It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Revelations is about Rome, what is the Mark of the Beast?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

The Gospel of John was stolen from the Essenes and edited and added things to make Jesus seem divine.
Sylvia Brown is an interesting author and she has some good ideas that some biblical scholars have picked up on. This is not one of them.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by jmdewey60]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Revelation 13:17

666 is "the number of a man". So, first we have to find the man to whom this number is associated.

Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred and threescore and six talents of gold;

2 Chronicles 9:13

The man this number refers to is Solomon. 666 talents of gold was an exorbitant amount of money. Solomon was beyond vulgar weath! His 'wisdom' was actually the calculating shrewdness of an opportunist. The lesson to really be learned here is how he made his money! It was a Kingdom financed by peace and not through war. Very unusual and we will get back to that eventually.

Another aspect of 666 is the mathematical uniqueness of the triangle formulation. These graphics should explain:

www.whatabeginning.com...

The pyramid logo is used like the DNA signature of those who are entwined in this scheme. It is an identifier. It is one of many symbols we can use to identify the trinity which consists of Politics, Religion, and Commerce. They are all interwoven into this deceit.

In the future, having the mark of '666' will mean being identified withand participating in a revamped capitalist system. As long as the trinity of politics, religion, and commerce are dominating the world, anyone who participates in the lie will be marked as such.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

You are the first person outside of myself that has mentioned the system is the mark of the beast. I agree. I can see no greater deception than what is occurring on this planet in regard to the status quo system.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
]Don't listen to that nonsense, never in human history has a man came to power, ruled the world, and made all men and women on Earth to receive his mark or the could not buy or sell.
The antichrist is coming, it's called "End Times" prophecy for a reason.

With regard to the idea that all end times prophecies also applied to Rome, I have to agree with you. Those who believe the references all pertain to Rome, believe the infamous "666" was Nero. However, I have never read any info re Nero requring others to receive the mark on the head or right hand in order to participate in commerce as stated in Revelation. If there is a contrary opinon out there, I would certainly like to hear/read it.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinktip
According to David Wilcock, the Mark is the shutting down of the Pineal Gland in the brain. It is believed that the Pineal gland is a function of the third eye.
The pineal gland is named after "pine"al, because it resembles a pine cone. If you look at "idols" in the Vatican, The pontiffs staff has a pine cone on top of it, also there is a giant pine cone in one of the Vaticans court yards .........

So, to clarify, Mr. Wilcock's theory is that the mark of the beast (to be "worn" on the forehead or right hand accord to Revelation) is the pineal gland??

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

With apolgies and thanks for your great post, I want to clarify for some posters:
(1) The "666" reference.
"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred threescore and six.
Revelation 13:18
(2) The "mark of the beast" to which the OP is referring:
"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads. And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name."Revelation 13:16-17

Some people believe that these verses in Revelation referred to ancient ROME. Other people say no, it refers to the future. Still others believe it referred both to Rome AND the future. The folks who think it pertained to Rome, say Nero was the beast, the 666-er.
The OP, I believe, is asking how/if the "mark of the beast" (as cited above) also potentially could have referred to Rome.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The antichrist in christ's day may have been Nero. Today's antichrist may well have been George W. Bush. All his numbers come up 6. His mother may be the daughter of Alister Crowley. His grandfather Prescott made the family fortune from his support and partnership with ADOLF HITLER. He wanted to overthrow FDR. He got Richard Nixion into politics. His father was involved with JFK'S murder. The Bush family make the Manson family look like the Brady Bunch.

cannonfire.blogspot.com...

sacredearth.org...

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
to answer your question shortly :
the very same silver cross on your neck.

thats a guess.

people say its rfid chipos and stuff but why would god (if he exists) would punish us for just complying with the system?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
in my opinion the mark of the beast is the veil over the 3rd eye and money manipulating man!

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
aaahh yes, the weekly mark of the beast thread.

You would think the search function is broken !

anyway, 666 IS the name of a man, ... that man is emporer Nero.

Case Closed !!

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
not just the man but what his empire's legacy left on this earth out of ancient rome (templars)came banking and propaganda for nationalism then a mix of ancient wisdom and the art of manipulation to create a religion for a one world empire but it failed like always!

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Who knows? See that's the thing about prophecy, it could be anything, any kind of mark related to buying and selling and there are plenty. Logos, UPC, holograms and microchips embedded into credit cards, RFID embedded into people, etc. Prophecy is often open to interpretation like that because it isn't specific or direct. Prophecy also has the disadvantage of being self-fulfilling, in other words someone might create a system and base it on the mark of the beast or set up world events to be similar to end times in order to sway the masses. People often get ideas from fiction or myth and use them in the real world, there is nothing new under the sun.

I'd relax if I were you, prophecy isn't exactly foolproof, in fact its almost exclusively BS.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The Beast is Empire figuratively and literally manifested.

The Mark of the Beast is the expression of loyalty to Empire through pride or chaos. This can also be said; "... through selfishness and ignorance."

Consider the "marks" which make a person Christ-like. Not regarding any doctrine, or religion, or denomination, or sect, but specifically, that which moves beyond those things to bring into common likeness the brethren of Christ.

