It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable event just happened to me

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Eh. Im also going with the real estate theory.

A PI (of that age) would not be so careless to be caught and then run off like that. Or it is possible they would be, if they just suck at their job.
A fed would not be so obvious and be caught like that....nor would they be driving a SATURN

As was mentioned earlier, that everyone seems to have ignored.....From your angle, it may have looked like he was taking a picture of your plates....but more then likely he was not. The camera may have looked that way, but the focus of the camera could have been on something nearby. A good analogy of this would be someone across the room, with sunglasses on....looking in your direction. It looks like they are looking right at you, but they are actually looking at something beyond you, or just next to you.

ATS has a way of bringing out extreme paranoia in people. All the stuff that is read can get inside your head and start to mess with you. It is like people who watch lots of scary movies and tend to be paranoid about sounds in their home. "oh, what was that?" Its normal.

But be careful. Paranoia is not really healthy like you say nor does it necessarily keep you on your toes. It can cause you to make mistakes because you are not always thinking clearly. It can cause reality and logic to be blurred or burried....and both of those things are needed to remain healthy and on your toes
Just something to think about.

But I seriously doubt any of this event has anything to do with you and your postings on ATS.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
I am baffled.......anyone have any suggestions? Thought I would share this with my fellow paranoids, since this is the first time I have ever had anything like this happen. I called my brother and told him what had happened but he pretty much made fun of me.

Maybe folks in the conspiracy realm can appreciate how freaky this whole episode has been for me. This is going to drive me nuts until I figure out what this was all about.

It is freaky I agree, but I would like to offer something that may shed some light. If you are in default of your mortgage payments this incident could very well have been a field service company hired contractor/inspector simply doing a drive by and taking a photo of the house. This is very common practice when a person defaults on their mortgage. Another consideration- are you changing homeowners insurance? Or, has their recently been any damage to your property or surrounding homes in the neighborhood due to a storm (for example) for which an insurance company may have an interest in evaluating local damage(s). Also, it could have been a local appraiser taking a few photos of comps in the neighborhood, etc. These are just a few things to consider.

Hopefully this will ease your concern, but you should be concerned in any event. It's not an every day occurence and most alert homeowners would have their caution antennas raised.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If you read somewhere..well i have read somewhere the gov has or is going to have (i would have to look it up) where they will be able to seize all property , cars our homes.ect.. and maybe this is something they are getting ready to inact .??.they could have people hired to go out and take pictures of our property properties so they can confiscate it???? dont know just a thought you said he was up to know good well this would explain that part

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Blackops,

Get yourself a couple of security cameras and hook them up to recorders. Have them cover the front and back approaches to your home. You might be surprised to see how many strange people are lurking about.

I live in the middle of nowhere, on a dead end road, and I have strange vehicles stopping in front of my home then speeding off when I step out, helicopters hovering above the tree tops at all hours of the night, and just recently a group of semi-naked women wandering past my home! The neighborhood is definitely starting to get strange..

I usually call the Sheriff's office whenever I see odd people or vehicles. I figure it's best to Let them explain themselves to the cops. Approaching an unknown person of questionable motives could prove to be very dangerous if you're not armed.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I haven't read all the replies yet so maybe this has been asked all ready, but are in the process of a divorce or have an angry ex? Perhaps it was a private investigator looking for some dirt on you to use against you in civil court.

edit: Well I should have read through the rest of the posts, since my idea has all ready been put forth.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by doomsauce]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
i think if this were to happen to anyone reading the website, or even to you again we need proof to build from. If its possible film the people taking the photo's and then make yourself known to him via the window...

