 Iranians Convicted of Adultery Set to Be Stoned to Death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

How can people justify this type of penalty? This is a result of Islamic law. It does not belong in the 21st century society, regardless of what it's defenders say.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

You just had to involve Islam in to this, and the source is Foxnews hehe.

The punishment for adultry is mentioned in the Quran and it does not say stone them to death, so please at least do some research before blaming Islam for this barbaric act. You people watch too much Fox-news which is an Islam bashing machine.

Your lucky I don't bash Democracy and Capitalism, and it's products. Soooooo don't push me, please I am begging you, please because many people here will get hurt if I do so.

Seriously do some research...

Fire Breathing Terrorists lol

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roper

Originally posted by Rapacity

Edited to add:

The eight "missing/unpunished" men might not have been aware of their to-be-punished woman's status as being married. Also, who said the women had affairs with other men (they might have had affairs with women (8 women=4 couples).

[edit on 20/7/08 by Rapacity]

For the act of adultery, cutting off a finger is still a bit much.

If the women had homosexual affairs I think the Muslim religion would call it that and deal with the act of homo sex. They kill them too. Dead is dead.

In Islam women are treated as property and the men get away with murder, see "honor killings".

Roper

[edit on 20-7-2008 by Roper]

OK that just pushed me right to the edge, in Islam women are the most respected, even more than men. Please do some research before making a comment about Islam. Honor killing has nothing to do with Islam just like racism has noting to do with the American values just because there are many racists in America. PIMPING which treats women as property has nothing to do with the American values just because Snoop Dog pursues it. Don't push me, or I will start the bashing. This kind of comments you guys make without even bothering to do a bit of research is very insulting and hurting to Muslims.

Be less brainwashed and do more research, my advice.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Bomb ‘em!!! Bomb ‘em right now!!! Those darn dirty Arab Iranians with their caveman religion. How can we, as the worlds last bastion of culture and godly behavior allow this to happen?!?!?! We must save them from themselves by dropping our bombs of salvation on their ignorant, murderous families. It is our solemn duty as god’s representatives on earth. And any of you sissified Arab lovin’ peaceniks that won’t stand up for our country need to get the hell out!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Along with adultery, other capital offenses in Iran include murder, rape, armed robbery, apostasy, blasphemy, drug trafficking, prostitution, treason and espionage.

Had to look up apostasy.

a·pos·ta·sy Pronunciation[uh-pos-tuh-see] noun, plural -sies. a total desertion of or departure from one's religion, principles, party, cause, etc.

Huh, so they execute teenagers then

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapacity Also, who said the women had affairs with other men (they might have had affairs with women (8 women=4 couples).

Not likely...

"Iran is perhaps the nation to execute the largest number of its citizens for homosexuality. Since the 1979 Islamic revolution in Iran, the Iranian government has executed more than 4,000 people charged with homosexual acts" Wiki

"In Iran and Saudi Arabia, executions are still public. Criminals are beheaded with the sword in Saudi Arabia, and hanged from cranes in Iran" Wiki

It surprises me that there is one man in the group.. because usually its as you say... the woman gets the blame because he was 'unaware' of her married status

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
It's messed up. But they knew good-and-well of the consequences before hand. Every country has laws, no matter how screwed up they may be. That's my take.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Excuse-my-back]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
[edit on 21-7-2008 by Southbound]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Southbound

E-mail the white house and the U.N. an demand they put political pressure on Iran to stop this kind of crap.

Its their law,its Islamic law so who the hell are White House or UN to stop them?

No one stops White House when they drop bombs killing thousands by illegally invading their countries.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
in a country where all marriages are arranged some between children and adults im not surprised some commit adultery...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
Bomb ‘em!!! Bomb ‘em right now!!! Those darn dirty Arab Iranians with their caveman religion. How can we, as the worlds last bastion of culture and godly behavior allow this to happen?!?!?! We must save them from themselves by dropping our bombs of salvation on their ignorant, murderous families. It is our solemn duty as god’s representatives on earth. And any of you sissified Arab lovin’ peaceniks that won’t stand up for our country need to get the hell out!

HA HA HA Ha ha ha heh eh ... You are jokin ... right?

I mean ... you know that Iranians are not Arabs ... right?

... and all that other crazy talk about being gods representatives and the last bastion of culture ... you jokin ... right?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
i want to wonder why fauxnews doesn`t report on similar events in the UAE and saudi arabia since they not only have beheading but stoning for capital crimes... oh wait thats because they are allies (apparantly)

kinziblogs.wordpress.com...

^^ they stone paedofiles - seems the best option really....

sty

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
were all them lesbian or something? i do not see the male being punished in that country! sometimes females are even killed for being raped.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Originally posted by xmotex
Trying to pretend this stuff is unique to Islam ignores a lot of history, including the good old Christian tradition of burning people at the stake...

The pertinent facts are that stoning is still practiced in Islam. Burning is no longer done by Christians.

But humanitarian outrage is not the reason these stories get so much attention in the Western press. A propaganda campaign to get more people behind a war against Iran is.

I don't know about that. *I'm* outraged, and I sense outrage in this thread.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

Originally posted by Ownification
You just had to involve Islam in to this, and the source is Foxnews hehe.

Stoning is called for by Sharia law. And the source of the story are the barbarians in Iran, not Fox News, hehe.

Your lucky I don't bash Democracy and Capitalism, and it's products. Soooooo don't push me, please I am begging you, please because many people here will get hurt if I do so.

