It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Revelations is about Rome, what is the Mark of the Beast?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BreakinThEwaLL

Not time, but phi. 1260 divided with 777 is almost phi, the "golden number" found all over nature and in the universe (a little more than 1.618). It's a fascinating number.

phi multiplied with phi minus 1 equals 1, for instance, and phi squared equals phi plus 1. This number can be seen all over Creation. Your belly button and your elbow is in the golden section of your total height. And sitting on one knee with a straight back shows the same proportion. And much more.

The "exact" phi can be expressed with:
( √ 5 + 1 ) : 2
or more exact, via precise geometry.

You can see the concept of the golden section in my avatar several places.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
As various posters have pointed out ... 666 very may be numerical code for Roman Emperor Nero.

Some believe that John used a gematria which is a code in a sense where numbers represent letters. It turns out that Neron Kesar (Nero Caesar) fits 666 perfectly. You can research this yourself.

Nero persecuted Christians relentlessly, and was feared by many. Some early Christians even believed that Nero was the Anti-Christ. When Nero committed suicide many Christians simply thought he was in hiding and he would return to continue the slaughter.

Anyways ... let's look at the following verses.

Revelation 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Revelation 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Revelation 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

My belief is that the mark of the beast is the roman coin that depicted Nero as emperor. Let it be noted that the coin depicted Nero's head, and was obviously carried by hand, you could not buy goods without the roman currency, and obviously Nero was a man and it is likely that 666 was a code representing his name.

Taking this information into account I believe that we can see a much clearer picture.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurv47
As various posters have pointed out ... 666 very may be numerical code for Roman Emperor Nero.

Some believe that John used a gematria which is a code in a sense where numbers represent letters. It turns out that Neron Kesar (Nero Caesar) fits 666 perfectly. You can research this yourself.

And written in Aramaic it becomes 616, what I believe is the "oringinal" number of the beast. Curiously the Latin perversion of Jesjuah -- Jesus -- adds up to 616 in Hebrew gematria. Rome is the Beast, their trinity sun deity "Jesus" who is not the same person as Jesjuah ha Mesjiach when looking at what they have done with the essence and meaning of the original texts etc., the mark of Rome is the mystical Tau cross and even the Chi Rho "in hoc signo vinces" symbol or any other given idol representing their solar deity falsely taking credit for what our Hebrew rabbuni prophet Jesjuah ha Mesjiach, replacing his name with "Jesus" who is not the same as Jesjuah ha Mesjiach did for us in awakening our love for the God of Love, and seeing how the Mark of God is Passover and Shabath celebrating life and survival, thanksgiving, freedom and worker's rights, contrary to the Catholic death mass Easter, their pagan Christmas and Sunday "Day of lord Caesar" where Caesar was celebrated as the embodiment of Mithras, celebrating feasts for angels and demons, dead human beings and the Pope as the replacement for the Son of God etc. The to me unquestionable truth seems to be that everything Christians believe is sound worship, is infact sacriledge, some kind of godless compromise to secure RCC power to have world domination (soon crumbling Babylon, even according to the Church's own prophecies).

[edit on 15/3/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
do you find it interesting that 1260 is the number of days god uses in revelations also with all those sevens! so do you think this is GODs code of information that he uses for creation??

the whole nero/666 is true, but its symbolic of what the future has in store also...
take usa for example, its clearly the revived roman empire along with the european union...look at the flag of england and the courtyard of the vatican and the obelisk in the u.s better known the washington monument. it is clear god uses different ages to symbolically show what will happen in the next age.

Matthew 24:37
As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

nero set up the beast but was wounded at the fall of the roman empire but later it was revived!

One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast. 4Men worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, "Who is like the beast? Who can make war against
him?"

i dont think the beast is one person but a mentality that has the whole world drunk with its perversions and manipulation...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurv47

Very insightful, yet you fail to distinguish between the verses that speak of a/an antichrist, and THE antichrist in the Torah and New Testament. It says the "spirit of the antichrist is alive and well", and there are "many antichrists". But, when Revelation and Daniel is concerned, they speak of THE antichrist, which is yet to come.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

like i said the anti christ is a mentality that that is not of god...now the anti christ has reached are global counsciousness!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I have wondered if we have mistaken the mark of the beast and rather than three six's - it is not three G's

Guns, God and Gays

How do you stand on these issues was reportedly asked of everyone who joined up with the Bush camp during George W's Presidency.

I remember the criticism when it was found out they screen people based on answers to where do you stand regarding these three issues. GUNS, GOD and GAYS and after hearing them so many times I began to associate the Republican Party with the anti-Christ. GGG

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

You are correct. There is not one but many "anti-Christs" it is suggested.

I take this word in it's literal sense to indicate all those people individuals and religions that deny Jesus Christ was a son of God.

Anti - CHRIST

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Did you know that the Washington Monument is 555 feet tall? And did you know that the word Scar (a healed wound) and Caesar is actually the same word?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BreakinThEwaLL

like i said the anti christ is a mentality that that is not of god...now the anti christ has reached are global counsciousness!
No that's incorrect, the "spirit of the antichrist" is a mentality like you say, a person who is against Christ and someone who denies the relationship between the Father and the Son. "THE antichrist" is a real living, breathing person who is yet to come.

