It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jade Dragon Tattoo Parlor Sued Again Over Misspelling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Jade Dragon Tattoo Parlor Sued Again Over Misspelling

www.chicagotribune.com

A Chicago man with a misspelled "tomorrow" tattoo on his forearm filed a negligence suit Friday in Cook County Circuit Court against Jade Dragon Tattoo and Body Piercing, 5331 W. Belmont Ave.

The suit, seeking more than $30,000 in damages, marks the second time in the last 17 months the parlor has faced litigation by customers alleging tattoos had misspelled words. Last year, a customer said he left with the word "CHI-TONW" instead of "CHI-TOWN."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Sestias]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
So one tattoo artist couldn't spell and the other was dyslexic. "You see, boys and girls, the importance of paying attention in English class."

I guess that's what you can expect for $250.00.

www.chicagotribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
My friend was getting a tattoo and they drew New York City on his back instead of Atlanta.. Luckily he was from New York and they gave him a full refund.. Back on subject.. I think you should have High School Diploma and finished at least technical college before working at a tattoo parlor..

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I'm trying to figure out why the man waited so long to file a lawsuit. It says he got the tatoo in 2006, but he waited until the middle of 2008 to file suit ? It kind of seems plausible to me the reason given by the tatoo artist, he said he copied it exactly as the customer had it written on a piece of paper, maybe it was the customer that had the spelling problem.

Jade is a really good tatoo parlor, people come from all over to get their tats there. I know a lot of people that got their tats from Jade and they do really good work. Not to say that a mistake couldn't have been made, just sayin that all the ones that i've seen are really good.

CX

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
A lad in our unit years ago got a tattoo when he went to the gulf the first time round, he wanted "Desert Rats" on his arm, but ended up with "Dessert Rats".

Looked like he was a member of some special unit that infiltrated puddings.

A nightmare though for the person having the tattoo.

CX.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thuggin
I think you should have High School Diploma and finished at least technical college before working at a tattoo parlor..

That's not even a guarantee that you can spell. There should be a spelling test as well. But does tattooing pay well enough to justify the cost of technical college?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well, my only experience with tattoos was when I got my one and only tattoo several years back. Before actually tattooing my body, he drew up a picture, and when I accepted that picture, he then did a stencil to mark the placement on my ankle. That gave me not one, but two opportunities to notice any mistakes or make corrections.

Did the customers not notice the mistakes then? Or maybe they couldn't spell either and it took them so long to sue because someone finally pointed out the mistake to them...

Michelle

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Oh well, at least they didn't do a tattoo that says "Hell's Angles".

Maybe, if you're going to get a tattoo with words, you could like, have the words written down on a piece of paper, after looking them up in a dictionary? Maybe tattoo parlours should look at investing in a dictionary?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I don't understand why they aren't drawing the outline on first, then getting the customer to approve it. They need to start getting it signed off on ahead of time.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

My friend has a tattoo on his forearm, its in Chinese, its the name of his ex-girlfriend.

The weekend before his wedding he was out shopping with his fiance, they came to the DVD man he, (the DVD man) being chinese had noticed that on my friends arm it said "Jade"
Automaticly he looked at my friends fiance and said "Awww he love you Jade, he write it on arm" or words to that effect.

With that my friends fiance went ballaistic screaming " You £$^&% told me that said "Good Luck" not that bitch jade"

lol

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I can't help but laugh at this. The guy would have had so many opportunities to notice that it was spelt incorrectly!

What an idiot.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I have a friend that wanted the words "NO REGRETS"...But when the tat was done, it said "NO REGERTS"...He has no problem with it...just took it in stride and said that the tattoo reminded him to have no regrets, even for the misspelling, it reminds that nothing is perfect...LOL...

No, it wasn't done at Jade, but seems kind of silly to sue for it, I mean, why not just get it tattooed over...some of the cover up work out there is fantastic and he may like the cover up better than the original.

~holly

top topics

join