It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: 1 percent of population have violence gene.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I went to check out CNN.com and stumbled upon one of the front page links to a video claiming a study has found 3 genes, that supposedly 1 percent of the population have, violence or bad behavior genes. This is the most idiotic bull... I have heard in a while!

In the video Sanjay Gupta, CNN's payroll Dr. gives you all the details of this bullcrap story. I am so appalled by how easily they can weed this BS in our heads.

3 Bad Behavior Genes. Possible triggers.

- stress
- family problems
- low popularity
- failing school

Source: Gang Guo, American Sociological Review

What utter BS! Anybody in their right mind would understand that on a spiritual level, these things can frustrate anybody. Dr. Gupta also mentions that hopefully the discovery of these genes can lead to medicinal treatment of these issues.

Wikipedia mentions a few controversial issues involving him trying to dissprove Michae Moore's SiCKo whilst using wrong information, then apologizing saying it was a teleprompter error.
-
Mod Edit: Title Edit

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

Please Review the Terms and Conditions of Membership

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Pocky]

[edit on 19-7-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Your title violate the ATS Terms and conditions.... I do not know how to edit thread titles but I do know if you don't the mods will delete this thread in ten minutes or less.... or your pizzas' free.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
You've managed to call the story BS about 10 times in your OP but you haven't really said why it's BS. Can you explain to me why this is so unthinkable?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I noticed a few errors and edited them out before you got the chance to tell me. But thanks anyway.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

I intended for you to go see the video at CNN.com. It is on the front column of top news stories. I'm just angered by it, hence the repetitive cussing. I will re-edit in a bit.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Yes they came up with the gene that makes you fat a while back, so a paper in the UK came up with a story about how thin and healthy Tunisians are..Come on every one knows that if you exercise and eat properly you loose weight and stay trim. But this is just an excuse to dish out pills and make money. I mean the gene that makes you obese, like obese people don't eat too much or exercise too little...Western science has gone down the pan, they have lost track of what is needed, they just think about easy ways to make money and use the media to force you, like the pills that they give kids in America. My brother had problems when he was a kid which could have been called ADD, but he has done great since and my mother is so happy that pills for these things didn't exist back then cause of the side effects. He is the calmest nicest person you could meet now, his life is just fine under all aspects. So no need for pills there but in the US I believe parents have no choice (correct me if I am wrong).
This is why I want to make sure I raise my kids in a country that does not go down the frankestein route, I don't trust Western science anymore and I can see how they want to make us all pop pills for whatever reason. Just look at the rubbish they put in foods. If there are two ways of curing someone Western science chooses the most profitable not the most effective and that isn't even science anymore!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Yea, something that surprised me was Stewart Swerdlow on CoasttoCoast telling George Nory that there was a lake or pond in London , they had found Ritalin in it, then this year I heard that prescription drugs were in our water system. Unbelievable. How is it possible to weed out the feces and urine of humans yet not be able to do it with pharmaceutical drugs. I mean, if the atomic structure of a drug cannot be destroyed and dilluted in water, that is just unbelievable.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Good genes. Bad genes.

Grid computing research has paired CS students with genomics researchers in the past few years. They're just trying to justify the funding, and they have to make little discoveries along the way. In a little while, they will retract the hasty conclusions and present something more baffling, such as the fact that "bad" genes, when working alongside other genes, are actually beneficial. The key here is to maintain sanity between these AMAZING DISCOVERIES so that people aren't hurt by them. The researchers don't mean any harm, but when you pair computer scientists with genome researchers, you're going to get an unbalanced perspective that is heavily predisposed towards reductive models.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Good job. Nice new avatar... Forgive if I do not click it right away though... I do not believe in gay genes, ADD genes, or violence genes, based on what I know all about the APA and how the vote diseases into existence then manipulate doctors that TRULY understand physiology into faking case studies to favor the results they want to be found...

I will try to remember to give a click though..

Forgive me. I am two beers to the wind ATM.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Yea, I've always felt, in my heart, that these people are more for profit than the well being of humans. They just have that excuse to their advantage, that it is about helping others. I am sure some genuinely care to help those in suffering, but that doesn't mean that money isn't their strongest objective, at least the execs in the company, they knew it is really business and they need people to need it and want for them to thrive.

Thanks for helping me out with the avatar, whomever that was.

George Nory used to be a tad skeptical about the whole pharmaceutical drugs being sinister, but I feel like that changed recently. He said, before he never would have thought that iit was bad, but now he has a totally different perspective about it. I believe the whole pharmaceuticals in our water system, and male fish with hyprid and feminine sexual organs, made him realize something is up.

new topics

top topics

join