It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you cope?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
How do you cope with the everyday world knowing there are things going on beyond your control. Such as government total takeover and other "conspiracy theories". I'm really curious.......I could use some coping strategies.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Just forget about it and get on with your life. Come on here and discuss it, devise strategies to combat some of the real nasty stuff but don't let it take over your life.

When I was very young and first discovered this site, I was filled with hate for our governments not telling us everything, but as I've became older I learned to deal with it. There's nothing you can do other than cross your fingers and hope for a flying saucer to land outside 10 Downing Street.

It may not be the best way to cope, but I'll be damned if it doesn't work.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I read somewhere that it's really a choice you can make. You can either believe that you are powerless and at the bottom of the social hierarchy, or that you and your friends are the most powerful force on the planet. Either way, you're right.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thing is I subscribe to whole Bush taking over and throwing us in concentration camps. So since it is inevitable in my mind I'm wondering what I can do. I'm trying not to break down over it.

CX

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I cope by focusing on myself, my family and by not worrying too much about what goes on around ATS.

There have been times in the past when i've become a bit of a "Gerry" from the movie "Conspiracy Theorist" (Pet name my girlfriend gives me when i start talking about conspiracies
). That can quickly do your head in though.

Whilst ATS is a great site, if you think about it, a great deal of what is posted here is opinions responding to articles found on the net, or news networks.....a lot of which are false or fear mongering anyway so theres not much point in worrying about it.

I have learnt to:

Not worry about peoples opinions here, take note of them, respect them, but don't take them to heart. You'll lose far too much sleep over something tha the other member probably isn't giving a rats ass about.

Take anything that comes from any news source with a pinch of salt. Therefore, i don't worry about it.

Realise that no matter how fancy your avatar or username is, no-one here is important enough to matter to those that are shaping our world. All the worrying or shouting in the world is not going to do a lot of good these days.

The best coping stratedgy i would recommend is now and again, turn off your computer and tv for a week if you are able, see how productive and worry free your life will become.

CX.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Teleport

Let it roll off your shoulders like the rain. There are smaller fish to fry these days, like your mere survival.

Once everyone else is in the same position, you won't have to feel like the weight of the world is just on your shoulders with what you know.

Be more concernced about what you can control, rather than the whole big picture.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Teleport

Teleport, in my opinion the camps, if there are camps, will be filled with people who have not prepared for a situation X. The elderly, sick and others that need to be feed and bedded will be the occupants of the camps.

Also people that are displaced and no longer have a home will need care. We can see this from the experience with hurricane Katrina.

I cope by preparing my mind, body and home for whatever comes down the pipeline. It gives me peace to know I've done all I can to protect and take care of my family.

I also garden and spend time observing the birds, squirrels and other creatures as I live in the country and wild life is plentiful.

top topics

join