The character and expressions opposite of the brethren's multiplied equal Empire. Anything which is against provision of God by God and the reflection of such things to one's neighbor is anti-christ.

To understand the fruit of Empire, and it's cycle, please refer to the story of the city and it's tower.

To understand the fruit of the Children of God, please refer to whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable; if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, this is the fruit of God and, likewise, should be the fruit of anti-Empire.

Life comes from division and multiplying.
Death comes from adding and subtracting.
This is the death warrant of the Empire and will be so until the end of the earth and the last Empire. Empires are not eternal, but Life is, and it expresses such through self-sacrifice.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by reassor

This is partly true. Icons are a form of idolatry. More so, the apparent church has, for a long time, been hijacked, and specifically so by the Roman Empire. This is why it has stood as it has until now, even despite branching off into different denominations. As long as the church and empire are married, the church will be sick and fall along side the tower.

If people were to express the character of God who is OrderCharity rather than the character of anti-christ who is Pride and Chaos, then a kingdom might stand in this world to the end of the sun (for no kingdom of this realm is eternal). But as it is, Empires only last until Pride is equaled by Chaos, at which time the collapse occurs. This cycle has continued since the spiritual awakening/ fall of man, and will continue until the new realm is "ready."

All of the aching within the goodly people of this world, all of the death without the lowly people of this world, are the birth pangs of a womb read to bear eternal children. There is no symbol for this. However, all things can be found to be, in some way or another, an image of it.

Edit to add:
The strength in the images of the unseen is in the understanding and expression thereof.
The children of darkness fear what they cannot see and their lives pour out death as does fear makes a man sweat.

[edit on 3/6/2010 by Dasher]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

aaahh yes, the weekly mark of the beast thread.

You would think the search function is broken !

anyway, 666 IS the name of a man, ... that man is emporer Nero.

Case Closed !!

www.belowtopsecret.com...

well thank you for that, you must be 100% correct because you gave a link.

Could I please have this weeks lottery numbers as well?

just because some believe they have come to the final answer does not mean they are 100% correct, just like all prophecy, you can make any prophecy come true by looking backwards and fitting it with what appears to look right.
maybe, just maybe the link you gave may be 100% wrong, ever think of that?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by reassor

Because "complying with the system" is probably going to mean selling out to satan - i.e. agreeing to worship the antichrist, accepting the "mark" so that you can buy and sell (eat and survive).

We need to remember that the "world" is of satan - the Bible stresses to us that we are to use wisdom to discern - i.e. don't fall in with the majority of people that will be saying "What's wrong with following the system?".

According to the Bible, it is going to come down to we either accept the mark, and antichrist, or we won't be able to buy food or other necessities. But God promises to protect His followers, as long as we do not give in to satan.

The Bible has been around a very long time - imagine the people in the Biblical days reading the part about the "mark" - I'm sure they had no clue as to what that meant -

And today, we read the part about the "mark" and think "Aww the RFID chip, that would be too easy for it to be that".

I have no idea what the "mark" will be, but I am leaning towards the RFID chip - only because it fits in with the other details the Bible mentions - about how if you don't accept the "mark" you won't be able to buy/sell which would mean not being able to buy gas, food, doctor care, etc.

But since sometimes the Bible words things in parables, the part about the mark being in the "forehead" or "right hand" could also mean the "forehead" could be the "mind" - and/or the "right hand" could mean "work" or deeds.

To bottom line it, I would say to read the Bible, continuously, and pray that God will open your eyes to His will for you/us.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

I'd relax if I were you, prophecy isn't exactly foolproof, in fact its almost exclusively BS.

Maybe you've missed all the fulfilled prophecies already on the books ?

The only thing that I could rack up to being totally "bs" is the people that continue to claim that prophecy is bs.

All of the prophecies, thus far, have 100% completion, and validity. The unfulfilled ones will be fulfilled as the end days progress.

You can take that to the bank.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Have you ever been building something...maybe a shed, and you need a piece or scrap of wood to adjust the height, or hold a beam in place until it is secured? You look, not knowing exactly what you are looking for...then, aha... there it is.

That's how the Mark of the Beast will be... not sure exactly what it is, but we will recognize it when we see it. It WILL be a mark by CHOICE. You will have to decide will you follow God, the Bible, Jesus, or will you follow the world. The decision will have consequences either way.

There is/are 2 beasts..the False Messiah and the False Prophet , both of the the Beast Government. The Harlot( Organized Church) rides the Beast Government... they support/enforce each other... with the backing of Satan.

I do caution all of us, believer or not, to not be too clever or think this through too hard. Jesus, if you believe, said to come to Him and read His word with a "child-like"faith. Many of the things that are to happen, are happening... will be more often than not, literal... more so than we could ever imagine.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Nobody knows exactly what the mark will be. However, we do know that society will require that you have it in order to buy/sell under the new 'rules'. This is why it will be extremely difficult for most not to take it, since it will make life extremely difficult without it for the time being. It will be done with the justification that this is for our safety and true peace and security.

So when cash is done away with, which doesn't look like it will take much longer, look out for the mark of the beast.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The mark of the beast could easily just refer to the currency of Rome. If 666 or 616 does refer to Nero then all currency would have his likeness printed on it. Therefore, if you did not have currency with Nero on it you would not be able to trade.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join