It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Tenet Warns of al Qaeda Spectacular Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Adding additional concern to recent "Black Death" attack plan revelations from Osama, CIA Director George J. Tenet warned Congress on Tuesday, that the threat of al Qaeda terrorists acquiring weapons of mass destruction is growing and the group continues planning "spectacular attacks" against the United States and its allies.

www.washtimes.com
"Over the last year, we've ... seen an increase in the threat of more sophisticated chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear capability," he said. "For this reason, we take very seriously the threat of a [chemical, biological or nuclear] attack."

Mr. Tenet noted that captured al Qaeda members have said the United States remains the group's "main enemy," and al Qaeda's effort to produce deadly anthrax bacteria is "one of the most immediate" terrorist threats.

They warn us often about spectacular attacks. I hope nothing real bad happens. Time will tell.

Editors Note: Given the recent ATSNN news, Al-Qaeda Ready to Attack U.S., this story from Wednesday has been upgraded due to the timing of Tenant's warning, two days before the Al-Qaeda "Black Death" plans have been revealed.

[Edited on 14-3-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
this from the 'leader' of the organization that said iraq has 'weapons of mass destruction' and 'let' 911 happen. and why should we believe him....because we have to????????

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
this is the start of it.

President Bush will use "finding WMD's" to get re-elected.

Now this statement comes out that the threat is still there, we'll go on a massive hunt and by golly, there they'll be. WMD's .

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So we are to believe to same government that lies to serve it's own ends? Sorry, don't buy it.

Mr. Tenet. You can take your "warnings" and sit n' rotate. You can do the same with your color-coded terrorism meter....

I bet we will start hearing more "warnings" like this closer to election time...

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
meh... i don't buy into the terror alerts anymore. it's become a boy who cries wolf type thing now.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I hear that wolf crying as well. It is really hard to believe if these warnings are credible at all. The public is never let into the details of these threats. It is for our safety but im sure the Government loves these warnings. What I found really stupid was this. The FBI, a few days ago told people to beware of pen guns. Not because they have reason to believe the enemy intends on using them but that they could use them. No need for us to hear this. Another silly headline: US to begin searching for Bin Laden 24/7. We "should" be looking for him 24/7 since 9/11.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Tenet should be next.

TPL

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The Spain attacks, are probably not going tobe the last this year.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Who in their right minds would pay attention to our "intelligence" services now? When you cry wolf and get caught doing so, nobody will pay attention to you again.

I take that back. These days people are so stupid they actually don't understand they're being lied to.

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I hope they know, if they nuke us, were nukin the whole middle east.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
My view is this is a smoke screen designed to draw attention from the allegations of human rights abuses emerging since the release of 5 British Guantanimo prisoners.

If you read it there is nothing new.So why the announcement?

Judging from most replies I'm not alone in being suspicious of this new Pentagon fear initiative.

Let's not get distracted by the smoke even if the real top story(other than Madrid) does make uncomfortable reading.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Hopefully they arent that stupid after such a wreckless sloppy Hegelian operation like 911,,,full of holes.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
if there is another 'terrorist' attack on american soil and it is a bad one...bush could declare a National Emergency and enact any number of the various Excutive Orders like ..say for instance.......

EXECUTIVE ORDER 12656 appointed the National Security Council as the principal body that should consider emergency powers. This allows the government to increase domestic intelligence and surveillance of U.S. citizens and would restrict the freedom of movement within the United States and granted the government the right to isolate large groups of civilians. The National Guard could be federalized to seal all borders and take control of U.S. air space and all ports of entry.
oh..wait..isn't that the patriot act???

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
WTF
why do i get a gut feeling that the cia is going to nuke/or just plain destroy a major us city like it did in Madrid...
i cant stand the nonsense...al quaida is a made up faction, puppets working for the cia goons.

flame on!

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You think the CIA did the Spain bombing? Interesting.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
CIA nuking a major city?

Oh come now do we really honestly believe that? I have seen a lot of "evidence" on the net about the CIA actually being behind 9/11 but then I realized that I could write anything I wanted and post in on the net and someone would believe it.

I just don't feel that bush's short time in office before 9/11 gave him enough time to completely corrupt the CIA and put all these "shadow" groups into place. Not to mention someone would have talked by now, and not just guys in the basement wearing tin foil hats either.

join