It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September of '08 -- Just Listen.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixBaller04

I'm not really understanding how people are saying something terrible will happen in October, yet the graph says the complete opposite.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by MatrixBaller04]

well often what is a good thing for one man is a terrible thing for another, ex: one man loses his job and another gets hired instead. so maybe itll be one of those scenarios...

[edit on 21-9-2008 by TornPages]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
It's been said before but it doesn't have to be something terrible, just something that breaks habit - that is, it will change culture and the way that we live and the strength of the novelty is the extent of change caused.

Anyway, I think we can now be as sure as is possible that it ain't gonna be the LHC that causes it since it got broken and it now looks like they're gonna be doing repairs for a couple of months at least..

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 21-9-2008 by skjalddis]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The October prediction is kind of freaking me out right now. Especially in light of the military starting up homeland security tours starting in October.

www.armytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Aye, but bear in mind that a dip that pronounced almost certainly has to be something that has a impact worldwide. The financial stuff that's been going on does have but would homeland security issues in the US affect anyone else that much?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by skjalddis

The collapse of the US would bring about problems world wide. I see the troops being used to contain dissent during such a collapse. Martial law wouldn't be implemented unless the stuff really does hit the fan. That means world wide problems if you ask me.

Certainly just my imagination working overtime, but that is just one scenario that I can think of.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
THe bottom line is simple:

we need anotehr terrorist attack to unite the country around McCain/Palin.

And I declare everyone here barred from responding to this post.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I am not sure if it would unite anyone behind McCain / Palin, but it certainly would be a good distraction from the economic screw job that we are getting. It was an amazing coincidence that we happened to have a major terrorist act distract us from the missing trillions in the Pentagon last time. So, sadly I think you have a good chance of being correct.

Sorry for ignoring the response embargo that you placed on your post.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
WELCOME TO THE AUTUMN/FALL EQUINOX SEPTEMBER 22

Funny how the market appears to be crashing last week and maybe this week....

FALL Time of year...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

Hey I'm back from a trip.The thing which struck me and why initially I posted is because of the similarity of the two shapes,the little tip top and the larger one coming right up(in TW 0)The angle is the same but the size is huge on the one comin right up.We all have to be our own authority in this.I would have people try to be more positive than the day before,advancing their good aspects,etc.why the contra intuitive aspect to the up is stale,down is the exciting and shiny new thing.I am saying that your own intuition is to be your guide,not I.If my rant strikes a chord it is up to you to amplify within your own mind.I have been studying and just gazing at this enigma for a while longer but that in no way makes me right about anything.I feel we can stem this negative tide with positive thinking.Lets start by forgiving alla those Dastards who know not what they are doing.I went back to the 'rents' to patch up a rift that has festered for several decades.I only realised what I was doing after the fact.That is how it works best,you hear a voice compelling you to act and you either hesitate or jump.You don't need anyone's approval.If you act with love in your heart,you will come away from this having learned a thing,eh?Even if it is reincarnation time.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by skjalddis

The collapse of the US would bring about problems world wide. I see the troops being used to contain dissent during such a collapse. Martial law wouldn't be implemented unless the stuff really does hit the fan. That means world wide problems if you ask me.

Certainly just my imagination working overtime, but that is just one scenario that I can think of.

Well, yes - the collapse of the US certainly would have a worldwide impact - just hadn't drawn that conclusion (ie collapse) from what you said before.

Have been wondering how this timewave relates to the extent of the novelty in geographical terms - do we read the smaller dips as more localised events or just events having a smaller impact worldwide or is it both or either. Sometimes they will go hand in hand, but not always. Can we differentiate between a terrible disaster that devastates and completely changes just one region but doesn't have much effect on the culture and lifestyle of other regions and something that has some effect on just about everyone? And that's overlooking the anthropocentric nature of our interpretation of this thing, I really haven't the foggiest how we square that one. If things pan out in October the way they look on the timewave, then I think that's probably fairly good proof that it works - but I'm not sure how many questions it answers.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by skjalddis]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

According to this TWZ graph, we are just starting this dip and this decline is a steep one but It will not come in the form of a sudden event as it reaches its end point somewhere in Jan-feb 09. There will be a quickened pace of 'stuff', and we just started down on it.

The dip in the middle of the graph, starting around 08/04 is re-election of GWB and Cheney.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
You are absolutely right. I have been messing around with the time wave zero software quite a bit, and the novelty in september was something that I also noticed. You can actually download the program for free and graph the dates yourself. There is a HUGE dip that begins in september of 08.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by trueforgerTimewave 0 shows this to be but a blip as compared to what's to come Oct 7,which is the start date to the OP.The TimeWave 0(TW#0). theory purports to show a dip into novelty(D.I.N?)that will be many times greater than right about now, huge to a degree not seen again ever until the end of time.

Just reading through the forums randomly I come across these:

www.abovetopsecret.com... -WebBot sees Oct 7th

www.abovetopsecret.com... - I don't know where he got his info but it's still just a little eerie.

Oh my..

I'm all tingly. I feel honored to be alive right now.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm still here...

The "world" has not ended...

I can't "prove" anything at all now...either you see the correlations, and see something or you don't.

*shrug*

I've come to believe now that low points do NOT indicate major events -- merely a culmination of serious/major events.

The slide into Novelty we saw over the last week of August and into the first two weeks of September fit perfectly with this "economic situation" we are faced with right now IMO.

I had no idea things were so bad previous to my initial creation of this thread.

Perhaps it is mere co-incidence that this all is now "all over the news" -- but was well known to "those in the know" for weeks prior.

