It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September of '08 -- Just Listen.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Ah, so it's time for our monthly "prediction" thread on ATS.

I'll say the same thing I always say: If it happens, it happens; if it doesn't, it doesn't. No point crying over spilled milk until the milk actually spills.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I have seen this show on National Geographic a while ago about a man who had made this software to measure global awareness. I do not know if this is the same software, and I have to got to bed and will check the provided links later.

Anyway, to the OP: what is it the software you are refering to is measuring? Or is it not measuring but "predicting"? I read something about fractals and I Ching, is that it? This is not different, apart from the fractal input (know what fractals are, but how to link them to I Ching beats me), from when I ask the Tarot what the day will hold for me.

Very interesting! I will come back here!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Im not sure how you can make any predictions at all for the future considering what has already happened in the past was not that great of a "prediction".

I really don't understand why you would mention Jon Benet Ramsey. I can understand mentioning other large events, but if you mention this, and then claim that something is going to happen in September, how large of an event could it be?

A child going missing? A man falling down the stairs? The price of gas going up 3 cents? Uranus exploding? God appearing?

I am having a hard time understanding magnitude dude.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think alot of the posters don't 'get' this concept. The OP is offering-up possible events that coincide with a change in the timewave. He happened to pick John Benet since it was such a huge cultural event. So sue him. It may also have been Iraq's refusal of UN inspections that turned the corner to the war that ultimately led us to the dark place we now find ourselves.

Fractals are everywhere in nature. Plants, animals, cosmology all have forms that follow fractals. Timewave measures 'something'. We know that to be true because it 'should' be random. It's not. What it measures is anyone's guess but that 'something' may very well be a proxy for historical events. That is, there may be some universal force that effects history and shows up in the timewave.

The Global Consciousness Project at Princeton is another example of our measuring 'something' that seems to relate to events. Without question the GCP should be generating random numbers (by definition) but 'something' has an effect on it so it does not. And these changes in the outputs of the GCP seem to correlate with large-scale global events. How do you explain that? The statistics are solid. It ain't random.

So, give Timewave a break. We may not understand what underlies it but it measure something and it would appear that we are on the brink of major, major change into 'novelty'. In other words, our collective routine is about to significantly change.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I live in Mississippi and I pray to God above that it is not another Hurricane Katrina event. Man, after three years we are still recovering and some are still suffering from that horrible horrible storm.

Katrina even affected the way I buy food now. After the end of June, I don't buy meat or anything else that has to be put into an electric freezer. By August's end, most of the freezers are nearing empty and if I do lose anything, it's usually the frost bit stuff anyway.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
[As the theory was never published in a peer-reviewed journal and McKenna's sources and reasoning were primarily what would be considered numerological rather than mathematical by professional mathematicians and scientists, the theory has failed to gain any (scientific) credibility or much recognition.]Voodoo science more then a theory. Next

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
From my own guide to ATS Hoxing

Apocalyptic prediction transmitted by a second party (rarely first hand)

Sort of, something major, predicted by some software, transmitted to us by the OP, a second party.

Predictor is anonymous (for their own safety) but has a successful track record

Not quite, as a software program, it cannot be threatened, nor queried, so functionally the same.

OP is not going to say any more about it

May alter this to not say anything more, or gets hostile when questioned, either way it puts us around step three or four. Awaiting the new information.

What the...? Okay dude, first of run spell check and get "Hoaxing" right.

I haven't had TIME lol, no pun intended.
to run more waves, research the dates that correspond with dips into novelty, and post them for your pleasure.

This is not "prophecy"--rather a theory about time that has "mathematical teeth" to it. Just as Terence would argue,

"The task of discerning sh*t from Shinola looms very large at the end of history."

To be a "Hoax" I would have to be intentionally deceiving people -- which I am not.

You have well thought out, intelligent, honest questions? Bring em' on!

You disagree, and put up your own counter argument that has logical validity -- bring it on!

I'll try and gather more information today as fast as I can to make the research a bit easier for the community. The responses thus far have already done a good job of providing the pertinent information -- thank you!

With a "theory" like this it's not like we'll have to wait years to see whats going to happen, and I can be legitimately made fun of. We only have a few mere months, and yes...I'll still be here to go, "wow I was totally wrong, I need to re-think my entire life".

[edit on 20-7-2008 by MystikMushroom]

[edit on 20-7-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Your method looks unreliable, there are many things that go on around the world that are not good, just because a plane crashed in one of the dips means nothing. Your chart marks a plane crash but not 911? i could make a chart with random dips, then look up events that where negative in nature and just fill them in the chart for the correct dips in time.

I think this is total BS

thanks

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Every 11 years major events happen. The Mayan calander also shows that something significant happens on an 11 year cycle.

1957 Largest baby boom year

1968 The impact of the Vietnam War, the Civil Rights Movement, the politics of the new left and the unrest on college campuses across the nation leads to a major eruption of events late in the decade. 1968 is a year of demonstrations and assassinations, marked by violent protests at Columbia University and the Chicago Democratic Convention and the untimely deaths of Martin Luther King Jr. and Senator Robert Kennedy. During this period, NYU is also experiencing some of its most volatile student activism stirred on by the Hatchett Affair and the Chi-Reston incident.

1979 Nov 4, The US Embassy was taken over by Iranian students and a hostage crisis began. 90 people, including 63 Americans, were taken hostage at the American embassy in Teheran, Iran, by militant student followers of Ayatollah Khomeini who demanded the return of Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi to Iran for trial. He was undergoing medical treatment in New York City. The students held 52 American hostages for 444 days, and were released on the day of the inauguration President Ronald Reagan, January 20, 1981. In 2005 David Harris authored “The Crisis: The President, the Prophet and the Shah – 1979 and the coming of Militant Islam.” In 2006 Mark Bowden authored “Guests of the Ayatollah: The First Battle in America’s War With Militant Islam.”

