It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable event just happened to me

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
It's possible the person was there because of you home insurance company. Insurance companies often do checks on the homes they insure. They want to make sure the home is in "insurable condition". Meaning they want to make sure you are not an abnormal risk.

Or maybe the person liked how your house is painted or yard is laid out. They wanted to take pictures so they could do something similar. They sped away because they didn't know how to deal with you. For all they know, you might come out of the house with a shotgun.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Get a cheap webcam and put it in your window! Set it on "movement" so it takes pictures when there is new things going on. Remember to get one with high quality. Shouldn't be expensive.

Good luck..

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by runetang

That is a terrible story, that is the kind of thing that I see and hear happening more and more every day. Police bullying innocent people in their own home, that type of thing makes me sick.

About a month ago one of my good friends was driving home from work when he was pulled over by a state trooper. The officer walked up to his car with his gun already drawn, opens the door and grabs my friend by the neck and proceeds to slam him face first into the gravel on the side of the highway. Never did he once explain what was going on or offer any charge.

Turns out some guy had robbed a bank in the next town over and the getaway car was the same make and color as the one my friend was driving. They searched his car and ran his license. After about a half hour of laying face down in the dirt, the cop tells him to get up and tells him he is free to go. No real detail about what went on, no apology or even a simple "sorry".

Here comes the police state. Runetang sorry you had to go through that. I would have been furious.

[edit on 7/20/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
are you in debt? maybe the guy wants your home

if not, beware of intruders from now on and photograph him, too.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParaFreaky
Wait a minute! Are you just saying that to scare me?! 'Cause I hope you're not telling the truth!

No I am not saying that to scare you...
Yes I am telling you the truth...
I could prove it very easily but that would not be wise and would do you no good.. As I said I am still here

Originally posted by Element-115
If you know you're innocent you're going to be ok. Also, you've written your story here, which in a way serves as proof if it happened the way you say it did. IF, your entire story is deleted and maybe even your membership... then you could start getting worried. But once more... DO NOT GET PARANOID!

Hmmm not quite sure that was directed at me, though it was addressed as such..

Well first of all IF someone on here was deleted how would you KNOW? Unless they were well known and noticed... there could be 50 members 'disappear' a month here and no one would notice them gone...

Bluebird is one... I do not know what happened to her and with only an Avatar and U2U to go on I cannot find out..

Beerguy posted a hydrogen fuel cell on my website... I have not heard from him since...

How would you KNOW? Many have been banned for bad behavior... anyone miss them?

Second I am NOT innocent... a quick look at my posts will show you that.. however at this point I am not a threat either
and that is the key...

Watch a good movie and forget about it...
I saw one a few days ago a good NOVA program about secret astronauts called ASTROSPIES... very interesting

We'll talk about this again in 2 months and if you still feel like this, you should give me a list of things you do in your day from the moment you wake up and go to bed. Tell me the usual things you do and just mail me instead of posting here. We should go private with this issue then.

Well now that is an interesting proposal...but I think I will pass...

I can give you a few of my 'daily activities"... About a month ago I had a long talk with Bob Lazar... that should interest you considering your handle
and a few days ago I had dinner with John and Ron Blackburn (who founded PsiTech after Project Stargate was forced to be 'exposed')

But I think you're going to be just fine.

Well thank you I think so too

Originally posted by ParaFreaky
I guess that makes more sense than government agents visiting people at random just because of what they take part in.

Does it? Besides I don't recall saying it was a 'random' visit... and I was not the only one on the list for that trip

So basically, as long as I don't say this or that about myself that is not in actuallity and is malicious in nature, I will not be expecting anyone photographing my home. Funny, I got so worked up over nothing!

Well basically its not your words that count... its your actions that get attention... As long as you don't have a chemistry setup in the garage (the POLICE will assume its a Meth lab :shk: and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) will assume you are making illegal fireworks...) The former happened to me ( I have a geo chemistry lab)... the latter to Bob...
www.justice.gov... and John is active with a group in the middle of a law suit against several companies regarding 9/11 nomoregames.net...

But other than that things are normal around here so don't panic no paranoia...

Speak your mind and don't worry that the NSA is monitoring your every email and phone call... don't worry that every intersection has high resolution cameras on the traffic lights and other poles...