As I have said, the low points are the "culmination" of novel events, at least IMO.

So here I am, still here...waiting to be tar and feathered by those who wanted to prove me wrong...

And yet...I can't prove them wrong either! What a paradox!

I hope most find the read through of this entire thread most enjoyable!

-DD

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I have not any idea what "event" will happen -- but it seems (according to posts above I've linked to) that a total economic collapse will happen in late 2008. Now, I finally have mathematical proof that "something" will happen about/around that time.

It's been a while since I read my original posting.

I'm kind of creeped out, no offense!

I posted that back on the 19th of July!

Perhaps this "package" the President wants will end up "saving us" -- and what I know as the "facts on the ground" will turn out to be nothing but a wasted worry...

Something isn't right...Socialization of our Corporations on such a scale IS novel...if it doesn't happen...the collapse it creates will not only be "Novel" for us, but also "resonate" (due to the fractal nature of the wave) to past collapses.

I have much studying to do...*busy*

[edit on 24-9-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Extremely enjoyable. I have gained so much more knowledge than I previously had.

And from what I am hearing, the beginning of the stock market crash will be October 2nd and it will continue through until October 7th when Bush will possibly declare Martial Law.

Am I correct?

Anyone?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I must continue to study...

But I am really, really creeped out over the life this thread has taken on it's own.

How many times have we months before read "listen to me!" threads and NOTHING happens?

Call me a fool, but I think this wave is onto something...

[edit on 24-9-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
So, I forgot to post the next email from my brother, this is what he said:

"Novelty theory has its basis in bullpucky.
Really, this dude and his theory couldn't have missed the target of "truth" by a bigger margin of error.
He is way way off base, and his contrived calculations and desperate formulations do absolutely nothing to legitimize his insane theory.

The most powerful word in mathematics ="Let"
or more succinctly: "if"
or more descriptive "suppose"

Begin with those words and use a little bit of logic, and ANYBODY can create entire worlds of math, existing in fantasy only, consistent though they may be, and patterns though they may show, they correspond to nothing in reality.

His equations mean nothing. If anybody wanted to spend the time, all kinds of mathematical fantasy worlds could get created from scratch, or even based upon ancient writings. They could use random input and apparently produce discernible patterns. But so what? Look up in the sky at night, and the universe presents us with a totally random distribution of stars, yet we also look at constellations. We can stare at clouds and see a rabbit or a dog floating as random collections of water vapor. We see patterns out of random everywhere we look. And we also see the self-similarity of fractals everywhere. Very common I learned in my chaos theory class at Western. No surprise dude sees some fractals in history books. Seems to have driven him mad however.

Human brains do only 3 things with all the sensory input, data and information they get bombarded with during the experience of life.

Brains process by 1. Deleting 2. Generalizing 3. Distorting. We do not actually interact with the world directly. Rather, each of us interacts with our model of the world. The stick in the bucket of water looks bent, but we know it doesn't bend like that if we pull it out. Our senses fail us, and so do our models. McKenna's theory works for his model of the world, but that's not how the world actually is.

In fact, any scientist that truly knows the philosophy would have to say that science does NOT claim to make any statement as to how nature actually is, rather, science can only make statements about our observations of nature. Big diff.

Personally, in my view, any numerology that doesn't include e, can definitely be immediately dismissed as entertainment only. I must admit that all numerology isn't any more legit than astrology, though it may seem more fun and interesting. I prefer Number Theory, for it is real mathematics and doesn't purport to explain any physical phenomena, as numerology does.

I watched the dude on youtube and he talks like a certifiable nutjob. Even disregarding his mannerisms (which could be explained by his passion for his "discovery"), he obviously has absolutely no idea that all his beliefs are based upon our cultural mythology.

Like many scholars, the dude believed that what civilization calls "the agricultural revolution" was a technological event. Which it was NOT. He believed that agriculture developed as a response to famine, which it did NOT. Therefore, his entire timewave theory and how it corresponds to world history collapses upon this error.

I don't claim to know the truth, but i do know that humans are not the purpose of the universe. I do know that farming was not the divine destiny of homosapien intelligence.
I also know that mathematical fantasy doesn't create physical reality. And correlation does NOT imply causation.

McKenna's novelty theory isn't anything better than what someone could get from a tarot card reading."

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Again, my brother is obsessed with Daniel Quinn, it infects all of his thinking. I only offer his opinion because I said I would: for his brain is as big as an ocean.

(The most astounding thing about my brother is his computation skills. He kicks up his feet, closes his eyes, goes into a trance--for lack of a better term--and in minutes, has answers to mathematical quandaries. He successfully solved how to cut 100 year old glass in a lighthouse that was damaged by vandals. No one knew how they cut the glass one hundred years ago, yet he solved how the machine would cut the glass to fit. So, you can bash him if you want, but his opinion does mean something. I, however, think we are in the last days/months, yes.)

[edit on 24-9-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
So, I forgot to post the next email from my brother, this is what he said:
Brains process by 1. Deleting 2. Generalizing 3. Distorting. We do not actually interact with the world directly. Rather, each of us interacts with our model of the world.

Hmmm.

You know, Plucky -- for someone as dismissive as your brother, he sure does leave himself open to the exact SAME attack and dismissiveness he expresses himself. The above cogitation by your brother is (what is the word he used? Bullpucky?)

#

This thread by Mystik to is one of the best threads I've ever seen on ATS. It has introduced me to a whole new concept. I wish I could give more than one star.

Excellent OP
Many thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join