It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Revelations is about Rome, what is the Mark of the Beast?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
the beast- corruption of humanity through manipulation and dumbing down of the population(3rd eye) through activities that keep us from knowing are true purpose and keeping us from connecting with eachother! you ever notice how atleast half the population doesnt stop and think what the hell am i doing here but instead they go on with there 9 to 5 and watch there weekly show like a routine and get back up and do it all over...that is the definition of insanity but thats all we can do in this money drivin world that keeps the world in a cycle of poverty and war.there are 4 of these beast/ages each having 6 wings about him..."in the bible' jesus is the only to be born free of the beast and in the gnostic bible jesus tells us god created us and this world but beware of the creator of things that are in this world because they will make u drunk and make u a fornicator. the elites know the truth of the living god and the knowledge but use this knowledge for evil things instead of using it for good which is way more powerful knowledge of evil!
I dont know if u know this but god comes down and seals up his people also in are heads and hands..u might ask why head and hand...the head is meaning god is sealing ur 3rd eye with his seal not this beast mark that has been embedded in are brains for quite sometime ...the hand in gods law and name are meaning a receiving loving nature. the law and name of the beasts is the receiving of economics and mind control over ur third eye...knowing the knowledge of god they know god is about to reveal hisself and is tryin to make the masses think the anti christ is still to come when it is already here...so if ufo's or jesus or whoever shows up that is tryin to help us out will be ridiculed like most people on this sight. im sure they're workin on other manipulations but god wanted this battle to shhow us his true glory and nature!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Fascinating !

The two most down to Earth replies, the ones that made the most sense of all IMO.

They are ignored

Mayby they were missed.

www.abovetopsecret.com... and
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

not a man...it probably says both for dividing beliefs

this is weird but i was lookin up the hebrew alphabet to see if i could find somethin and at the same time i was watchin a video my buddy told me to watch earlier and the guy said exactly what i was trying to see if i could find lol...because of what u said about the pyramid and dna made me think if 666 is number of man maybe i can find somethin in hebrew meaning about pyramids and i found if u take two pyramids it makes a merkaba or star of david...anyway about what the guy said is that the tetragrammaton or yawheh equals dna...you ever heard of gods name being yuhevavhe in hebrew???(which i think also equals 666)

ill give u the link to where the guy talks about the hebrew name of god and dna
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

-- The Name of the beast is Jesus
-- The mark of the beast is the Roman cross, Sunday and Easter worship
-- The number of the Beast is 616, not 666

--> Jesus (the roman perversion of Jesjuah) equals 616 in Hebrew gematria.

--> The Roman cross was like the Swastika to early Christians, and the sign of Tau or Mithras, Sol Invictvs.

--> The roman holy day of the week was Sunday, and their most important hollidays were "Christmas" and "Easter", according to Mithras worshipping customs. His Day was Sunday contrary to Jesjuah who observed the Saturday Shabath, and Easter, contrary to Jesjuah who observed classical Hebrew Passover, together with "Christmas" when Mithras rebirth was observed, and Hebrews are told not to celebrate any other holidays than Passover, Midsummer and Harvest. Compare to how Sunday and Passover worship is called Mark of God in the Penteteuch.

-->> The Romans changed the Apocalypse of John to show 666 instead of 616, since the Latin "Jesus" equals 616 in Hebrew gematria. Jesus is a perversion of Greek Iesous which has a numerical Greek gematria value of 888. The Greek is a perversion of Aramaic Jehosjuah or Jesjuah which has a Hebrew gematria numerical value in the 300's.

-->> The original symbol of Christianity was the Fish. Romans outlawed this and enforced the Chi Rho and the Roman Cross.