having video evidence would help alot, if possible

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Contact your bank, your credit card company, your insurance company, cell phone carrier, and anybody else that might be applicable in identity theft, and let them know that you request to be notified for any and all account changes or inquiries. Identity theft is a big business and having photos of a target and property complete with license numbers, house addresses, e-mail address, etc is one way to gain a hold to your identity and create an "ID package" for fraudulent activity. ID thieves may also sell your "ID package" to multiple buyers. By contacting your various sources and requesting notification of activity you put a kink into the ease of ID theft. ID theives like things to be easy and quick, and they never want to be tied to this activity in any way. The worse thing you can do is wait and see, heed this advice and take action and even if this turns out to be nothing, it doesn't hurt you to make an effort to protect yourself. I've been a victim of ID theft and had a $50,000+ phone bill which caused me a decade of misery.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
We used to live on one of the first houses built in Nassau County Long island NY, back when the entire country was potatoe farms. The home was the only 2 story house within miles until the early 80's when everyone in the neighborhood started building up.

I would say our house was originally build around 1900 maybe before that.

Anyhow I remember this guy in an old ford pick up used to come by and take photos, this is in the late 70's and there were tons of kids on the block, so when the kids first noticed him we called my old man, and he came out non threateningly, and the old man drove off, he didn't speed off, doubt if his old truck could speed off. Anyway it bothered us for a while, until he returned a few weeks later.

This time he got out of the Truck when my Father approached him, we was very old, small, frail mid 80's probably. He told us how he used to live in that very house, and he couldn't believe how little it had changed.

My father was a plumber, but also a handyman, he fixed up the inside to a tee, but never cared for the outside much. He was of the thinking who cares what the outside looked like, we have to live inside ect, annoyed the current neighbors, but oh well.

The old man came back many times and we even invited him in to look around. He was probably reliving memories of a time when he was young, maybe with a young wife who has now passed on. I mean even at my young age I could see it in his eyes. He didn't really look at any of us, he was just enfatuated with the house, observing every corner, the old wooden staircase ect.

We've long since moved away from there, in the late 80's, and me and my sister have friends who live in that area, we often will drive the few blocks out of the way to go look at the house, but it look 100% different now. So we just do a slow drive by, basically of the whole block, remembering who lived where ect.

Anyhow since you keep alluding to the fact that this picture taker was old, but you don't remember the camera that was in front of his face, he must have been pretty old. So I could definitely see this as the reason for him takeing pictures , he probably grew up there, or raised his family there.

I don't know why he sped away....did you come storming out of your front door in a menacing type of way? Maybe you scared him off just by your size and posture as you came outside and approached his vehicle? Or did he spot you scoping him out of your office window? Then sped away?

Who knows he may come back without the camera and explain how he used to live there, so do be looking for a fight with the guy should he return.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Might not be bad.

Once I saw somebody doing that with my license plate. I ran out and was right in the guys face. Excuse me can I help you...with the a-hole sorta implied in the tone of my voice. the guy went white. Turned out he was an art student and he was taking pictures of license plates for an art project. he was then going to cut the pictures up and make a collage. He even showed me his portfolio and his student ID. The guy although old could just be a nutty artist. Or something equally benign.

Or he could be a crazy serial killer who got your name out of a phone book and is now stalking you, or a govt. agent who doesn't like what you posted on ATS. Although I doubt it. and it's probably not something a security or govt agent would do. they already know your license number.

Could be a PI who was hired to track down cars in the neighborhood that fit the description of one used in a hit and run or something similar. used in some crime where the witness needs to identify the right car involved. so a PI goes around the neighborhood and takes pictures of all the cars it could be from the description and give the client a line up to identify the car involved.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

to both Llyod45 and Black ops

What both of you are describing is organized stalking.
There is no use racking your brains trying to figure out WHY this is happening to you because now a days you do not have to be an activist or a whistle blower to become a target of covert stalking and harassment.

We in the targeted individual community have been experiencing this crap for decades. Most of the targets decades ago were people who knew secrets about corporations or the government. It started for me when I was a social worker and took on a case of satanic ritual abuse from the Alberta Child Welfare Department and from the moment I took this case on 17 years ago I have been stalked and harassed in two provinces.
Now the average Joe can become a target of this crap just because...there is no good reason for it.

