It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September of '08 -- Just Listen.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well this sure seemed like a direct hit if you ask me. I think that the instability that we have seen in the markets the last few days was the tripping point on a long decent into novelty.

I am a little worried about what October 7th might bring, if the other user was correct in stating that it is supposed to be a much steeper decent.

Strange times we live in.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Alright, I have a few questions. I have been looking into this Timewave zero stuff a little bit more lately since the prediction of the stock market falling in mid September was true. Anyways, I am using the Java version of the Timewave software and it is telling me that for October 7th, there will be something positive that happens that brings us all back up.

Does up mean good and down mean bad?

I'm not really understanding how people are saying something terrible will happen in October, yet the graph says the complete opposite.

Will someone/anyone please care to elaborate?

::EDITED TO ADD:: I just checked the calculator again and I checked the box for the King Wen - Watkins graph and it is showing a SHARP decline on October 7th.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by MatrixBaller04]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixBaller04
Alright, I have a few questions. I have been looking into this Timewave zero stuff a little bit more lately since the prediction of the stock market falling in mid September was true. Anyways, I am using the Java version of the Timewave software and it is telling me that for October 7th, there will be something positive that happens that brings us all back up.

I'm not really understanding how people are saying something terrible will happen in October, yet the graph says the complete opposite.

::EDITED TO ADD:: I just checked the calculator again and I checked the box for the King Wen - Watkins graph and it is showing a SHARP decline on October 7th.

Further away from the line means habit, closer to the line means novel.

In other words, the higher the peak the more "normal everyday no biggie" it is. Non novel event is like a kid buying a candy bar. The lower the trough/dip the more "holy crap this is serious/never happens/unique/one of a kind/will have major effects".

A novel event can be good or bad. A large scientific advancement, and a terrorist attack are both examples of novelty.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Alright, so what can we figure out right now for next month? We know something is going to happen in October, but the question is what?

Can we pinpoint the exact day it will happen? Does anyone have any clues as to what might happen? Anyone on the inside?

So far I have come to this conclusion:

If Bush wants to declare Martial Law, he needs to do it before the elections. So what's a better time than October?

I have read on porjectcamelot.com an interview with Benjamin Fulford and he says the next step is Bush declaring Martial Law and the beginning of the use of the FEMA camps.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this? I just have such an uneasy feeling about this.

Before I wanted something to happen. I wanted Bush to declare Martial law. Why? Because I never truly thought it would happen. But now I am getting worried. This is becoming all too real and I just wish it would stop.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
LEAVE! Now!

I don't get it. What the hell is it with these people? Don't have anything better to do than to spam their websites all over the place?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo
[

In other words, the higher the peak the more "normal everyday no biggie" it is. Non novel event is like a kid buying a candy bar. The lower the trough/dip the more "holy crap this is serious/never happens/unique/one of a kind/will have major effects".

A novel event can be good or bad. A large scientific advancement, and a terrorist attack are both examples of novelty.

Now you mention habit being further away from the line... I assume you mean the bottom line which is horizontal. But what is the significances of amplitude, or the vertical line. What is that actually measuring? Forgive my ignorance here, as I am just trying to make sense of the data before me. So you are suggesting the spikes are the "norm"? So how do you view the data which are more of a flat representation? Abnormal or anomalous?

Seems to me that the data is sort of upside down... I would think that novelty would be measured by amplitude on the vertical scale based on the significance of the event. I am just having hard time understanding the data, so plz help me out here.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Yea I u2u'd him asking him what he meant earlier. No response yet. but yea, IMO, his logic is completely reversed. The higher the spike/dip the more novel an event is. If it was just flatlined, then that means nothing is happening.

So, October's looking like the month to be prepared for. But prepared for what?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Yea I u2u'd him asking him what he meant earlier. No response yet. but yea, IMO, his logic is completely reversed. The higher the spike/dip the more novel an event is. If it was just flatlined, then that means nothing is happening.

So, October's looking like the month to be prepared for. But prepared for what?

My logic is not backwards. The higher the spike/dip (what? spike = up, dip = down). The higher the spike, the move habitual that length of time is.

