It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security Cameras in the Girls Locker Room

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
(Im not totally sure if this is in the right forum, so mods feel free to move this.)

I take an aerobics class at my highschool, and recently, someone has been stealing things in the locker room. Our aerobics teacher told us that if this keeps up, shes going to put cameras in the locker room to watch our every move. This really upsets me, dont we have any rights? Is this legal? And, if it is legal, should they make it illegal?

I think if they do put cameras in our lockerroom I will start some kind of petition.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
hmmm... I think that's horrible -
(unless I can get some video tapes, heh heh)

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
No way would your teacher have the right to put video cameras in the locker-room. You should talk with your principal.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Now Come On... whats wrong with cammeras in the girl's locker room
?

Just jk. No seriously though if that is happening then the student's parents should sue the crap out of the school to prevent this.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
that's bogus... you should just refuse to go in there. get changed in another bathroom or something before class. or hell, refuse to participate or don't change at all.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Cant think of anywhere else to put so unless another MOD can think of summat it stays here.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
They're gonna need some one to watch them to make sure stuff doesn't get taken..... I reluctantly volunteer.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I will refuse to participate if she goes through with this. I dont know who will have access to these videos. My aerobics teacher is a dumbass. Do you think there would be grounds for lawsuit if she did this?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Check this report.

A Tennessee school district where security cameras were installed in a middle school's locker rooms is accused of allowing images of children changing their clothes to be viewed over the Internet.

The parents of 17 children, ages 10 to 12, have filed lawsuits in federal and state courts against the Overton County School Board and Edutech Inc., the company that installed the cameras in the district's Livingston Middle School. The suits seek more than $4 million in damages.

Click here for the full article

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
I will refuse to participate if she goes through with this. I dont know who will have access to these videos. My aerobics teacher is a dumbass. Do you think there would be grounds for lawsuit if she did this?

There could be but is there a law stipulating that "that cameras arent allowed in changing rooms"?
O.K there privacy act but does it cover this sort of thing?

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by drunk]

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
your teacher shouldnt have rights to put cameras in your locker room, unless there is some kind of permission from the school district or something...

Stealing is bad, but, its sick to have cameras watching people change in the locker room.

and who ever was the one who said they wanted their hands on a video tape could sure find a life in a mental assylum pretty soon

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I think the cam need to be a webcam and be streamed somewhere on the net.... Just kidding!!!

Seriously, I'd cry over privacy invasion. Come on.

Maybe someone in your school is a big perv and purposefully stole some stuff in the locker, just to justify the need of a security cam!? Scary, isn't it? Am I parano? Yeah, I plea guilty...

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Wait, if this is a locker room, why arent the lockers padlocked? That would seem the most effective way to stop theft, because if you leave your locker unlocked, its nobodies fault but your own if something gets stolen out of it.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Forget the principle! Go to your local newspaper and tell them the story. Get all of the parents in an uproar and then you will see things change.

And yes, I love to start trouble.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Forget the principle! Go to your local newspaper and tell them the story. Get all of the parents in an uproar and then you will see things change.

That actually might not be a bad idea. Sometimes it's what it takes to make things move.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well that happens to be very illegal and an outright invasion of privacy. If they do it, I would first reccomend going into the lockeroom, get naked, take a shower, go dry off right in front of the camera with about 6 girlfriends, then ban together and the 6 of you hire a really good attorney file a class action lawsuit and become a millionare.. Frankly, I wish I had the opportunity to make that kind of cash.. The apple is there, reach out and grab it baby!

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by dreamrebel]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Dreamrebel, I love your way of thinking...go on, grab the apple, grab the apple!

But seriously, if she were to put cameras up without every user of the rooms' permission it would be illegal, human rights privacy acts and all that. But I'd have thought she's just using this as a threat to who ever is the culprit; otherwise the obvious question would be, why not just put locks on the lockers? Surely it's alot cheaper then installing security cameras? (you could use the law suit!)

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I know its not very ladylike, but if I ever found a camera in any changing room I was using, someone would end up eating it !!!

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
What she should have said was:

"I'm going to get some mother from the PTA to wach over the locker room at all times! and she will report to me if she sees who is doing this!"

Not that she would put Camras in locker room if whom ever didn't stop stealing, because that's just wrong. That is, if it isn't a scare like TrueLies said. Because if she was to do this, she would get in big trubble and the guys in the school found out then it would be worse. If I were you, I would check ever wall, locker and corner in that room, if you find anything then she wasn't lieing, turn her in to the principal. that simple.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join