-->> The original Christians celebrated Saturday Shabath and Hebrew Passover, while the Romans outlawed this, inforcing Sunday and Easter practise instead.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
thats because the roman jesus is a sun god and the true story of jeshua is not widely taught because most of jeshua's teachings were killed by the roman empire so they could set up their own version at the council of nicea. In revelations it says the anti christ in greek is appolyn which is a sun-god!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BreakinThEwaLL

Yes, the Roman Catholic Jesus may have been based on the stories of the historical Jesjuah, but knowing how Jesjuah was a highly orthodox Torah focused Hebrew prophet, the Catholic Jesus simply doesn't match up as to being the same character. The Jewish rabbuni prophet Jesjuah ha Mesjiach is known for observing the Torah strictly, and opposed the ones who added to and/or complicated the Law by adding restrictions and festivals etc. in the tradition that was later to be known as Talmud. The Roman Jesus however, orders his followers to have feasts for angels and so called saints every damn day of the year, he also force his followers to celebrate his own death, as valid a human sacrifice to God's liking, which in effect will bring eternal life for his followers like some hocus pocus solution when they confess Jesus as the Only Begotten Son of God, where the Torah Law would sease to exist as a bond between God and humanity, instead of celebrating the Passover in memory of the exodus from Egypt.

In Roman Catholicism they call every priest Father, allthough Jesjuah denied us to call anyone Father except our Father in Heaven, in other words, the Catholic Church has put themselves in God's place and even elevated their leader into being the replacement of Jesjuah and/or God the Father. The Catholic Church has changed the Law, even abolishing it, although Jesjuah emphecised the importance of being Torah Law abiding, and that the Law would never "in a million years" lose it's power, and not as much as a jod should be removed or changed until God would return to bring us a New Earth and a New Heaven. Instead the Catholic Church marvels about the miracles their Jesus did, instead of what he taught and said. Jesjuah even said that if you follow the Law to every jod or dot, you should also sell all your belongings and give the money to the poor. The Catholic Jesus on the other hand would change this and instead demand that people should donate land and money to the Church, and buy themselves free from hell through buying tickets on a free ride past all torture in the afterlife, turning the Catholic Church into an extremely wealthy organisation with political and dominating power over most of Europe with vast territorial ownings, they used for all it was worth. Instead of using the money they got to help the poor, they instead waged wars against Palestine's indigenous population "in the name of God" and built multi billion dollar cathedrals, purple and scarlet, gold and preceous stones to make their worldly power seen in a religious perspective as if they were gods and the rest of us, people damned to hell, allowing us to go to Heaven if we only payed them money and donating whatever fortune and land we'd have to the Church in return for a good reputation and the last rite.

And it goes on and on. The conclusion to be made is that Jesus is not the same character as Jesjuah ha Mesjiach. By far.

[edit on 14/3/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

im aware of all the things that the roman catholic church is up to...you must have read my post wrong i said

most of jeshua's teachings were killed by the roman empire so they could set up their own version at the council of nicea.

like gnosticism it was thrown away and labeled heretic...

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Absolutely, we agree.

What did I misread? I thought I backed you up here....

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

No, that is not what happened in that council. Too many people really overestimate the power of such things. There was a very specific and idealized purpose in upturning certain writings and not others. Even now you can obtain the excluded books. They are not a mystery. Nor was it intended to be. Otherwise you would not know about it. This alone shows the silliness in so many peoples' fears.

Yes, I do realize that the scriptures have been "infiltrated" by men and false things inserted. However, if Christ is to be taken as Truth, Truth was known even to Abraham who did not have the scriptures. Faith bridges the seen and the unseen, not the scriptures.

People who are more like animals look in the mirror and forget who they are. The "lack of faith" in the world is due to it's nature, not a subjugation of writings. If you have doubt of this, look at what the US constitution has become. There is no need to erase or manipulate if you can distort at will.

And as such, those without faith will be tossed around with the wind, but the Children of God are called by name. As our spiritual father Abraham was, his spiritual children are also. As our Father in heaven is, Their children are also

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

The question is not which books they may or may not have included in the Bible. It's in the way they somehow managed to create a church alledgely founded on this books, but whose interpretations of these into doctrine and dogma is so faaaar away from what is written there. Jesjuah said: Live by and observe the Torah (Law of Mosjeh/Moses) to it's least detail, and sell everything you own and give the money to the poor, then pick up your cross and follow me. Well that'd be the basics anyway. How does this compare to Catholic doctrine and teaching? Call no man on Earth Father, for you have but one father who is in Heaven and do not repeat your prayers like they do in the East. Compare that to:

"Father, forgive me for I have sinned, it's been a week since my last confession"
"Yes go on, my child"
"I have committed adultary when I was thinking of my landlords whife, and at Saturday I stole five quid from my mother...."
"You are forgiven. Pray 101 Ave Marias and fourty Pater Nostre. Would you like a blessing before you leave?"