Here is an article written by a journalist who for the past 4 years has found himself on the receiving end of this. He is now trying to expose it.

www.nowpublic.com...

I am now an activist for the exposure of this crap. Through my activism I have found 12 of us in this city alone who have fallen victim to organized stalking for no apparent reason. The only way to stop this is to expose it.

We in the target individual community have been complaining about this for decades to our politicians and police, but we get no help to stop this and on many occasions if we complain too loudly we are harassed even more.

It is time to listen to us and pay attention before this happens to YOU.

Debbie Newhook
Nanaimo, BC
Canada

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Im guessing your landlord is in financial trouble with the bank. Banks will send out inspector's to verify if the property is vacant or occupied. And if it is occupied you have to show proof that it is. Hence taking a picture of a vehicle or plate number. They take pictures of the house and address to verify to the banks they are at the correct house.
If the house is reported vacant, eventually a contractor will come in and change the lock's and bid to remove hazard's in or around the property.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If I were in your position and being organized stalked. I would counter stalk them. you can only defeat people who like to terrorize others by out terrorizing them back.

Ambush them back and do something that would scare them away. make it not worth it to them.

I know my mind could quickly come up with non incriminating but scary as hell things to do to these types.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I do recall reading the threads on here about organized gang stalking and they were pretty detailed and terrifying to say the least.

In this case Im really trying not to jump the gun or let my paranoia over take my better sense of rational reasoning. I havent been getting any strange phone calls, no harrassing letters, nothing as severe as that. I will have these cameras installed and hopefully if any strange visitations are taking place when Im not home I will know within hours.

I do feel bad for anyone who has been a victim of real organized stalking, hopefully I am over reacting here and this will turn out to be an isolated incident. I have spoken to my neighbors this morning about the whole event that happened yesterday and asked them to keep an extra close attention to anyone creeping around my house who doesn't belong there.

Luckily I have a good relationship with most everyone on my block, you really cant put a value on having helpful neighbors, and five sets of eyes are far better than one. I do keep a fire arm close by inside of the house, and I have two big German Shepherds who aren't over friendly to strangers, so odds are anyone who enters while I am home will get the short end of that stick.

My brother calls me up at 8am this morning to see if "the secret police" have taken me away yet....laughing of course
People just dont seem to believe this type of thing really happens, but I now know first hand that it does. Better safe than sorry.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Might be google street view!
They have loads of people driving around taking pics of streets.
It may have been a designer, or architect, or sales, or advertising, just going around gathering inspiration, or documenting treands or styles.
I wouldn't automatically assume it is something nefarious.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I know this won't help at all, and will make me seem more odd than I already am, but I've literally stopped and taken pictures of stuff and people for no apparent reason. I understand now that it causes unease
but I still do it sometimes. I just love taking pictures of things. I hope you're not a victim of any sort of monitoring.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Wow. If this happened to me, I would be FREAKING OUT, but I am a rather paranoid person, especially since I joined here.

Judging by your points, you have obvioulsy been here for awhile. It could be that they are starting to get interested in your posting here. I dont really know if that really happens, but nowadays, I don't write anything off as not possible.

Stay vigilant in these odd times. Just watch your back, because you can never tell who or what might take intrest in you. Good luck!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You know I used to have this job where I had to drive around to peoples houses, all on a list so not at random, and we had to take pictures and write down the condition of the house and property... etc...

It had something to do with foreclosures I believe but I wasn't doing it long.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I would recommend doing something that will gain a response from said entity...should the occasion arise again. Like shooting the car with a paintball gun, then calling the police, reporting the color(of the car, the paint, the driver, etc), or calling the neighbor(s) that you have contact with, and come out to investigate simultaneously. Or, and this is way out, give him something to report...stand in the window with a mask of some animal on(gorilla, tiger, etc.), smearing cheez whiz on your person, masturbating with feces, while jumping on one leg in a circular motion... I will bet the organization that is taking pictures will contact you, possibly indirectly...the mask is for anonymity.