Now then.... Possible reasons to be photographed...

The Real Estate Agent that has a costumer who WANTS your house... if that's the case you will get knocks at the door soon asking if you want to sell... (It amazes me that they think that will work)

You are in some county code violation and don't know it and a 'good neighbor' is going to turn you in and needs the evidence.
[I once got a citation for leaving my trash cans out front for 2 days... it said I had 30 days to correct the situation or I could be fined 1,500.00 or three months in the county jail
I framed that letter its tough living in Vegas)

You have someones wife visiting you and SHE is bring followed... even though you are 'just friends'

Someone already said the guy likes your landscape... we put up a new fence and someone actually asked if they could take a picture...

The Insurance reason is true... but usually only if your house is run down...

Workmens comp will watch you... if you have a recent injury claim... same thing if you were in a car accident with that neck brace... they want to catch you with it off

Bank for closure... they want a photo of their assets to be

The guy might have had the wrong house PI's are not noted for their intelligence anyone can get a license...

More later I need sleep

BTW my son installs security cameras
call me

[edit on 20-7-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Are you mortaging your house? borrowing money from the bank? there so paranoid right now maybe the banks who have loans out are trying to take a better look at the inventory they have as collateral....? could be.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I've seen cars park near my house as well. There's 1 that came a few times and parked behind my house, and I think he tried to access my wifi because in a few minutes I had people tryin to log onto it. Tho I looked at him with binoculars and he was just sitting there, definately looking in my direction. I figure, this is a free country, so f them. Watch me all they want. I do nothing worth investigating, so it would just be a waste of money. Though I suppose they enjoy wasting money. You should have gotten license plate number and called him in.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Why didn't you just flip them the finger, would have made a good image for HQ.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
for the past year and a half I've had a couple of visitors outside my house. It started when i was walking downstairs when I notice a black SUV, Ford Explorer i think, parked right in front of my house, tinted glass and all. So i decide to stop at the window at the stairs and look out. They turn on their engine and left.
I thought it might have been a coincidence, just someone visiting the neighbors parked in front of our house.

A couple of weeks after that, a black sedan, also ford with tinted windows. This time i caught it when i was walking outside my door. It left also.

I thought it was random and dismissed it. What struck me as odd is that since then it's happened around 5 times, with different cars. I've never gotten a chance o look at the plates but what i did find is that one of them said CA EXEMPT and then the numbers. I have an understanding that such plates are given to local/state government agencies.

One event that really got me thinking something was off. My house's backyard overlooks a 5 lane road. One night i notice a beige car, couldn't tell the make. A man got out of the car, gets out a phone and looks straight at the house. My room overlooks the road and had a clear view of the car. So I decide to sneak outside. It was night by the way. I go up the fence and then I yell *Hey! You looking for something?* The person then hangs up the phone, stares at me and promptly gets into his car and speeds off.

Honestly, I have no friends of family members that work in the government or anything shifty. We own our house and have no financial trouble. I didn't file a police report because of the plates that I saw on that one sedan.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
All Private investigators must produce their identification in the form of their Private Investigators license, which is why they always speed off.

You see they are obligated to provide you with the contact information of the agency they work for, who are in turn obligated to acquiesce to your request to cease their activities.

The person who contracted the agency must then find a new one to investigate you. So much hassle it is better to just speed off. No one wants to lose a contract.

Edit: Of course you must ask them first for this information. Should they fail to do so it is considered a Felony!

You know what to do.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Doctormacauley the quantum Physicist's wife posted a design that her husband was contracted to build for the primary drive mechanism for a space-based propulsion system based on monoatomic elements, then he lost tenure. But she also attend codex Alimentarus and We haven't heard from either of them since... High strangeness

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Nah, I wasn't really pointing a finger at you, the message just melted into the other topic and might have dragged your name in there. Wasn't intentional though.

I think I was thinking about the OP.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Paranoia often leads to irrational thinking and that well... is a poor state of mind. So don't bet your life on being paranoid is a good thing. It's not. Being cautious is. Being observant is. Being intelligent and rational is!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I have to say it...........