If it can't be measured in gold or power, it's not Catholic....

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

There was a jab made towards the Council of Nicea and now you are suggesting that somehow they established the church on false teachings in this way. That is patently a lie. There was already a church, which is why the meeting was called a council. And also, the false doctrines used the the RCC and other sects of Christianity have no basis in the scriptures. Just as your false teaching seeking to establish by one's obtainment, the church does not need to alter the scriptures to incorrectly quote/teach them.

Christ specifically taught controversial and contrary ideas regarding the Law. This was not contrary in truth, but rather only in the humanist interpretation which is common in the false churches then and now. Whether by heeding the church, or the law, a man is lost without understanding.

If a man is wise, he will understand that there is greater than us. Give to Gods who is One with all of your heart, soul, and strength.
And likewise, if a man is wise, he will understand that all are the children of Gods, even if not eternally. Give to your neighbor as yourself.

The Samaritan.
As Gods does, but with respect to our beginning and inabilities, fill up the void that you are able.

The philosophies of obtainment lead to everyone stealing. If everyone steals, no one will have. If everyone provides, everyone will have. A house divided is falling. This place has become a desert to man, propped up by our dreams that fade when we wake. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The Revelation is an 'Index' ordering previous Biblical quotes in a succinct structure,
it draws on Babylonian numerology for the "666" which is accurately 600 60 6,
but this corresponds to the Roman Numerals extant at the writing of YoHaNaN being DC LX VI

The 'Revealing' is not "fulfilled" in the seven hills of Rome but NYC, and not Judaea but JerUSAlem.

The "mark" of authority -being in the right hand and the forehead within Scripture,
is the Sabbath and the Appointed seasons ("Holidays") which are 'thought changed',
but the real 'Revelation' is you can change peoples perspective yet the reality proves True!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU

While 666 being linked to Nero is accurate, to say that it does not also link to a modern empire or future cycle would be ignorant.

What is incorrect in your post is not that Elijah Reborn was referring to a future empire, but rather, that somehow anyone is able to exact a specific city or country of such a declaration. This is something that is both more and less obvious than you are making it to be. Yes, the US is the current Empire, but there will be more. Your specificity is unwarranted and dangerous.

The beast that is currently rising is far more wise than the last and has risen further into the Shepherds' land than any other. More so, this is not the first time since Christ's time that a beast has risen to fall. The cycle of Empire is common and is part of mankind's general progress. As the earth and moon move.

The beast is great, but do not be dismayed, the higher the tower, the harder the fall, and in no way worrisome do the Shepherds' Sons fall with the thieves.

How do you love your understanding (noun and verb)? How do you love Understanding (noun and adjective). Understanding/Truth/Order/Charity is alive.

All things in this world are as idols, even each man and his will, but Truth is everlasting.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
my bad neo christian i actually mistook a thing u said wrong...

you guys talk about truth and understanding is absolute to know god but you forget that through the propaganda of fear and a false sense of being one most people are led astray. we do not even know the depths of satan so how can we know the depths of god. the depth of god is what revelation is trying to explain but it is mostly symbolic because its the only way a human can explain God in time... a human who knows only things that can be learned through time when GOD is timeless.

