It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generators Blew Out... UFOS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well back around in 2000 - 2005 eastern usa had no power for about 2 days or so. During this time I was living in new Jeresy I had no electricty in my apartment at this time. While still in the apartment all hot and stuff, I heard in the radio that the generators blew out. When we got power about a week or so or maybe less I heard somewhere in the radio or in the news that there were a couple of UFO's flying over these generators and blew them out. So I think that they wanted to see our reaction if we had no electricty how we are going to surive or some what.

So what do U think about this?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LilWillQ

LOL! Me thinks you're grasping at straws! If they wanted to see how humans would survive without electricity, there's plenty of 3rd world countries they could zip over to and study quite easily. I don't think you really thought that one out before you posted mate.

Nice Try though....

IRM

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I heard awhile back on the news it was found to be the companys themselves were creating the false blackout. But been wrong before and probably will be again.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If it's the power outage I recall, it was caused by ground faulting a couple of high tension lines which then caused a general failure within the region. Once the main substations drop out, it takes some time to bring the grid back up.

No conspiracy or other reasons ever stated.... until now.

It's easy to knock out electric devices, it's hard to knock out a generator; using only electric fields. Do a little study in electrical engineering and EMP, you'll figure it out.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
No I mean in city populated areas...

Like what will we do...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
You'd live much as your ancestors did in the middle to late 1800's. Use candles, eat fresh meat and fresh vegetables, drink water that would still be available.

There would be no A/C to keep you cool.

It would be difficult for some people to cope with, but very survivable.

BTW: The original Twilight Zone Show had this very idea and broadcast it back in 1960 or so. "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street" was the name of the episode.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilWillQ
Well back around in 2000 - 2005 eastern usa had no power

for about 2 days or so.

During this time I was living in new Jeresy I had no electricty in my apartment

When we got power about a week or so

So what do U think about this?

I think I am really confused about the time line you are talking about.

from other posts of yours, I recall you being about 15 years old. So that being said, that would make you about 7 years old or in second grade.

How did you score an apartment in New Jersey at that age?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lovepens1

Originally posted by LilWillQ
Well back around in 2000 - 2005 eastern usa had no power

for about 2 days or so.

Man, I live on the Eastern coast of the United States. Funny, I don't recall that...except for when Hurrican Katrina came through and we didn't have power for two weeks.

So the whole eastern US was without power? That's alot of ground to cover. I bet the electrical repair business made a fortune.

I'm not even going to touch the whole UFO's blew out the power thing.

[edit on 7/20/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Why in the world would you link a generator failure with UFO's...?

The most likely answer is that over consumption caused everything to fail. UFO?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
someone probably just asked for it

and recieved it.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinkyIt's easy to knock out electric devices, it's hard to knock out a generator; using only electric fields. Do a little study in electrical engineering and EMP, you'll figure it out.

Small gasoline generators used for home electricity back-up purposes could actually be knocked out just as easily as any other electronic devices. Especially the portable el-cheapo Chinese ones that are quite common today.

These generators DO have many delicate electronic parts inside the generator itself: the diode in the rotor, possibly also a separate voltage regulator having several transistors in it. And then there is the ignition electronics for the engine itself. All these parts are potential reliability hazards.

A generator having an old-fashioned gasoline engine with mechanical ignition breaker points (or an all-mechanical Diesel engine) together with a squirrel-cage type electric motor wired as a generator would be much more reliable in this sense. No semiconductors, this means less EMP-related problems if nothing else!

I have two cheap Chinese gennies and they both stopped generating electricity when I tested them last summer, actually a few days apart! Now I need to replace the blown electronic parts with more robust ones and hope they'll last longer than a few hours of use.

I do, however have an issue with computers and other electronic devices occasionally having very weird misbehavior when I'm close to them, even with absolutely no apparent reason. My friends have already started joking about my BKC (Bad Karma for Computers) syndrome, and I no longer find it very funny...

The latest problem was with a very well built U.S. made gasoline grass trimmer that I bought new just last week. The poor B&S engine lasted less than five minutes and then the ignition suddenly died. I took the engine to a qualified shop for warranty repair, and the guys were astounded, telling me this was the very first ignition module they had seen to fail for that brand as this was no Chinese junk.

Either I'm very unlucky with all electronic devices, or then I'm just an occasional... SLIder

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The Northeast Blackout of 2003, maybe?

Canada claimed lightning struck a power plant in New York, or something happened to a nuclear plant in Pennsylvania. CNN said the Niagara-Mohawk power grid overloaded.

More

Of course, this may or may not be right. I'm just tossing it out there.

[edit on 7/20/2008 by garyo1954]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Lithium

My very first thought about your bad Karma is an ability to charge and hold static electricity which is released at the best time for something bad to happen.

As for generators, there is something to be said about your experiences. I have some home built units which I'd put to a test. A close lightening strike had no effect on similar design several years ago, so I'm confident in the unit.

There really has to be a certain amount of metal available for the EMP effect to actually damage electronics. A 30" antenna or power cord is not enough of a conductor. A metal cage around the object, even if it's part of the object, can provide protection if certain things are done. A car as a Faraday box is a perfect example of this idea.

Anyway, this is off topic, so let's put it back on track.

The blackout I recall was the one that had all the people in NY walking across the bridges and being shown live on all the networks. Probably 2003 which was mentioned in above posts.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
yes I think this was it

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lovepens1

Well of course I was living with my parents at the time...

U people need to think when u ask these kinds of questions...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lovepens1

Im sorry if I was implying that way I did it intentionally
Well I was not trying to hurt your feelings
I am sorry for this.

Sure ill go ahead with this contest.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by LilWillQ]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link