It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack America Now

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

Um, because the world economy depends on the U.S. economy. China would die economically if the U.S. stopped buying their cheap chit. Or Otherwise, China might have to start paying their own people enough money to buy the products that they produce, which would eventually lead to the people developing a level of power, and possibly liberty, which the Chinese government does not want to see happening.

Here is the bigger reality, we are entering a new era beyond big oil, and this means great opportunities and economic independence for the world where people are willing to to make the effort to make this happen. Bio-diesel, sugarahol, and hydrogen generation are the way of the future, and big oil can't control this, which means economic freedom has a chance once again.

The Middle East has blown it's wad trying to spread Islam around the globe. They have failed to develop any kind of industry that will carry them into the future, and technology will never flourish in any religious oppressive state, so things look very bleak in the Middle East as far as the future is concerned.

Honestly, I feel for the people of the Middle East, and I hope they learn to escape Islamic extremism and join the modern world.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
If America gets attacked by anyone it'll just set the stage for WWIII. But does it matter? War is inevitable anyway.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification

America is applying all these sanctions across the world for example in Cuba forcefully without the international approval so why shouldn't the world do the same to America. It's ridiculous.

As I said in the above post, America doesn't NEED international approval. That's just the way it is, and if the international community doesn't like it TOO BAD. We do business with who we want to both ways and the reasons for or against Cuba are OUR business NOT the international community. American interests regarding Cuba have always been strained and we have never agreed with the Castro Government.

As for your suggestion that the international community should impose sanctions on the U.S.,, I would ask,,

Then why don't they?

Yeah uh huh

- Con

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I got to take a vacation from posting. Conspiriology said everything.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
it was an inflamatory title and maybe the OP is a little off but for a while there was at least some interesting discussions about things that actually are wrong with the US and some people love the country and want to patch up the holes. but now it is back to "my country can beat up your country" yes america is the greatest everything ever. so no matter what changes happen, health care, jobs, gun control, freedoms...no matter how they change, no matter how good or bad it may get, we should just keep bragging about how awesome we are. that is the smartest thing to do when you love something right? ignore what is wrong with it? but whatever, its back to a pissing contest again here. so much for thoughtful discussions.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
MagicMushroom Is from England.

His points are not very well thought out, and never supported by fact, thus making his arguments, "unintelligent".

Militarily, the world knows the US cannot be matched (even if all the worlds forces were to somehow combine in one massive force. I can and will defeat any argument that trys to state contrary). Economically, the US has no equal (30% of the worlds GDP is tied up in the US. And before you say CHINA, china accounts for 8% of world GDP, Russia, 2.5%). If it was that easy to sanction the US, it would have already been done a long time ago, but since it is the US who is the worlds financier, this cannot be done. I really do not care to continue on here.

Magic Mushroom is known for his rancid hatred for the US. I never took him seriously before, this thread just goes to reassure why I, and many others, do not.

I have come to accept the ignorant comments from Anti-Americans. You cannot, and will not change their mind on something you cannot control. Let em gripe. I will not lose any sleep over their ill feelings for a nation that stands for more then there own pathetic excuse of a nation.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by West Coast]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

silly me. i thought that somehow a meaningful conversation, that was beginning to happen, could grow out of the subject matter no matter who the OP was or what his mindset was. you can have a nice dinner in a crappy dining room.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Yes Re your right you are silly.

This thread never was meant to be a healing conversational forum. It never Started that way and it got the exact response it was pumping for.

And you obviously do not like the direction it has traveled because you hate America. Your views on this country are apparent. The USA is the best and I will shout it from the roof tops every time some malcontent decides to bad mouth it. The only real problem we have is in its very strength, Freedom. We as a nation of free people allow such moronic and asinine dissent to occur. It poisons the minds of those with whom have weak minds and no fortitude to actually think it through. Not for our generation but all the ones to follow.