That's why I posted, to clarify this tiny error in your post. I've been a student of Eschatology for over a decade and a half. Now, that's not some sort of "appeal to Authority" argument, just pointing out that you cannot mix the two terms, they are different in the scriptures.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

You are correct. There is not one but many "anti-Christs" it is suggested.

I take this word in it's literal sense to indicate all those people individuals and religions that deny Jesus Christ was a son of God.

Anti - CHRIST
You're almost correct, the Bible states that the "spirit of the antichrist" was present in the world at that time, and many antichrists would come, however, for the purpose of Revelation, it speaks of "THE" antichrist, which in the Greek signifies a specific one. The one who not only has the spirit of the antichrist, but who will be possessed by Satan himself halfway through the Tribulation.

There is an enormous difference in the Greek between "a/an" and "the" antichrist. "THE antichrist" defines a specific one.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

LOL, funny story, but your theory falls to pieces when you realize the book of Revelation was originally written in Greek and not English.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Even if the name is 666 is Nero maybe it would be used again, a lot of prophecy speaks about Rome, Babylon, Persia, Palistine being used again in end time prophecies, it does not mean it is speaking about the past when it is obviously speaking about events to come.

As far as we know maybe Nero gets cloned or something who knows, do not think they are just speaking about the present they are speaking of the endtimes and how fitting it would be if Nero was the name of the beast or connected to the Person as Nero.

Nero is an Italian equivalent of 'black'. It's pronounced 'NEH-roh'. It's the masculine form of an adjective. The feminine equivalent is 'nera', which is pronounced 'NEH-rah'.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Seven heads=seven kings/kingdoms+the Eighth, which is the Beast itself

1=Egypt
2=Assyria
3=Babylon
4=Medo-Persia
5=Greece
6=Rome (who is "now" at the time of John's book being written. Caesar is the same word as Scar, a healed wound)
7=Nazi Germany (will only last for a short while)
8=USA (the Beast itself. Who is like the Beast and who can fight against it?)

False Prophet: The Pope (See below)

Inauguration of Vatican Radio

On the inauguration day of Vatican Radio a large group of reporters and cameramen from Paramount News of the United States was present. They brought equipment of the highest quality to record the event. The cameras, although hand-powered, shot for the first time in the history of cinema exterior footage with live soundtrack. The film footage of the event, which is conserved in the archives of Vatican Radio, is an irreplaceable testimony of the event in the history of the Church and telecommunications.

Source: www.vatican.va...
Straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak....

Edit: PS, a trick of the mind got me confused (had to do with that poor Nelson and his hole in the head), instead of what I wrote, Nazi Germany is the correct successor of the Roman Empire, leaving it's research in the hands of USA, giving them the Nuclear Bomb rockets and turning the world into a police state, sporting their New World Order on the Dollar bill. Hitler would be the little horn of Daniel, ripping up three horns replacing it with himself, as Reich's Kanzler, Führer and head of the German Army.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hi Chrystostomus--

Wow, you’ve covered the Praeterist position quite lucidly (that is, for an ATS member on these normally silly threadlets about the ‘Book of Revelation’, or ‘Mark of the Beast’ discussions)

I’m impressed..and that's saying something !

(For those of you who do not know, ‘Preterists’ believe that the Apocalypse of Yohanon the Levite (‘Book of Revelation’ which is SINGULAR by the way) compiled (as you say from old/used Apocalyptic scraps) during the 1st Failed Jewish War against Rome (c. 66-72 CE) and comes from the Latin words PRAETER –‘already (happened’).

YOU WROTE: The Apocalypse of Yohanon the Levite (aka the 'Book of Revelation',) seems to have been sewn together from various strands of Apocalyptic writings e.g. Isaiah chapters 56-66, Joel, Daniel, Zechariah chapter 4 and chapter 9-12 etc. (in addition to the Plagues of Egypt section of Exodus and the Tamid Hymns-Psalms Sung Daily in the 2nd temple) during the 1st Jewish Revolt against Rome when …Palestine was.. destroyed in AD 70--parts of the book refer to the temple still standing & occupied by gentiles, c. AD 68-69 i.e. before the Romans (‘the Kittim, in the Dead Sea Scrolls) burned it to the ground & took away 2 tonnes of gold & silver coins of the Temple Treasury to Rome. The 4 Emperors of the time that followed (e.. AD 69 = Nero, Otho, Galba, Vespasian etal) were all Inititiates ('mystes') of the Mysteries of Mithras, the Roman version of the Persian Sun & Mediator Treaty god Mitra--this cult was the biggest single competitor to Christianity around the time of the first Failed Jewish Revolt (AD 66-72) and was its main rival for converts until at least 500 AD. Initiates of the Mithraic Mysteries had their right hand branded as well as sometimes their foreheads---and Nero the Emperor was an Initiate of this Mithraic Cult (which was open to males only, and most particularly soldiers and statesmen) & was the Pontifex Maximus (High Priest) of the Official Roman State Religion where the Senate voted him as 'a god' to be worshipped in temples & al sacrifices (earlier Julius Caesar, Augustus Caesar, and Tiberius were all worshipped as divine sons of god, and were all members of the Mithras Cult) ..” UNQUOTE