6And swear by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

7But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

The mystery of GOD is finished because there is time no more! this makes me think that time is a seperation from God...so i can see how the time/holidays/seasons can be contributed with the mark of the beast

As for the whole council of nicea i believe both teaching of jesus and jeshua to be true but two seperate Gods...The strory of jesus to be a representation of past pagan sun deities to satisfy the pagans of rome and the middle east and its also symbolic of human consciousness and its journey through time...jeshua is the actual being who transcends time and teaches that anything in this world besides truth and knowledge is of the beast and the things we do is giving fuel to the beast...the trick is to find out what the beast knows and use it against the beast. the beast started with knowing the knowledge of good and evil but knowledge is neither good nor evil its how you use it if its good or evil. take a kid for example when they first know how to write they have the knowledge of how to write but they can use writing for good or for evil!

so dasher we do agree in some ways...your little quote is true beacuse thats how time works everything is made with duality...if everyone is evil and no ones good then we couldnt exist but if everyone is good and no ones evil then we would see that that evil does not exist and the 2 words would just be known as two concepts that weighed against eachother balancing eachother out on a scale known as time...this being done we would truely transcend time and time would cease to exist because this would be good conquering evil making the duality of time cease to exist!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I looked up the word [mark] by itself and found this curious and I would not have seen otherwise.

[The Holy Bible: King James Version. 2000.
The Book of Job

Bildad Describes the Fate of the Wicked
1 Then answered Bildad the Shuhite, and said,
2 How long will it be ere ye make an end of words?

Mark, and afterward we will speak.
3 Wherefore are we counted as beasts,

and reputed vile in your sight?
4 He teareth himself in his anger:

shall the earth be forsaken for thee?
And shall the rock be removed out of his place?
5 Yea, the light of the wicked shall be put out,

and the spark of his fire shall not shine.
6 The light shall be dark in his tabernacle,

and his candle shall be put out with him.
7 The steps of his strength shall be straitened,

and his own counsel shall cast him down.
8 For he is cast into a net by his own feet,

and he walketh upon a snare.
9 The gin shall take him by the heel,

and the robber shall prevail against him.
10 The snare is laid for him in the ground,

and a trap for him in the way.
11 Terrors shall make him afraid on every side,

and shall drive him to his feet.
12 His strength shall be hunger-bitten,

and destruction shall be ready at his side.
13 It shall devour the strength of his skin:

even the firstborn of death shall devour his strength.
14 His confidence shall be rooted out of his tabernacle,

and it shall bring him to the king of terrors.
15 It shall dwell in his tabernacle, because it is none of his:

brimstone shall be scattered upon his habitation.
16 His roots shall be dried up beneath,

and above shall his branch be cut off.
17 His remembrance shall perish from the earth,

and he shall have no name in the street.
18 He shall be driven from light into darkness,

and chased out of the world.
19 He shall neither have son nor nephew among his people,

nor any remaining in his dwellings.
20 They that come after him shall be astonished at his day,

as they that went before were affrighted.
21 Surely such are the dwellings of the wicked,

and this is the place of him that knoweth not God.]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

The Bible quote above was taken from is this online Bible as was the following 8 references to mark of the beast www.bartleby.com...

Search Results for “mark of the beast”

1) Revelation 13. The Holy Bible: King James Version.
...or in their foreheads: 17 and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18 Here is wisdom. Let...

2) Revelation 16. The Holy Bible: King James Version.
...upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore Ex. 9.10 upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image. 3 � And...

3) Job 39. The Holy Bible: King James Version.
...regardeth he the crying of the driver. 8 The range of the mountains is his pasture, and he searcheth after every green thing. 9 Will the unicorn be willing to serve...

4) Revelation 15. The Holy Bible: King James Version.
...of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on...

5) Revelation 20. The Holy Bible: King James Version.
...of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands;...

6) Revelation 19. The Holy Bible: King James Version.
...prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. Rev. 13.1-18 These...

7) Revelation 14. The Holy Bible: King James Version.
...third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 10 the same...

8) Ezekiel 44. The Holy Bible: King James Version.
...17 And it shall come to pass, that when they enter in at the gates of the inner court, they shall be clothed with linen garments; and no wool shall come upon them,...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
neo christian what does your signature stand for does it have to do with time...i found it fascinating that 777 matched up with 1260

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
Hi Everyone, I have been thinking lately about the people who say that Revelations actualy described the fall of Rome, or sometimes just the Temple being destroyed. However, I have not heard them explain the relevence of the 'Mark of the Beast' verse.

