It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy of Conspiracies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I am posting a few threads these days that are observations I have made over the years of reading ATS threads.

This one is to do with threads that contain the general question of if there is something big going to happen in the near future.

I first noticed these threads appear in bulk a short time after 9/11. Lots of members were sceptics back then when it came to the doomsday predictions, alien disclosure, threads about general hunches and anti-christ threads.

The point I am simply making is that there are far fewer sceptics now than there were ten years ago and I think this is due to the exact same tactics that we see in media only through threads. Is it because we have witnessed a total bombardment of threads in these topics that we are beginning to believe this or is it because something is going to happen?

I have made it obvious what I think but food for thought that to my knowledge nobody has yet noticed on ATS yet.

If indeed the real reason for this is due to the bombardment of threads then the majority of posters on this site are actually spreading disinformation and they have absolutely no awareness of it.

Pretty scary if we have actually become the one thing this site stands against dont you think?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Havent formulated a proper response/agreement yet but I think youre touching on some truth here. I doubt many will be willing to admit and undoubtedly will bombard your thread with "proof" of actual conspiracies to back up their denial.

A star for you!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SHNIPE

Thanks for the star.

There are a lot of examples of this just now where people are lapping up stories that would have been shut down at the first line.

Here are a few examples of what I mean

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now these threads are generating massive attention, particularly the last one I have linked. I feel that if i made a thread saying I feel more awake this year it would get more attention and discussion than the very thread that I have just created to highlight this.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Good point, once you've heard something from a dozen different angles, it starts to stick in your head.
By reading the comments left after posts though, people seem to take most of the 'theories' with a pretty big pinch of salt - because many of the posters are either completely insane or else taking the p*ss OR the thread holds no interest to them.

When it comes the 'something big happening soon' idea, i joined this forum because for the last 9 months myself and a growing number of people i know are feeling like we are subconsciously waiting for something messed up to happen. And i had never read into the whole conspiracy thing when i first started feeling like this.
Dunno what it is going to be but all the threads here give outside perspectives on it.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well you will soon get your vision fulfilled. The Stock Market Has Spoken.
I posted a thread as another user - because these ATS Folks - well they censor me quite a bit. being a born Patriot - I take offense to that, but I dont own or control ATS. So, I must stop telling you what is really going on. because quite frankly - I'm tired of signing up for new Email addresses.
--
If you pull up any longer term chart of the S&P500, you will notice the year 2000 - 2001. ok, now look at 2007 - 2008. we are copying 2000 - 2001 with a different deck of cards... you see they put in and pull out stocks from the S&P almost every month. So, how can we possibly duplicating the year 2000 - 2001.... well its simple really, the way they
told you the stock market works - well its a load of bunk.
they have basically two signals BUY and SELL.... the buy signal looks like a W and the Sell signal looks like your middle finger... got it...
ok, since we are duplicating 2000-2001 time frame again... well I suspect around the same time again... Sept. 2008 ... there should be another event. but you will not hear this just any place....
short term we are on the second rally and after the next down draft - Sept - Oct. will be the place where they did 911... followed by a down draft followed by a new BULL Market in November 2008.
.... this event will have to be a really negative event to force capitulation in the markets... if you need to know more - Phil at Philsgang.com teaches how the rich keep track of their millions of investments by just looking at the chart and following the market rules... www.philsgang.com

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

You have just given a good example of what I am meaning.

This feeling that people have that something big is going to happen started with the 2012 idea that the world is going to end.
You then had the other side of the coin being that 2012 would be spiritual ascension rather than destruction.
You then had people saying that the world was going to be wiped out by a coment in 2012 planet x.

For the people who do not visit ATS there is the news that has its war games etc and this all attributes to peoples feelings inevitably whether they want it to or not. There are tonnes of ways that you can be influenced due to the amount of things that are bombarded to our minds in our daily lifes, common sense gives you the rest of the picture without me quoting it.

Lets say that this feeling is wrong and is being used to hold people back from the bigger picture, because at the end of the day we can only wait cant we to see if something big does happen? It could also be argued that this could be the cause of something big happening because whoever started the disinformation could be planning something that needs everyone else to be distracted.

I just smell a case of problem, reaction and solution going on with this hype building.

Can you not see how it is possible that everyone has contributed unknowingly to something that is clouding our judgement because of the amount of times it is being bombarded at us by us and through different avenues.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I know how you feel. If it doesn't have the typical stuff in it why would anybody notice. Apparently some of the people here aren't after the truth as much as others are.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

This feeling that people have that something big is going to happen started with the 2012 idea that the world is going to end.

You then had the other side of the coin being that 2012 would be spiritual ascension rather than destruction.

Different perspectives of the same event.

Some people are seeing the comming event as bad, others are seeing it as good.

Depends on if you have something to lose or something to gain.

Alpha or Omega

Beginning or end.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by In nothing we trust]

top topics

join