You’ve left out one detail however (probably because you ran out of letter space and not because you didn’t know this: and by the way, thanks for outlining the Hebrew Gematria for NRVN QSR, it explains why Ephraemi has 616 (older reading) as opposed to the later readings

e.g. (A) Alexandrinus which show 666 instead – both indeed seem to point to Nero as being the ‘original Beast of Revelation’, but of course not the anti-Christ (as you probably know, and you would probably know, the term ANTI CHRISTOS ("antiChrist') does NOT ACTUALLY APPEAR in the so-called Book of Revelation – despite what the Fundies claim (who cannot read Greek apparently !) just lists of Beasts and Whores and Dragons and such):

This detail about the left hand v. the right hand of course is the Hebreew word: Tefillin (Shel-yad) worn by Orthodox Jews ‘on the left hand (Deut 6:8, Deut 9:18, and Exodus 13:9-16 and on the forehead’ which was supposed to be the MARK of the CHOSEN PEOPLE at least according to the Torah :

One COULD almost say the MARK OF THE BEAST (whoever he really was meant to be) is sort of an ANTI-PHYLACTERY/ANTI TEFILLIN wearer who dons the garb of the Anti-Jew ..

I suppose Nero and Galba and Otho and Vitellius (all of them Mithraists, i.e. followers of Mithras, the largest competitor to Messianic Judaiesm during the Revolt who assumed the throne in 69 AD) would all have had their Right arm branded by the Mystery Cult of Mithras –

There are indications that the Whore of Babylon adapts Mystery Language –she wears a sign on her head like an anti-High Priest who wore the (Heb. TZITZ) Golden Headplate with Hebrew words engraved upon it ‘QODESH LeYHWH’ - Exodus 28:36-37 ( ‘set apart, or ‘holy’ to YHWH’)

Cf: Rev 17: ‘Upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY ! BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF WHORES & ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH’
This is the other figure, the female who sexually fornicates with the Beast by (lit.) ‘sexually mounting him’ i.e. on top position:

The Whore of Babylon assumes a dominant sexual role with the Beast – softened in translations to ‘sat upon’ -- (sounds so much nicer in church, don’t you agree with me?)

Interestingly, it is thought that whores/prostitutes ALSO wrote their names on their foreheads, or wore headdresses that bore their names in the form of an inked mark or 'tattoo'.

Also according to the War Scroll e.g. 1QM the High Priest shall lead the priestly warriors out with engraved weapons & words e.g. VENGEANCE OF EL AGAINST THE FOLLOWERS OF BELIAL on banner like objects.

All of this (and your well detailed Gemmatria of NRO QSR, Nero Caesar) underscores all of your well thought-out points ref:the Apoc. Yohanon (whoever he was) composed during & pertaining to the 1st Failed Jewish War against Rome, esp in that crucial year AD 69–

i.e. before the end was in sight, and the 2nd Temple of Herod was ground to powder by the vastly more sophisticated Roman Army – several passages in the Book indicate the war is still on going & that all those Deluded 1st century Messianic Jewish Apocalypticists responsible for the contents of this messy Revelation collection of MSS (which seem upon close inspection, like so many hotchpotch OT ‘prophecies’) still thought they STILL had a chance in overthrowing the Romans.

But look how THAT turned out.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again within three days."

Two days have passed if God shall be correct when he told Adam who lived to become 930 years:

Genesis 2:17 "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die",

This is confirmed in Psalms by the Korah singers and then David:

Psalms 84:10 (11) Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

Psalms 90:4 For a thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

The book of James contains much wisdom.
Live as you understand, and so will I.
Truth is evident.
I relent.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

My post wasn't about multitudes of Antichrists. It was about the beast, the mark of the beast and why I believe that Nero fits the description of the beast and what the mark of the beast really is.

I didn't fail in that respect and I do not think it is necessary to even mention multiple Antichrists. Also as many posters have mentioned above ... there is "The" Antichrist and those that deny Christ which are "Antichrist and also the spirit of Antichrist.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hi Neo

Now let's hear you quote it in 1st Century Koine Greek !! Transliterated of course into American English letters ! Oh, and be Accurate !

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nurv47

My post wasn't about multitudes of Antichrists. It was about the beast, the mark of the beast and why I believe that Nero fits the description of the beast and what the mark of the beast really is.

I didn't fail in that respect and I do not think it is necessary to even mention multiple Antichrists. Also as many posters have mentioned above ... there is "The" Antichrist and those that deny Christ which are "Antichrist and also the spirit of Antichrist.
My bad then, I misunderstood you. I thought you were trying to say that Nero was "the antichrist" that the book of Revelation speaks of. but if you're just simply saying that Nero was one of the many anticrists, then yeah, he was.

I was merely pointing out that "THE" antichrist has not come yet. In fact, there are a few prophecies that need to be fulfilled yet before he can even come to power.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join