I would like to know if anyone can explain that specificallyin that context, since the mark as a microchip is usually the number one thing that Christians point to as proof that we're in the end time.

I am neither trying to disprove any theories nor validate Christianity, I'm just looking to fill in a hole in my understanding. I'm just asking politely for an answer! Thank you in advance!

You can't understand Revelation without understanding the following.

John was imprisoned on Patmos when he wrote Revelation...
...and he wanted to get a letter of encouragement to the churches in Asia Minor...
...in a form that would be unintelligible to the island guards.

What John did was to write it in a specific literary format...
...that was essentially a compilation of 600+ references from the Old Testament manuscripts....
...outlining the triumph of Jesus and how this would unfold in future circumstances.

Based on this asumption the 666/Mark of the Beast motif will be found in the Old Testament somewhere.

The symbol is found in Daniel chapter 2 and 3.

Nebuchadnezzar has a dream of the image of a metal man that outlines the succession of Gentile kingdoms that would extend from his Babylon until the end of the world...
...the head was Gold and represented Babylon...
...the chest and arms were silver and represented Medo/Persian empire...
...Bronze = Greece, Iron = Rome followed by a conglomerate of iron and clay...
...which are an apt illustration of the current modern power arrangements.

But Nebuchadnezzar is not too cool about being succeeded...
...so he has a metal image contructed entirely of Gold...
...in defiance of the dream, which was saying in effect that Babylon will never be succeeded.

Here it is...

Daniel 3:1-11 Nebuchadnezzar the king made an image of gold, whose height was threescore cubits, and the breadth thereof six cubits: he set it up in the plain of Dura, in the province of Babylon. 2 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king sent to gather together the princes, the governors, and the captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellors, the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, to come to the dedication of the image which Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up. 3 Then the princes, the governors, and captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellors, the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, were gathered together unto the dedication of the image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up; and they stood before the image that Nebuchadnezzar had set up. 4 Then an herald cried aloud, To you it is commanded, O people, nations, and languages, 5 That at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king hath set up: 6 And whoso falleth not down and worshippeth shall the same hour be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace."

6 cubits wide
60 cubits high (three score 3x20)
6 musical instruments play and everyone must worship the image.

What the Mark of the Beast is then in principle in Revelation...
...is a reference to a power/person who like Nebuchadnezzar defies prophecy and the will of God...
...to focus on a single world power and himself...
...and establish his rule by threat of death to anyone who opposes it.

The 'head or hand' refers to mental ascent or physical action...
...so those who receive the Mark will show support to the Beast in thought and action.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
These are two current 'Marks' of the Beast => $ €
(the USDollar and the Euro)
we could add any other monetary units designation or Mark to the list.

the whore that sittith atop the beast... is the world's money changers and financial guild who have manipulated governments and religions ever since the first civilizations/cities arose... they also steal everyone's life blood & breath of life with taxes and the usury they charge for being the keepers and creators of money you willingly accept and use every day.

the great delusion is that the beast, whore, AC,
are the Vatican, the Pope, and a Jewish false messiah

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

FGS, what kind of spectacles are you wearing? When did I ever mention Nicea? But yes, since you bring it up, the RCC have a tendency of forging scriptures and documents to support their goldess doctrines and worldly interests cammoflaged by some next-to-God holiness noone could deny and still live back in the days. Look up "the Donation of Constantine" and "Comma Johanneum" for starters, the latter one even included in many bibles still today, evethough it's proven forgery, to give scripual foundation for their false Trinity doctrine. And there is more. Loads of stuff actually. Why would they need four often conflicting gospels unless they needed an answer for everything despite the fact that these four narratives contradict eachother in a bunch of places, and if that wasn't enough they also added to the Tanakh a bunch of letters by the Pharicee and highly contradictive and obviously deceiving and self proclaimed apostle Saul Paulus, who abolished circumcision and many other things needed in order to enter synagogues or getting into in the Jewish political and religious arenas. And the list goes on and on. The RCC changed times and laws and have time and time over spoken against the Most High and everything holy. The RCC has just about systematically broken every command the Good Lord has ever issued.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join