There is no doubt in my mind that this incident has NOTHING to do with the sale of the house, the owners portfolio or any kind of appraisal of the property. I know this because the first thing the OP mentioned was that the mystery man took a picture of his truck first then the house. That one small little detail tells me that it is about you, not the home.

OP...you are being investigated or observed. I would assume the pics were for future reference. General layout, points of entry, obstacles. The pics of your truck were for the purpose of tracking you. Knowing where you are, what you drive, ways to follow you from a distance or with multiple cars.

If I were you and you have the means to do so...I would be looking into some cameras that can be hidden and can record what goes on IN and AROUND your home when you are not there. I would add small pieces of clear tape onto doorframes, then when you get home check them and see if they have been disturbed. Even something as simple and unassuming as a leaf from a tree being placed on the top of a door so if it were to be opened it would fall off. Then you would know if somone let themselves in when you were not home.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

My gut instinct is that somebody you personally know has hired this PI. A lot of people hire detectives to figure out if spouses are still faithfull and so on... It does not explain why he took pictures of your house and truck though. Maybe that is his routine and he was waiting to see who was coming to visit you so that he could take pictures of you throught the window.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Honestly... the fame of this website.. it would be a very logical place to come if you wanted to keep tabs on people that "knew a bit too much" not to do anything... but just to listen... I know the police in our city microphone alot of places downtown and other places.. its highly illegal but they never intend on using what they record in court... its kinda like they know when and where to be kinda thing...

I believe its like this.. if they know the "lie" gets to the point where its getting out.. which it seems to be... then they'd rather have control over it then watch it happen and say "well that sucks" kinda thing.. so it makes sense they'd want to monitor a place like this which attracts all the truth seekers like a magnet..

just be careful! better yet.. try and get evidence of some tool like that taking a picture of yer car or something real ominous like that.. make copies and spread em around.. why not they like to scare us scare em back LOL

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Don't know if it has been mentioned yet or not, I only read the first and last page, but you should consider that you are being monitored by professional burglars.

They are taking pictures to get the layout of your house, find some entry points, see if there are any security features noticable, figure out when you are not home, etc.

Have you received a lot of phone calls recently where the phone rings, you pick it up, and nobody is there? I know this trend is drastically on the rise with telemarketing systems doing this, but this is also a common way for burglars to find out if you are home or not.

Personally I would sleep a little less easy and keep some form of weapon on my bedside for the next few weeks, maybe find a more hidden place for some of your valuables in the house for the time being.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I have had a couple of women stop by my house...I am thinking they want me..why else would they stop by my house
...lol. Then again I am not paranoid...so they could have been looking on a map for directions....or was that a some top secret agenda they looked at...hmmm.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by riggs2099]

[edit on 20-7-2008 by riggs2099]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Just a theory:

If you really are vocal about your views in politics then you probably are on some kind of watch list. This is only a theory of mine but you are probably WAY TO ACCURATE with one of your theories and someone wants to discredit you by lowering your credibility.

I have personally used this approach with one of my own neighbors who was a problem so if it works for me I am sure that it works for the government. I had a neighbor that wanted to be way involved in my life and once he started telling me how to park my car I thought it was time to take action. I didn't want any trouble or revenge, i just wanted him GONE. I started by pretending to take pictures with my cell phone and if he would look in my direction I would act startled. I would then totally ignore his children whenever they would try to talk to me (totally crule considering they were really great kids) but would act totally normal to him in conversation. A few "acidental " phone hang ups when he would call and everything went as I hoped.

He started spouting off to the rest of the neighborhood and eventually he was viewed as a total nut job. He moved out of his home a year later and I am not at all missing him. I think that his environment here in this neighborhood became hostile to his controlling behavior that he had to move. I don't know if it was me that caused it, but the fact is that HE IS GONE!

If a simple minded dillhole like myself could pull this off, imagine what "someone" could do to you with the right resources. My suggesstion to you would be to not become the nut job. Your credibility is on the line and EXTREME ACTIONS WILL MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE THE BAD GUY. Stay strong and keep us posted.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I government agent type would be driving a dark nondescript sedan, USA made. He would have stared you down in his sunglasses and left the area after you exited the building. A PI wouldn't have been so obvious. My guess is Realtor, Insurance agent, etc. Tell your landlord.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join