It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Mods above the law?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I for one am guilty breaking the t's & c's on occasion. I for one feel that the way in which I express myself is completely misunderstood by some because there is no personality behind my words. I am a person with a completely over the top individual that will not allow BS to register in my head. It is quickly discarded.

Some moderators here have let this whole "policeman" idea gone completely to there heads and just issue tickets and warnings just because they can. Some are borderline on the verge of stalking I feel and will research everything you write.

Some on the contrary offer suggestions to help before they write you a ticket and warn you. That helps members to understand what is tollerated so much more than just thumping there chest like a non educated ape!

I have been awarded points from some moderators acknowledging multiple threads, and some have told me to mind my own business by doing the same by super mods.

who is moderating the super mods? Are they above the law? I don't think so.

I was warned today. That is fine. I didnot make a similar post after that and warned 2 more times by the same moderator after we were in communication acknowledging the first warning.

for example:

Take a look at this thread and look at the second post.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

my response to it

I have not been warned by this Super Mod yet about this, but I sure I will.

Who's the police of the police?

[edit on 20-7-2008 by lovepens1]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
are you saying your wearing 3 big red warning badges because of those posts?

That doesn't seem like it could be true......I do not see any violation of any T & C there.........

Anyway MODS are not above the law. I have seen a moderator banned in my time here on ATS.....I have seen moderators powers taken from them and asked to step down......

the SUPERMODS are tried and true folks......they have earned the place they stand in........but they are NOT above the law.....

[edit on 20-7-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

It's not because of those posts. Click on the red warn and you will see the posts. But, the OP deleted them, so we don't know what happened.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
oh geez..........even the posts left behind are lame enough that if I was a mod you would be wearing a red badge from me.

Learn from your mistakes.....BE MATURE in your posting. Take your punishment like a grown up and don't whine about it like a child.

Post unto others as you would have them post unto you.

nuff said.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Oh

so true.

I got 1 warning today, I said ok, I'll stop. Moderator called me a stalker. I made suggestions to the OP to combine there posts into one. The moderator Kleverone had done that in the past and agreed with me.

Moderator Sauron thanked me today for doing the same thing.

Moderator NGC2736 is awesome. I sent Mark "springer" a U2U how helpfull he was and was thanked by him.

The member that I question the intentions is running a muck in the alien and ufo forum being a 1 month member posting hoaxes and not being shut down. and I a few year member, is about to be banned for pointing it out.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Since when is posting hoaxes

allowed and members pointing it out told to mind their own business

common place?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lovepens1
I for one am guilty breaking the t's & c's on occasion.

So what is your beef? Stop 'occasionally' breaking the T&C's and you will most likely stop 'occasionally' getting warned.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
One thing I would watch for in the future is editing the edits that a mod made. That alone would probably get you banned.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I want many times to open my mouth in replies but keep it closed cause this place to me is worth more then just a simple curse word.Just my 2 cents..sorry to hear about that bro.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
There many times that within a thread that there seems that there is a free for all type forum allowed. I'm not saying it is right. I am not just talking about my warnings, but if it's not allowed by members, why is it allowed by the mods.

I'm sure that I am not the only person here that hasn't experienced it. It's not about my warnings again.

Why do some mods praise you and some warn you for the same action?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Hmmm,

If all of your red tags were similar to this one:

Id have an issue with you NOT getting warned for it.

Dude its pretty simplistic no? theRiverGoddess sumed it up pretty nicely. It seems you had abad day (or two) so man up, deal with it, learn from it, and move on.

Now back to your regulary scheduled conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This is a conspiracy board...and trying to base the threads on factor could be facts.Not a sheer lie.What kind of board would it be if all people came on here and posted hoaxed info?I wouldn't want to come on a board like that.People would be better off reading the back of a cereal box.Which i still do when i eat my cornflakes.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Yes, I agree it's not right what I said. I am not arguing that.

If you need to research my threads, research the op of this.

making a mockery of the forum for which I search for thruth.

Like denying ignorance.

Is the definition of deny ignorance mean to allow people to dump trash in your living room and ignore it.

Or, not allow the people to dump the trash therer altogether?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

I have to agree on this one.

To all:

I think we as members should be able to weed out the bad posts and no substance threads, but we have to do it in a civil matter. We can't just say hoax.

The best way to prove a hoax is to ask hard questions in a polite manner. It might seem to giving, but, in the end you will be respected because you didn't stoop down to THAT level of childishness.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Edit: See post below. It is more to the point. I don't know why I rant when I get sleepy. lol

[edit on 7/20/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by lovepens1

Moderators have T & C as well as their own rules within the "Mod" field, I'm sure.

Whether you were warned correctly, or not, this thread sure leans toward "Mod-bashing" because of what you've had happen, correctly, or incorrectly warned, or not.

Nope, I'm not a Mod, but I sure know they're there to help.

Yes, I've seen some pretty lame hoaxes here on ATS, but I let them go.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
True but it's kind of like telling an alcoholic that that you can drink, but only so much.

It doesn't work.

Some of the moderator are "alcoholics" completely absorbed in the "alcohol"

alcohol meaning power. You can't control it if you are allowed to drink it.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Ah, and here are the threads I was thinking about:

Mods Not Gods.
Moderators Are Not Above The T&C's.

Hope those help.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I sell pens. Custom printed pens. It pays for my life and my children. Therefore I love pens 1, I am the best #1. If you don't consider yourself the best in sales then you fail. Whether true or not, act the part.

Assumptions. Exactly. Taking text out of content and interpet your own meaning therefore prejudice about it.

thanks for pointing it and making assumptions without proof.

ask questions you will get answers and help to make yourself less ignorant

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join