By the way I love all free societies on this planet. Other than their head in the sand approach to the threats in this world they are not a threat themselves. Democracies are benevolent by nature and I want all people of the world to have the very freedom that are alloted to democratic states. America leads the endeavor to bring this very thing to a global community.

The USA in not perfect. Actually nothing truly is perfect. But it is a good country led by faulted men and women who's goals are to bring freedom to the world. I stand with those women and men and I stand with the yet to be born so they can have the quality of life that I have enjoyed. America is their best vehicle for those opportunities.

I'm sorry this didn't turn out to be a thread where you could itemize your issues with America. Maybe if that was truly your goal (I doubt it) you could start a thread and call it "Healing our great nation" a congenial discussion on the problems that face us in the 21st century. But "ATTACK AMERICA"? Common man are you serious? Thats like going into a Whore house and attempting to have a conversation about family values.

Will

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
The last thing you want to do is piss off the American People guy.

You don't EVEN want to go there.

Big mistake

HUGE

Hahahaha I'm sorry but I just laughed so hard it almost made me cry.

Well I will be hiding in my basement in mortal fear until you get here. But that probably would take a long time, as 20% of your fellow Americans can't even point your own country out on a map let alone some country in Europe.

But regarding the topic at hand. Attacking the USA is not the way to go in my opinion. There are alot of good people there, and it's not fair to put them at the same level as the braindead politicians and other idiots in power there. Every country has idiots that are in control. We only need to take them out.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fastwalker81

Hahahaha I'm sorry but I just laughed so hard it almost made me cry.

Well I will be hiding in my basement in mortal fear until you get here. But that probably would take a long time, as 20% of your fellow Americans can't even point your own country out on a map let alone some country in Europe.

Nothing like having a guy from a country we had to help liberate from German occupation and hand ther damn country back to em on a platter, talkin smack about us. Hiding in basements in mortal fear was just what the dutch were good at too from what most WWII vets recollect .

That and mocking people from America from the safety of the internet.

Don't worry guy, you don't have to hide in the basement.

I wouldn't want ya to drown down there.

- Con

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bubbles75
I think Americans need a reality check, you struggle with a third class country like Iraq what are you going to do against China and Russia?

I think you are a surface thinker, not capable of seeing circumstances, context or deeper levels.

"Struggle" aplies to Iraq because we are not defending our own and we are waging an "image" war.

If China or Russia were to start a war with us, do you honestly believe we would hesitate to avoid collateral damage?

Your "struggle" is not true struggle, it is perception based struggle, if Americans were dying on American soil, the aggressors could kiss their collective asses goodbye.

America would have a 90% cluster bomb approval rate.

Why do so many people, (the OP included) lack contextual, situational logic? China and Russia in particular would be defeated in 2 weeks in a real "full" war, while America would barely be scratched.

The resulting insugencies and nation rebuilding would be the "struggle"...

Get real people. No one can attack America.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Many people has said this is what should have been done with Nazi Germany after WW2 so dose the same apply to the USA. Why let the beast out of the cage when we can contain it now before all hell break's loose.

I hope you realize how hypocritical these statements are.

You are trying to paint a comparison between Nazi Germany and the US, and your solution is to destroy the US.

You are the Nazi. At least you are acting like one.

YOU (my impression of your thought process): "OK, first I will try to make the US a scapegoat for all the worlds problems. Once I get everyone convinced that the US is bad then I shall convince the rest of the world to help me get rid of the them..."

No other train of thought could have brought you to the conclusion you come to in your original Post.

You, and people like you, are the problem with the world. Not America.

Sorry OP, but

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
wow.. what a thread.. where to start??

Originally posted by William Marshal
.. But "ATTACK AMERICA"? Common man are you serious? Thats like going into a Whore house and attempting to have a conversation about family values.

haha, awesome comparison!

Originally posted by Fastwalker81
But that probably would take a long time, as 20% of your fellow Americans can't even point your own country out on a map let alone some country in Europe.