I'm sorry but the whole premise of Novelty theory is that novelty is forever increasing towards the end point - 2012.

Why 2012 a flatline? hmmm.

The significance of the vertical line is just that. The higher from the 0 axis the more habitual. A very novel event can happen in the middle of a habitual time and that is what will cause a large dip, like the one in september 10th. Watch the videos that the OP posted in the very first post of this thread. Terrence McKenna will talk about the sudden descent into novelty that takes place as he points those times out on the graph.

Zoomed out to a large portion of time, frequency has to be taken into thought. For illlustration lets say 4 VERY novel events happen in one month, if that year is graphed, that month will be closer to the bottom line then a previous month that had 3 events of the same magnitude. 4>3, therefore that expanse of time is more novel, and closer to the bottom line

EDIT: and to map surfer confused about why the data seems upside down..well just think of it like this. TimeWave Zero's Y axis is habit, not novelty. The higher the line, the less novel.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Reddupo]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm still not understanding it.

I'm close to understanding it, but it's still a bit out of my grasp. I still see it as a spike up means something good is happening, a spike down means something bad is happening. Simple

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Explain to me the drop in 4/96 and what major event occured.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrixballer04

Like Reddupo said, a climb is into habit, a fall is into novelty in relation to the horizontal.

Novel just means "different" "new" one would assume the greater the "dip" into novelty, the more overall impact the event will have. Or, perhaps, that it will trigger a series of novel events, and combined the impact will be quite large.

Climbing back into habit, however, does not necessarily mean that everything will be fine. It just means it isnt new, it is a trend or a strategy or an event that has happened time and time again. Conventional war is a habit, for instance.

So, novel does not mean bad or good. Habit does not mean bad or good. Either of them could be highly disturbing. Or, extremely pleasant. In fact, on this planet, nothing would be more novel than working out our problems peacefully and all holding hands and singing Kum Bah Yah, with the rich agreeing to stop hogging the worlds resources and exploiting the masses. However, it isnt looking at this point like that sort of novelty is what we are getting.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I'm still not understanding it.

I'm close to understanding it, but it's still a bit out of my grasp. I still see it as a spike up means something good is happening, a spike down means something bad is happening. Simple

Here is two timewave graphs

1st you can see that the Big Bang was a hugely novel event, and thus the huge dip. (Kinda freaky how much more novel 2012 is...Oy I can't even comprehend)

2nd, in the next graph you can see that Agriculture and Warfare were invented. It first rose in habit, as nomadic societies began to settle into this pattern, but then lead into a novel descent as this new villages started to become the targets of conquerors wishing to setup empires.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Reddupo]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by Matrixballer04

Like Reddupo said, a climb is into habit, a fall is into novelty in relation to the horizontal.

Novel just means "different" "new" one would assume the greater the "dip" into novelty, the more overall impact the event will have. Or, perhaps, that it will trigger a series of novel events, and combined the impact will be quite large.

Climbing back into habit, however, does not necessarily mean that everything will be fine. It just means it isnt new, it is a trend or a strategy or an event that has happened time and time again. Conventional war is a habit, for instance.

So, novel does not mean bad or good. Habit does not mean bad or good. Either of them could be highly disturbing. Or, extremely pleasant. In fact, on this planet, nothing would be more novel than working out our problems peacefully and all holding hands and singing Kum Bah Yah, with the rich agreeing to stop hogging the worlds resources and exploiting the masses. However, it isnt looking at this point like that sort of novelty is what we are getting.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

Ok...let's just see if I understand this now. So I run the Timewave calculator and I see no dip for September 2008. A financial crisis. It's happened before right? So there will not be a dip since it's a form of habit. Correct?

So the higher the line goes, that means it's more normal. As in following the line of habit. So whenever it dips, it takes us away from the gradual incline of habit, to the decline, meaning something novel (new) which has never before happened in history.

So after that dip, to go back to normality and habit, the line has to go back up. But if it never does (as what is shown for 2012) that means we never go back to normal and that something is going to happen in the future that is going to change mankind forever.

