It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 1 bomb destroyed Pearl Harbor

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I'll take that as a "no comment".

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
if McCain made the Bomb comment instead of Obama you can bet 1 mil $ that CNN and this website would have been flooded with, " HE HAS ALZEIMERS" and other random BS that hes too old or w/e.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Obama obviously misspoke when he was talking about the states. He's only human. As far as Mccain goes, he's only human too. When he starts saying that Iran has WMD's and forging documents to proove it then i will worry.

Try giving as many speeches and travelling as much as him and i bet you would be messing your words up once in a while too.

As far as the bomb comment goes that was not a misspeak, he was speaking figuratively about the disaster that happend at pearl harbor. Havent you hear the term before? You could also say "Remember the bomb that was dropped on New Orleans?" Speaking of hurricane Katrina of course. Its just a term used to describe a disaster that struck a region. "Bomb that struck a region".

Obama is just a person. Bush is just a person. Mccain is just a person. Focus on the things that matter, that is where they stand on issues, and if they are adaptable to a changing world and able to make good decisions. In the end they are all just people. The question is which person is the best person to lead America out of the rabbit hole we are currently in.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It is very disappointing to see that this great national is being pulled down by dishonest and corrupt politicians.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
Come on now, do you REALLY think Obama thinks 1 bomb fell on Pearl Harbor?

He was reading a speech, I bet it was a typo and he just read what was in front of him.

You are exactly right Keyhole.

And to anyone who thinks you are saying that words don't matter, it's obvious they are reaching for straws.

Especially since Ronald Reagan made tons of gaffes like this.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I will be honest, I could understand such an assertion if he meant "Bomb" in a Metaphorical sense, such as a "Dramatic Incident", or a "Tremendous Reality Check". He does have a propensity however to just flat-out mis-state facts, figures, and reality.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Here is your quote:

"Obama is speaking 'figuratively' or 'symbolically' meaning he is not saying 'exactly' what happened but is using symbolism to make the point. Things like this are done for the purpose of making a speech sound better or to meet any other format needs. The same type of thing is done with the written word as well.

Basically the OP is digging for something, anything, he/she can use to make Obama look bad."

Yes Obama is speaking in symbols, riddles, baby-talk you name it! Just the same-ole, same-ole! Mouth is moving but STILL not saying anything!!

I was raised to, say what you mean and mean what you say!! Since when do the words you speak not mean anything? Oh yeah!, I forgot,... since Obama got elected President LOl!!

As far as "digging for something to make Obama look bad" You really don't
have to dig too far. He can handle This job ALL by himself!!

[edit on 17-11-2008 by paxnatus]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join