20% ?? does this include infants? I'm certain less then 1% of adult Americans can't point out the US.. As for some country in Europe... Well, we american's have this nifty thing called Google Maps.

Originally posted by bubbles75
I think Americans need a reality check, you struggle with a third class country like Iraq what are you going to do against China and Russia?

Originally posted by gormly
China and Russia in particular would be defeated in 2 weeks in a real "full" war, while America would barely be scratched.

Well, first, the notion that we "struggle" against Iraq is laughable. If our intention was to obliterate them, you'd have to be insane to think we couldn't do that in a matter of hours. That's not an "blindly patriotic American" view, that's just plain common sense.

With that said, I don't know how much i can agree with a war with Russia or China lasting only 2 weeks, with no US damage. That is more of a "blindly patriotic American" view. The reality is that a war between any those nations would be a war in which the entire planet would be on the losing end. Luckily for us, nations who are that powerful, understand the consequences of such actions.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by johneboy]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LIL-JON

So what if he's a communist? You're worse then him if you want to squash his freedom of speech. Maybe you're a fascists.

It's a good start for a discussion thread. At least he's advocating some kind of revolution like your founding fathers.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yep, lets attack America today.

Of course you do have the minor problem of who is going to do the job.

Remember that any country that attempts to do it will face massive nuclear retaliation. Just how many warheads do you want exploding over YOUR country? How many millions of YOUR people are you willing to sacrifice in order to attack America now?

No country has the capability to do the job without massive retaliation. Even the Soviets, at the height of their power knew they couldn't do it. So, just what makes you think that any existing country could?

Oh, you mean just take out the current government? Bt remember how angry the U.S. got over knocking down an office building and killing 3,000 people? How do you think they would react if you killed the President, took out the Congress and the Supreme Court, etc.?

Yes indeed, another genius out there, that couldn't thread a shoelace without written instructions and a coach!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
lol i cant believe all of u are taking this so seriously.. The OP is obivously a troll. All of his/her other posts are him/her trolling. Dont let it get u all upset.. the OP is just trolling...lol

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
As it would seem that those who control America are hell bent on starting the 3rd World War should we learn from history and take America out now before it does any more damage.

Many people has said this is what should have been done with Nazi Germany after WW2 so dose the same apply to the USA. Why let the beast out of the cage when we can contain it now before all hell break's loose. Would that not be the correct thing to do especially in the light of America's ambitions set out in PNAC.

Many say America is the great evil and not just Muslims that it is they that are a real threat to World peace as they are hell bent on Imperialism and want to force their way of life on everyone. I dont advocate attacking America and its people because there are more than 1 way's to skin a cat. Removing its capcity to wage war should do the trick, call in all those loans and debts, and apply Worldwide sanctions against the country, boycott all American goods, remove the dollar from opecand close all the overseas bases on forwign soil. That should do the trick and no one need to die is sensless wars.

If we do not break the mould then we are doomed to making the same mistakes only this time round Americans wont be sitting in a nice safe country far away from war. This time round the bombs will be dropping on them if we do not stop this madness. The perps who start all the wars are still there and we are still dying for their cause, profit and power.

Sorry m8 the only nation that can be compared to Hitler is Iran.We live in an interdependant world now as far as economics goes.China depends on the US as much as the US depends on China.The growing middle class in China is the reason.Another poster ,actually a few on this thread make some very good points both about radical desert Islam and the world economy and both are true.I stay in contact with the east and west coasts of the US as well as the gulf coast and mid america so if anything goes down like the chicken littles here say,ill know about it.So far these chicken littles have a 90 per cent failure rate when proving what they post after i contact someone in the state they claim something is happening.Or the story is blown way out of proportion,clips of interviews or comments only partially shown etc.
No, america is doing good right now and so far all without the need for a wartime economy or martial law.Im telling the extremists out there this-dont poke the sleeping giant because you really dont want america to really unleash to dogs of war.Al-qaida has been routed from Iraq and are literally running for the hills.

The West stands united against global terrorism!

John Mccain 08!

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join