It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It felt like teleportation...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I don't know where to begin this story, but I'll start at the most relevant point. I think I've had a bad experience. Whether it was drug induced or not, I have no idea. It was a bit scary though.

A few days ago I smoked pot for the first time in nearly 2 years, it was a rash decision and one I now thoroughly regret considering I am an adult and have a stable job.....that's never good when it comes to buying and using drugs. The high lasted about 3 hours, and I smoked in the afternoon.

Flash forward to a day later. I'm in the shower and I close my eyes. Suddenly I feel myself being lifted out of my body, up into the universe and then wrapping around the earth and moving out infinitely. I saw myself in everyone and everything.

I've also been noticing after this event and a similar one that when you think about a thought, by the time you realize the thought you are not living in the present. There is only the present, the past and future do not exist. I can catch myself every once and awhile slipping into what feels like a dream....and then feel myself snapping back into the now, with full awareness. It seems like thought hinders the now.

Now for the part that has me really nervous. Later that day I went to take another shower on the second floor after swimming at my club pool and again my eyes closed. Now this is where things went literally nuts. I felt myself inside everything again. I was suddenly in my room on the third floor and I could feel the objects from the room all around me. I was actually there, or so it seemed. I even felt the wind blowing in from the 3 paneled windows....when there is no window in the bathroom. I just stood there drenched in water. Then flash forward a minute. I'm back in the shower. I feel like I'm split in half, part still in my room and part still in the shower. I really had to calm myself down after this.

At this point I am thinking of seeking professional help. This guy on another forum told me that smoking pot can bring out latent mental illnesses and that's what worries me. I keep racking my mind wondering if it's a tumor or something even though I got an MRI about 2 years ago. Even though it is most likely the intake of drugs.

I'm willing to admit I'm crazy....does that still make me crazy lol? More than likely it was the drugs but I wonder if that's possible around 24 hours after the intake. I'm not a danger to myself or anyone else. But this was really scary. Even though I feel back to normal now.

I was hoping (and I don't know if this should be in the metaphysical or psychology section, so sorry in advance) some people could share what they think is going on. Maybe those who are.....uh...more drug savy know if you can have an experience like this after marijuana.

It felt like I was teleporting. Even though I'd bet my life that isn't what happened. That's impossible...

So thanks,

-Port

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hi Teleport,

i think most likely its related to the usage of the drug you mentioned.

the stuff that makes you "high" is not out of the system after 24hs.

do some sports, release the mind of bad things and see if it keeps occuring.

you know, believing yourself you are crazy seems a lil harsh to me and doesnt help much too imho, after some confusion due to drug usage.

take care !

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I know it stays in your system for a month or so. I had some experiences like this when I was smoking pot heavily and then quit. I still have some, and that was about 2 years ago if not more.

So why would I permenantly have those experiences and does it still cause hallucinatory effects, when it is in your system for that month? Thanks.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
... im really no expert in this, but i m sure its possible to get a so called flashbacks anytime after the intake.

from what i read it almost sounds like an out of body experience.

did a quick google :

[...]Further data from this survey reveals that no relationship between age and reported OBEs was found. Palmer found a significant positive relationship between drug use and OBEs and concluded that this could account for the higher prevalence of OBEs in students. This relationship receives confirmation from work by Tart [Tar71]. In a survey of 150 marijuana users he found that 44% claimed to have OBEs. It seems possible that the use of this drug facilitate OBEs.

source

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Teleport

I think you experienced a phenomenon of expanded consciousness (non-local awareness). This in itself need not be a bad thing.

I would say lay off the pot, but be careful with visiting a doctor. They, most of them, are not trained to deal with phenomena of expanded consciousness. In fact they are trained to consider it an anomaly, a disease, and "treat" it with drugs; they would also reinforce in you the idea that you are "crazy", whicht could have dire consequences for your self-perception and lifestyle.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by AdAstra]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I had a lesser but similar experience with pot. Maybe it is the same but I do not know because mine felt more of being at multiple locations at once by the end of the night. Inititally, after I got done smoking it, I felt as if I was in the matrix movie because everything had a green tint. Also, when I closed my eyes I could not tell after a couple seconds if I indeed closed them or if they were still open. This experience eventually rendered me nauseated. It was probably my second or third time of taking more than two hits of pot. After that I said I was finished.

So in the end, I vote for OBE.

-Joe-

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

This is this happened 24 hours after high. Nothing for a long time and then, woah. I also noticed during the time that I could hear a dog whistle and also the individual squeaks of each tire going around.

Thing is I don't think it's anything paranormal as in I actually teleported or some crap. I think the substance opened my mind to various cultural and religious beliefs, whether correct or not.