Now....How far off am I?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixBaller04

Close
the dip that is happening now pretty much continues until 2012 with some habitual climb but not much by comparison to previous periods of history-

Terrence McKenna who invented the timewave explains or attempts to explain the line zeroing out in 2012 as a possible change in the way we perceive time itself - since the software was designed to chart novelty throughtime his conclusion is that time itself is affected by whatever event is coming in 2012 - like for example the possibility of time travel - that would significantly affect our understanding of time...and the ability of the timewave software to predict anything beyond 2012...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Ok...let's just see if I understand this now. So I run the Timewave calculator and I see no dip for September 2008. A financial crisis. It's happened before right? So there will not be a dip since it's a form of habit. Correct?

So the higher the line goes, that means it's more normal. As in following the line of habit. So whenever it dips, it takes us away from the gradual incline of habit, to the decline, meaning something novel (new) which has never before happened in history.

So after that dip, to go back to normality and habit, the line has to go back up. But if it never does (as what is shown for 2012) that means we never go back to normal and that something is going to happen in the future that is going to change mankind forever.

Now....How far off am I?

I'd say that's a pretty significant dip for september 2008 (the last huge peak visisble) to not see.

"But if it never does (as what is shown for 2012) that means we never go back to normal and that something is going to happen in the future that is going to change mankind forever."
Well sort of yes and no. You're still looking at this graph as a calculation of the novelty of single events, while it can be used for that its more of a calculation of the frequency of how many novel events are happening. The closer to the line it is, the "crazier" life seems to become as more novel things are happening (this is why the line is always descending from a greater perspective).

As far as the very end, where it flatlines and never shows its head above that...well I like this definition a lot : "That in the time immediately prior to, and during this omega point of infinite novelty, anything and everything conceivable to the human imagination will occur simultaneously."

My personal opinion is the 5th dimension. That would correlated with that definition, with the change in the way we percieve time definition, and all the judgement end times prophecies in cultures and religions, and also many channelers and new age blah blah.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Well, yes and no. Even though a financial crisis has happened before, it COULD be the trigger for something very novel, say for instance, this financial meltdown was a set up to pave the way for a New World Order. (Mind you I am not saying it is.) Or, and this is important too, the dip could have nothing at all to do with the financial crisis, it COULD have actually represented the turning on of the LHC. All we know is that the dip represents a slide into novelty, we really dont have any way of knowing what that novel event is going to look like, mostly because it is novel. By definition, it would be hard to predict. There have been some that have noticed that novelty seems to impact the stock market badly. Investors get nervy when things are uncertain.

Yes.

Now....How far off am I?

Not far off at all. In fact the only thing I would add to that is that we really dont know what that flat line in 2012 means. It could mean the end of the world, the end of the universe and a collapse into singularity, the end of habit and novelty as opposites, really, we have no way of knowing what happens at that point, and really, no good way of guessing.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I guess the Economic collapse of the US and the world that will follow is what this was predicting.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
So does anyone have an idea as to what may be next? The only prediction I know of so far for October is the spacecract that's supposed to appear on October 14th.

Other than that, my only other prediction would be that if the stock market stays up for the next couple weeks, then sometime in October is when it's going to crash.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MatrixBaller04

Well, I have a morbid fascination with various end of the world scenarios, lol, and there have been lots of them brought up regarding the LHC.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Delays

The first beams were fired successfully around the accelerator's 27km (16.7 miles) underground ring over a week ago.

The crucial next step is to collide those beams head on. However, the fault appears to have ruled out any chance of these experiments taking place for the next week at least.

There is always the possibility that on the very first try at colliding the beams they could create the feared black hole, AND the containment portion of it may fail and the black hole may be able to get some matter to feed on.

Who knows. We have a lot going on this fall with the election, the economy in meltdown, the LHC, sightings of ufos increasing over the last couple years. Maybe it is going to be our first major contact with alien life. Perhaps the LHC could open up time travel and we meet the first humans from the future. Jesus could return, or perhaps a new Buddha, or the Stay Puff Marshmallow man could stomp Washington DC. It could be anything really.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join