It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Mods above the law?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Originally posted by lovepens1

I have no tail.

Stop whining about warns you know you should have received or someone will pin a tail on you,donkey.

Tongue in cheek there if its not obvious,but really as many others have already said learn by it,step away from the keyboard and think about why you have received the warns.

Nobody likes to be pulled up warned/fined/banned whatever,that goes for any age, level of education etc that I`ve witnessed over the years,the diffence is whether one can take it on the chin when its deserving,step back chill out and learn from ones mistakes.

But others have a tune in their heads I think? Bon Jovi`s.....going out in a blaze of delusional glory.

Chill dude or not?

Comments like that remind me from when I was a child of my family dog being scared and pissing on itself. Sorry just being honest. I don't think the word pissing is against the t & c's I apoligise in advace if it is.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I do understand your point pens, but as with everything there is a way to go about things and it would seem that a mojority dont agree with yours although all opinons are subjective.

The mods are policed by the supermods, the supermods are policed by the owners, and the owners are infact policed by us in the form of site traffic and membership levels.

To answer your original question, i would say that a mod is only above "the law" when there is no law to break, in other words when the mods stance is supported by the t&c's, but the exact same thing applies to us too.

I have had a look at the post that Burdman i think it was said they were warned for and taken a look at the thread it was posted in as a whole and i do agree that there does not appear to be any reason for you to be warned for that, unless Obama is a mod!!!! lol.

As a side note, i do have a friend who was banned with no warning or u2u's about why and upon review of what he put in can see that his posts did warrant a warning but not a ban without any warning at all.
I suppose it just goes to show that mods are only human and some things get overlooked.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by full997

Perhaps you didn't understand, I am talking about a super mod

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Comments like that remind me from when I was a child of my family dog being scared and pissing on itself. Sorry just being honest

Oh dont be,actually I say without doubt that the vast majority of the human race if they all knew you were a child of your family dog would be sorry for you if you were so scared it made you urinate

Look pal I`ve had run ins with Mods before some public and lengthy one via u2u which we both sorted out.If you think your acting tough here think again.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by gps777]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Don't mess with the mods.

You are not allowed to have a contradictory opinion, especially if it is more believable than theirs.

You will get points taken. You will be warned. You have been warned.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
You deserve to be banned without doubt,your lucky its not my decission.

With what you just posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Bye bye and good ridence I`d say.

Maybe if and when your banned you can group up with other ex members and continue to bitch and moan how hard done by you all are,oh wait that already happens.

There`s just no helping some people

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Comments like that remind me from when I was a child of my family dog being scared and pissing on itself. Sorry just being honest

Oh dont be,actually I say without doubt that the vast majority of the human race if they all knew you were a child of your family dog would be sorry for you if you were so scared it made you urinate '

you are not clever because you found out that you saw I used the word of instead of the words and my

this is not a thread about typo's

unless you WILL read thes....yuo wlil nto biat me inot an argmunet, can yio undetstand waht i am saiying.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

"do you remember the constitution? you are not above that. you can not choose who speake there mind. If you would like to talk about it please u2u me"
-This is Lovepens talking to a supermod.

I guess discussing the Consitution is not only a tazerable offense, but also a bannable one. Is this what it has come to?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Simple question. Simple answer. Simple solution.

Are mods above the law? No.

Are members above the law? No.

Its very simple. ATS has Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use.

People break them and the moderators act on that.

If you are unsure why you were warned, ask the moderator that issued the warning for clarification via U2U.

There is a complaint/suggestion link within your member centre.

I know - from looking at the complaints you have issued over the past week or so that you are capable of using it.

My suggestion in this case is that you apply the same standards as you wish others to adhere to, and use the same route as you already have done to make a complaint.

One of the Amigo's or site administrators will, I'm sure, respond to your complaint in due course.

The system is in place. Use it.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Maybe when you agree to conform or if you haven't already...

...not worth it....

please add to the topic.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
[edit on 20-7-2008 by lovepens1]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Lovepens eh? Sorry to say but your attitude is nothing but hateful. Nothing lovely about it. Look, I know what you are saying. I had a warning once. I didn't like it either, but I fixed it up and the mods were respectful and did they job. I took it like a man. it's not about conforming or being assimilated to anyone. I know you probably came here thinking, Anything goes right? well, not exactly. there are rules everywhere. How old are you? I sense you have a problem with people telling you what to do. it's not about control, it's about respect to others and being part of the community and adding to the good of the board. So far, I haven't seen you add anything star worthy to the message boards. The mods already said no one is better than you. it's about the terms of usage and following guidelines. I don't know how else to explain this to you. You talk about a dog and piss so far. I sense anger in you and methinks you should focus your anger into something good. Saying that, If I was a mod, you would have been banned by now. May the force be with you.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Moderators break the law as well, but feel that no one will admit it.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lovepens1

I understand quiet well actually and i did in fact mention supermods in my reply.

As a side note i suppose you could do what i would suspect that a lot of overly warned or banned members have done and just change your i.p., make a new membership and come back and express your dis-content or attempt reform or change in a more subtle manner.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I got the U2U's and the time stamps

I said ok to the mod in question, then they continued and went though long past threads,

How many of you have posted past threads. Not needed. When you say ok, there is no need to kick a dog that's been hit by a car.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
You're already aware of the chain of command:

Mod - SuperMod - Admin - Site Owner

...so perhaps U2U the persons 'superiors' in regards to this matter, instead of creating a nice big drama-bomb...

Thread Closed

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join