Knock yourself out. Just start another thread on it; don't derail this one. Let me know when you've started it.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The laws are so bass ackwards, it's not even funny. Stoned to death for cheating? On what.. husbands that are allowed to do anything they want? The women there are treated like property, not people.

Tell me this: How can you prove a woman committed adultry without there being a guy she committed it with? Or, are they suggesting that all the women only cheated with unmarried men?

It still staggers me how primative how many supposedly "modern" civilizations are.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I justify it. You marry to one man to one whole person the rest of your life and that is it.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Don't commit the crime if you can't do the time.
Antiquated saying you might say, but still applies, especially to this case.

No matter how illiterate or underprivileged these people were, they no doubt knew that Adultery is a cardinal sin for a Muslim.
They lived in an Islamic Republic for pete's sake, it's like somebody who lives in Singapore being shocked when their sentenced to death for smoking some pot (which happens more often than you think), they knew exactly what they were getting into and what they could face if they were caught and tried.

This is highly reminiscent of the Schappelle Corby case we had in Australia; where a young, naive Australian girl agreed to a be drug mule to try and import cannabis into Bali for a drug-smuggling ring. A place widely known for it's stringent drug-enforcement laws and penalties. Of course she gets busted and then played the whole "I swear I don't know how they got there" game for around 4 years before being given a highly reduced sentence because the Australian public and government literally went ballistic that this was happening.
Funny how we didn't seem to a give a crap years before when Gordon Vuong, Michelle Leslie, Scott Rush, Van Tuong Nguyen were all imprisoned or executed in South-East Asia for drug smuggling.

I'm not saying I support stonings, but I am saying when your a citizen of a nation, by DEFAULT you accept their laws and customs.
Americans complain foreigners and immigrants fail to adapt to Western society and assimilate, yet they criticise foreign government for enforcing their own laws and trying to do the same?

Sigh... pick a stance and STICK WITH IT.

And a word of caution; this is FOX News people, not exactly the most empathic or understanding of sources when it comes to foreign countries and cultures. It's nothing more than a smear campaign, which Faux are all too well known for, because of course with the escalated tensions the US has with Iran, now would be a good time to try and make the enemy out to be backward, decadent savages so the public don't bat an eyelash when the sh*t hits the fan.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Sharia law is a very ugly thing in the modern world. Its like living the old testament from a Christian or Jewish point of view. Even having any allegation to it coexisting in UK in family and schooling (imagine girls and women not being afforded the constitutional rights given to all citizens, and children not being allowed to participate in music, dancing or singing, along with other things.) Canada toyed with it until protestors, including a lot of moderate muslims who had escaped that moving here, took it off the table of consideration. However, years ago Iran democratically elected a more moderate government, and the US sabotaged it and was responible for the Ayatollah Humani. So, what does that tell you about our Governments? Obviously they like that kind of control system.

And these people have struggled so hard for equality and rights. We are all sovereigns and have the right to chose our own spirituality. Church and State do not belong together, its fascism. Without war and using DU weapons to depopulate the middle east and steal their resources, at the expense of poisoning all of us for over 4 billion years I might add, we need to find ways to help them in their struggles for equality and political reform, without violence.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadbang
For the people calling for a legal punishment for the act of adultry...think about it for a minute...

You can't legislate morality...and before I get flamed, I'm not talking about murder or rape or crimes of that nature...and theres the key point...people get executed for a crime...a serious one...I'm talking about what goes on between two adults.

and to finish this thought....most adults during the course of their marriage or relationship will be tempted, and a good many will stray...it's human nature...I think you'll find that if this was really how the world worked...our overall population would be greatly diminished.

Where are most people's moral values learned? In religious temples, from books of religion read by preachers. Most of law (regardless of country and excepting political intervention) is based on moral conduct within the society it moderates.

IMO, Adultery is one of the worst crimes anyone can commit. It steals from those affected by it.

Children born to a woman through adultery yet raised by an unsuspecting, unaware man and family are stolen of their identity by not knowing their roots. Those children are invested in by that man and his family, they waste their time and money bringing up children that are not physically related to them. Those children may suffer the indignity of discovering their Mother's lie and deceit. How might they feel about getting to know a new "Dad"

Likewise, a non-adulterous woman whom brings up her children expects her children to inherit from their father and her all those things they have worked to give at the time of their death. She (and her children) do not expect to share their inheritance with another family created through adultery. They do not expect to have other siblings to rival.

To clear this up, adoption of a child is different than unknowingly raising a child that is not your own (under the belief that it is).

Aside from children born through adulterous relationships, why should a man or woman steal from another's time on this planet. When I invest my time and money in a woman, I don't expect her to be a bad investment, one that is to make me poor. I'd rather invest elsewhere. The same holds for a woman investing in her man. Why should either expect less than loyalty and truth.

If all parties in a relationship agree to an open relationship then their is no crime - it is their choice, no-one elses. When it isn't an open relationship, I say it should be finger chopping time (by the state, in full view of society).

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This is just a further example of how, with Sharia Law, justice is not only blind, but deaf dumb and retarded. Where are the other men that were involved. And how is execution in any way a justifiable punishment for adultery? Sure, adultery is wrong, but the death penalty? By stoning? What year are we living in, exactly?

People voluntarily choose to live like this? Or are they just indoctrinated and brainwashed so heavily from birth that they can entertain no alternative (not unlike many fundies here in the US)?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join