It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you being watched?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I saw this story & I was very suprised that this was going on. It's about people using your cameras to spy on you. Here's the link to the story. They're Watching You
Here's the video link.

I was thinking of putting in a new security system in my house and that would include those wireless IP cameras so I don't have to pull wires through my walls. Now I'm going to have to make sure I can secure it so others don't use my cameras to watch me.

Also, after reading this story I wonder how many of my neighbors have those cameras?

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by outsider]

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It's not a real big surprise reading this. I firmly believe we are all being watched whether or not we have a camera or not.

It is being accomplished through your monitor and this little screen lets the powers that be into your world whenever it is turned on.

I also believe it is even deeper than just your monitor or web cam. Think about this do you really now what every little chip on your motherboard is for...NO..? Well neither do I but I am willing to bet there is a chip that allows them into your system to do whatever they want and yes they can hear what you are saying simply by listening to your mic

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
There was a story on TechTV (Unscrewed i believe) that showed how to watch other people's wireless video cameras that may be set up around your area.. They drove around and found quite a few.. including a hidden camera in a hotel!

As for the extra chips on the MoBo of your computer... im pretty sure their isnt a 'government' chip on it.. You can get a schematic of your MoBo and see what each chip is labeled....

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Yes I am aware that I am being watched, I chose to live in a gated community, and yes there are cameras in many places including at the gate and at every intersection and all the public areas...but that's the price I pay for the ability to leave my door and windows open and my car unlocked most of the times.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by IncognitoGhostman
Think about this do you really now what every little chip on your motherboard is for...NO..? Well neither do I but I am willing to bet there is a chip that allows them into your system to do whatever they want and yes they can hear what you are saying simply by listening to your mic

You know microphones work by the movements of a diaphragm. Speakers also work by moving a diaphragm. If you had a chip on your computers sound card, you could turn the computers speakers into a microphone and listen to everything.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
My colleagues are watching me everyday.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Yes I am aware that I am being watched, I chose to live in a gated community, and yes there are cameras in many places including at the gate and at every intersection and all the public areas...but that's the price I pay for the ability to leave my door and windows open and my car unlocked most of the times.

A 180 pound rottwieller and a loaded shotgun do the same thing for me and I dont need the cameras

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
How about good old fashioned looking at you through the window? Thats a helluva lot creepier than someone looking at me through my monitor. \

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally Posted By: Kinglizard
You know microphones work by the movements of a diaphragm. Speakers also work by moving a diaphragm. If you had a chip on your computers sound card, you could turn the computers speakers into a microphone and listen to everything.
This is something I was also alluding to but wasn't too sure if it was possible yet then again anything is possible.

Originally Posted By: Calculon386
There was a story on TechTV (Unscrewed i believe) that showed how to watch other people's wireless video cameras that may be set up around your area.. They drove around and found quite a few.. including a hidden camera in a hotel!

As for the extra chips on the MoBo of your computer... im pretty sure their isnt a 'government' chip on it.. You can get a schematic of your MoBo and see what each chip is labeled....
I have seen that program as well as one on our local news show. You could get a schematic of your motherboard but it's not going to tell you what exactly every chip on there does.

The only reason we have PCs and the technology behind it is because of the NSA. They developed the technology for themselves and released it to the world as a means of control and surveillance plus their technology is far more advanced than our somewhere around 10 years ahead of the outside world.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Everything that you do is monitored in one way or another. Many things are possible and unknowing to most. As incognitoghostman had said....the gov'ts advancment is far superior to what you'll ever see in your lifetime. If they monitor countries around the world, then they are quite capable of monitoring you. It happens continuously at every second somewhere and everywhere. It may be you right now!

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by meddled
How about good old fashioned looking at you through the window? Thats a helluva lot creepier than someone looking at me through my monitor. \

Ive had that happen, as well as waking up in the middle of the night because my windows open and I can hear footsteps outside of it. Now I just close and lock my window and pull down my curtains. Still creepy, though.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

I leave my doors unlocked most of the time too.

I dont live in a gated community just in the middle of a bunch of those pro-gun wackos, everyone is armed to the teeth.

People can say what they want our crime rate here is almost Zero and people are polite

top topics

join