What concerns me is why it would stay in my system this long and why when I smoked 2 years ago heavily it still stays in my system and seems to come and go. Is it simply that everyone is wired differently? Oh and for the record, I take Zoloft if that helps.

Oh also it wasn't an OBE. If anything it was an expansion of consciousness brought on by drugs. I had an OBE before, it was nothing like this and that was before ever even considering doing drugs. When I was young. Even though I am still young....

I'm 21, if that makes any difference as well.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Teleport]

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Teleport]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I have no idea what happened to you, however, please do not assume teleportation is impossible.

Ok, I hate having to make posts like this because I know I sound insane. I personally teleported once while another person was present. I will not discuess how, or the details, but either she and I shared a halucination or I did in fact teleport. I know the first choice is FAR more likely from an outside perspective but if it happens to you... I don't even know what to say as the experience can not be compared to anything else I've experienced.

So, I believe it is POSSIBLE that you too teleported.

Vas

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasilis Azoth

Could you u2u me your story?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
What you discribed isn't "teleportation". It's an out of body experience. It can be a real good thing if used correctly, or you can go crazy if used with ego intent. You however don't seem overly egotistic.

Smoking weed can have such effects as opening one's self up to abilities and such. I'd smoke weed if it wasn't illegal. I don't feel the need to appologise for that. Unfortunally to be an upstanding member of society you have to follow the shared societal rules no matter how misguided.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
"Bring out the mental illness." If you believe that you are bringing out a mental illness, you eventually will through self-fulfilling prophecy. Basically, when something strange occurs that you can't understand, such as an OBE, a bout of strange synchronicities or a little bit of empathy, you will start thinking "oh no, it's a mental illness."

Don't believe it's a mental illness. Start following these weird occurrences and see where they lead to.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasilis Azoth

The only insanity in your post is your unwillingness to give specific details. I'm not sure what you hope to achieve by assuring us that teleportation is real and refusing to tell us anything about it in the same breath.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kohr-Ah

I agree...

I'm 100% positive it wasn't an Out of Body Experience, because it was like I was in two places at once at one time. I have also had an Out of Body Experience. In this case there was no vibes or intense floating sensation. The sensation I felt was like a mild floating one would get from a buzz of a cigarette. Then bam! An explosion of consciousness.

I hope that guy shares his story.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I found the answer. It is derealization. I've had depersonalization for the past 3 years after heavy drug use. I didn't know what derealization was though.

Depersonalization disorder

Depersonalization disorder is a disturbance in which the patient's primary symptom is a sense of detachment from the self. Depersonalization as a symptom (not as a disorder) is quite common in college-age populations. It is often associated with sleep deprivation or "recreational" drug use. It may be accompanied by "derealization" (where objects in an environment appear altered). Patients sometimes describe depersonalization as feeling like a robot or watching themselves from the outside. Depersonalization disorder may also involve feelings of numbness or loss of emotional "aliveness."

Anyone else have this or a permenant issue after drug use?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I doubt the pot had anything to do with this, espesially since this happened the day after you smoked. This has never happened to me, allthoug I wouldent mind if it did

But it could be that pot could open some dors in your mind? I dunno..

Anyways, had you taken som other type of drug (thats chemical made) I would think that would be the cause, but some weed is harmful, you ask me. Should be legalised, I think its a lot less harmful drug than alkohol, but thats anoter topic

I wouldent worry if I wore you! Chill.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Anom3]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Did you check to see if there was water on the floor in the spot where you teleported? I would imagine that would have left a quite a water spot?

If there was no water there then it was all in you head. If there was then, damn what kind of weed where you smoking?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I smoked pot, up until about 1.5 years ago, for about 15 years. I was some what a pothead I gues you could say. Some times in the shower I felt the afftects of light headedness, especially when closing my eyes. I have closed my eyes in the shower and passed out, because of the sensation similar to the one you felt. I am not saying it wasn't some paranormal or teleportation expereince, but it would be way cool if it was.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teleport
I found the answer. It is derealization. I've had depersonalization for the past 3 years after heavy drug use. I didn't know what derealization was though.

Depersonalization disorder

It's just a name, Teleport, a fitting (and actually accurate) description of something that doesn't fit into any of the categories that modern psychiatry considers to be "normal". It doesn't mean it is necessarily a disease.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Zul007

Last night I was thinking about it really hard. I remembered there was water in the spot....I just contributed it to be from my wet bathing suit which I wear occasionally up in my room after swimming. I didn't even connect the two. I mean I wasn't necessarily thinking I teleported so I wasn't looking for that spot or anything at the time. I mean I think there are many more explanations than a paranormal one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join