1990 - events leading up to desert storm began

2001 - 9/11

2012 - ?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

In no way am i dismissing Terence McKenna. I am greatly facinated.

I have been for years.

I have basic questions.

For example why...after Sonny did acid...again and again ...did he not come up with the mindset of those who came to feed him the acid?

I hope you know what I am talking about?

And then..does this mirror a reflection of the 1967 1968 meltdown?

So we have two different subcultures that intersected in the 64 65 era coming to peak in 67 68 and then down to 2012.

I am speaking of two great lines of thought...one entailed in one subculture and the other great line of thought in the other.

Here is a poem by Ginsberg on one of the events:

First Party At Ken Kesey's With Hell's Angels

Cool black night thru redwoods
cars parked outside in shade
behind the gate, stars dim above
the ravine, a fire burning by the side
porch and a few tired souls hunched over
in black leather jackets. In the huge
wooden house, a yellow chandelier
at 3 A.M. the blast of loudspeakers
hi-fi Rolling Stones Ray Charles Beatles
Jumping Joe Jackson and twenty youths
dancing to the vibration thru the floor,
a little weed in the bathroom, girls in scarlet
tights, one muscular smooth skinned man
sweating dancing for hours, beer cans
bent littering the yard, a hanged man
sculpture dangling from a high creek branch,
children sleeping softly in their bedroom bunks.
And 4 police cars parked outside the painted
gate, red lights revolving in the leaves

I often wonder why so many took so many different roads.

Did everybody interpret things so different and personaly that it evolved to what we have now?

[edit on 20-7-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
For those that care about the man Terence McKenna, skip ahead to 4:22 in this video.

This was the last time McKenna was video taped alive.

He talks from 4:22 on about his own impending death, and what he would say if he had to say one last thing.

I find it very moving to see a man with such intellect as McKenna, who knows he has months to live, talk about himself.

So, fast-forward to 4:22/4:23:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
All I ask is for people to "entertain" the idea

If we entertained every single theory that came onto this forum, we'd be locked inside our homes with a shotgun waiting for either aliens, FEMA or the big bad NWO to take us away to concentration camps or a base on mars, and in all honesty you could pick any year since time begun and think of something bad that happened to put on a graph.

The only bad thing that will happen in September this year is my birthday when i turn 20 and have to stop being an immature teenager and grow up.

[edit on 20/7/08 by Liamoville]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LeeHawt

You are more than free to disagree, however, I ask that you take into consideration the math behind this graph. Just because you can't wrap your head around it, does not make it invalid.

It would appear to me, that you have not invested a small amount of time and/or effort in understanding the underpinnings of this theory.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Given what has been happening over the past few years, and the way we are headed thus far, this chart makes complete sense. Take a look at what is happening now, the economy going to #, increase in ufo reports(disclosure of somesort, being slowly implemented), war in Iran near imminent, ancient civilization predictions and theories holding weight as events building for the 2012 time period..., evidence points for something extremely major to happen very soon. I doubt the end of world will actually happen, but Something terryfingly bad will happen, and out of this There will be Truth , awareness, and disclosure on many levels of world secrets and conspiracies.. I think what will happen is global unity of the people, and the victory over the illusion of our so called reality.Once the NWO, is fully revealed , and the masses are aware of this, then we will truly know the true power of the people. We have the chance to be apart of the the most important event in human history, the Period of Pure enlightenment is near...People will be free again...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
All I ask is for people to "entertain" the idea

If we entertained every single theory that came onto this forum, we'd be locked inside our homes with a shotgun waiting for either aliens, FEMA or the big bad NWO to take us away to concentration camps or a base on mars, and in all honesty you could pick any year since time begun and think of something bad that happened to put on a graph.

The only bad thing that will happen in September this year is my birthday when i turn 20 and have to stop being an immature teenager and grow up.

[edit on 20/7/08 by Liamoville]

For a community who's motto is "Deny Ignorance" i see quite a bit of it from members here on this topic.

If we entertained every single theory that came onto this forum...

Odd, I find your logic flawed. If one does not entertain theories -- then is that not the complete opposite of denying ignorance?

Hm...okay, i have much work and research to do!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

How did i guess who were going to moan about me not denying ignorance. Everyone that disagrees with a theory is part of the NWO or allowing ignorance to prevail.

Call me out in October and i will laugh, if something big does happen i will happily admit i was wrong, but it won't. How BIG are we talking about this event having to be to be classed big enough to go on the graph? Serial killer? Airplane crash? Terrorist Bombing? Something bigger?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think it doesn't take an ancient extremely gifted prophet or even a renowned psychic to tell us that this economy is going to fail.

It is extremely obviously that major things are about to unfold if you take into consideration all of the signs around us.

I wouldn't be too skeptical a.k.a. ignorant about highly important, everyone's lives impacting topics such as this.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
How BIG are we talking about this event having to be to be classed big enough to go on the graph? Serial killer? Airplane crash? Terrorist Bombing? Something bigger?

That is what I don't understand either, how do you judge magnitude of an event?

It is one thing to say something will happen during the month, but it would be very interesting if you could give some sort of scale. I just don't understand...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It's not a matter of if something big is going to happen, it's WHEN. I don't care if it's September, 10 years from now, or even tomorrow. The important thing is how the masses will choose to deal with it. If we continue to deal with these things the same way we have in the past, then nothing will change. We will continue to allow ourselves to be led into wars and killing based on whatever "boogieman" is presented to us at the time.
Stop being afraid, and things will begin to change for the better.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join