It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Has Ratified Treaty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

UK Has Ratified Treaty

news.bbc.co.uk

The UK has officially ratified the European Union's Lisbon Treaty.

The documents were deposited with the Italian foreign affairs ministry in Rome on Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This was kept quiet! I appreciate that news must be posted within 48 hours, but given this was passed so quietly, I've only just discovered it!

If there is another thread I've missed here about it, please close this one.

If they feel they have to pass it quietly as they did (it didn't even make the national news as far as I'm aware), then there is something very wrong with it indeed.

For something that is supposed to be so great, they're doing it very quietly, which suggests they have other motives for doing this that AREN'T in the interests of the country.

I've previously posted links to the full text of the Lisbon Treaty. You can also find it by Googling for it.

Again, the fact they're so quiet about it suggests it isn't such a good thing. Just what have they signed away that we're not aware of yet??
I'm still reading it.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT: Typo.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I argee, the sneaky way this has been done is a worry. My personal view is the UK will never have another general election and by 2010 the EU will be in full force, I realy hope I am wrong tho..

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The sneaky way they pass laws reminds me of Massachusetts politicians. I hope this is not a growing trend.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
Look at this mini Hitler, he needs to be taken out.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I feel for you guys over there in Europe. These criminals already have full control, and even when opposition arises on the national stage, that opposition is quickly silenced, and they get the approval they needed anyway.

Its just sickening. Its a democracy, but only if you vote their way.

Keep yourselves informed. Inform your friends and family. Although it appears they have full control, they don't inform all of us for a reason. Our knowledge of what they are doing does not help them. So keeping yourselves and others informed certainly cannot hurt.

Beware the sympathizers. They'll be coming soon to regurgitate the sugar coated main points of the treaty to justify its passing. But they'll fail, and will largely ignore their obligation to explain why the secrecy and why the urgency to get this passed.

If it is of good intention and manner, there is no need for secrecy, and it will withstand the public scrutiny. However, if it is not, then keeping the small print hidden from public view becomes necessary to them.

[edit on 7/20/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by beefeater

I wouldnt worry to much about that, Brown is on borrowed time now, A lot of his own backbenchers want rid of him and the Government is becoming a force that is ineffective in passing bills ....... Just less than 2 years to go of this lot.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I wonder if the law know of this?

news.bbc.co.uk...

Stuart Wheeler took the case to court about Labour not giving us a referendum after promising us one in their Manifesto.

I know the judge slapped down the goverment a few weeks ago for talking of ratifying this treaty while this case was still in the courts

So I take it Mr wheeler lost his case?

Cant wait for this unelected PM to be thrown out!Makes me LOL when he talks about Robert Mugabe stealing the election when we havnt even elected Brown as our PM!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
this makes me so mad my country is supposed to be the leading light in democracy and here we have them stumping on us (( the voters )) again....they know the British people hate Europe yet they bend over forwards to take anything Europe wants in the back door.......

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

This is already being discussed here.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
All I can say is...

ALL HAIL DEMOCRACY

These lying, two faced, arrogant, fascist, elitist b******s are going to get a shock if they keep this up.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
This is already being discussed here.

This thread was made before that one...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
[edit on 21-7-2008 by Southbound]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I heard David Milliband say the other day on TV that if the Irish rejected the ratified treaty then it will be scrapped. But by the looks of the way they keep trying to sly it through they just wont let this one go. What does this treaty even entail?

top topics

join