Just kidding(about the last point)!!! Actually the surviellience equipment is not a bad idea. I would ask some of the surrounding neighbors if they have had similar experiences.

Next time, should there be one, take pictures back, and make contact...

[edit on 20-7-2008 by daddymax]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by andolin
I government agent type would be driving a dark nondescript sedan, USA made. He would have stared you down in his sunglasses and left the area after you exited the building. A PI wouldn't have been so obvious. My guess is Realtor, Insurance agent, etc. Tell your landlord.

You watch too much TV
That was what the FBI used to look like

But they all have a telltale attachment and talk into their lapels...

Now the Secret Service still has that Trademark Look... but highly unlikely that they would be visiting you unannounced

Why are they the SECRET service anyway?

The DEA uses captured drug money to buy anything they want for undercover vehicles... and they are allowed to use any of those fancy vehicles that they confiscate...

But unless you have a 'garden' I doubt they will be hanging around and you certainly won't spot them until your front door gets kicked in

There is an easy way to find out what your local law enforcement is using as undercover vehicles... they need SERVICE... just hang out at your local police service garage... Don't take pictures though...

Cell Picture Of Undercover Officer Sparks Arrest

I think its kinda funny the responses here and other threads about the government monitoring ATS and caring what some high school kid who can't spell says about issues...

Sure they are here... and some of them even have some good stories to tell for those who can listen

But if those boys wanted to pay attention to you... they are not that sloppy... and have a budget...

I really have to wonder though... I hear a lot of talk about the FBI and the CIA on ATS... yet I find it strange that very few people are concerned about just how much tax money goes to three letter agencies whose job it is to spy on you and everyone else...

There are so many ECHELON listening posts around the world I lost count trying to track them... they monitor by computer every land line, cell phone and email conversation...

Your IP server is required by law now to release all data (How did that get through?
)

Patriot Act and Homeland Security... well your rights to privacy got tossed on the trash pile...
DHS

Constitution? "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!" - George Bush
www.capitolhillblue.com...

FBI are pussy cats... CIA cares little about what you do... but the NSA does
www.nsa.gov...

Yes I noticed ATS is also a three letter club
Coincidence?
A quick google brings up this..

"The official web site of ATS Corporation, a publicly traded IT company serving the government and commercial markets for over 30 years."

and

ATS provides critical support to the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, ranked among the world's leading science and ...

Too funny I couldn't resist

I hear people say "Don't be paranoid" True Paranoia won't help... but blindness to what's happening is even worse... because things happen when we are not vigilant...

Does any one know how many spook agencies your taxes pay for? How many do we need?

Well here is the short list...

NSA, CIA, DIA, FBI, AIA, NGA (I like THESE guys... SPACE SPOOKS), DSS, IAO (Illuminati Spooks), DNI, DHS, NRO, CGI, NIC (don't mess with this), ASA, DOE, INR, INS, ONI, ICC, IRS, NCO, NSC, IAD, TFI, GIG, DAU (Spook University) AFISR, INSCOM, DCS G-2, USAISA, MSIC, MCIA, NIOC, DTRA, AFOSI, PFIAB, ISOO, NDIC, USNCB, ATSD-IO, DISA, JWICS, ...

To any spooks reading this... If I left your club out I apologize... Its a work in progress... please feel free to drop me a note and I will be happy to add your club...

Watching the Watchers

Information Awareness Office

Information Gatherers Page 01

Information Gatherers Page 02

National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency

Now WHY would anyone be paranoid?

Further reading for those that care and understand what is happening in our country...

AT&T’s Implementation of NSA Spying on American Citizens

NSA cooperation: OK for e-mail, IM companies?

Eavesdropping 101: What Can The NSA Do?

Internet Presents Web of Security Issues

Pentagon: The internet needs to be dealt with as if it were an enemy "weapons system"

If the fire is to hot... I suggest you get out of the pan...

Ending on a lighter note... this is a must see...

www.newsday.com...

Pleasant Dreams

[edit on 20-7-2008 by zorgon]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join