It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable event just happened to me

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

If it was the Google Squad taking pictures for the Google street view, it still seems weird they just drove off fast as the OP stated.

Maybe they felt threatened and/or scared they saw the OP taking pics. of his house. This seems like a more reasonable explanation than the federal government spying on someone who has no criminal record is just a regular guy who seems like an average American.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791
This seems like a more reasonable explanation than the federal government spying on someone

The government is not that sloppy... A PI maybe but not a spook

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It could have been these things :

Positive version which means your life is NOT in any risk :

• Your Landlady is going behind your back and is trying to set up a plan where she'll get rid of you so others (those people you saw) could come live there after you're gone.

• These people WERE taking pictures for future burglary, so yours might not have been the only one in their sight.

• Some environmental group is checking up on your property. Freaked when he saw you seeing him.

• Someone ratted you out, claiming you did something cause they don't like you. A bad Grudge.

• Maybe something in your house, or around it, is cause for concern. Perhaps they want to build a passage way for new cables via your property, electrical signals might be too strong or low. These people might be Sight Inspectors for different companies who check up on anything from Billboards to Power lines etc.

The bad and unlikely scenario :

• You've upset, angered someone here who's been able to find you via some means and report you to the police or gov.

• Someone is in the plans to set you up. If they can find enough info on you etc. they might have a better chance to build a fake story and frame you. Why? Because you don't have to have done ANYTHING at all to get their attention, they just have a story that needs to come out and you might have been picked as the lead in that story. Or rather the victim. Though you are on this site a lot and they might think they've found a good patsy.

• They think you know something, by something you've once written, so they are keeping an eye out for you, meaning they're collecting data on you.

• You're a victim of social deletion, where you're not going to exist after a small accident happens which naturally is planned.

NOTE!!!
NOTE!!!
AND
NOTE!!!

The bottom part is the FANTASTICAL possibilities! Remember that, it's not MORE likely, even though you might be afraid or paranoid. It's not MORE likely that this is what might be. But just other things to think about. Just not seriously.

You should limit your visit to this site, check your mails (any opened before you get em), make sure your trash isn't looked through, look for specific type of people. Play their game towards them. BUT stop if nothing comes up. If nothing comes up, don't continue cause you'll just be feeding your paranoia.

Keep it short lived on who you look for. If you're in doubt, ask us or me and we'll talk about if it's a Gov. person. Don't ruin your days thinking about this if it's nothing.

I could tell you what to look for, the trademarks of certain secret surveillance. But I don't want to hear you say "THAT'S JUST WHAT THEY ARE DOING!". I want you to tell me and if I see something that's a sign, I'll tell you if you're in trouble.

Just try NOT to get carried away with this. A lot of people come through my office with such stories. Trust me, only a very few actually have something and even those are not at all the people he or she feared them to be.

For now, Keep an eye out and don't waste your time on this.

Good luck

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Element-115

Does this mean everyone should limit their visitation to this site?! 'Cause this is creeping me out! If what you say is in fact so, then we may all be expecting some kind of visit like this soon! I mean, isn't there those who have been on this site for a couple of years? Wouldn't they have reported some gritty topic like this by now?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The man took a picture of the truck.To me that would be an indication someone wants to keep an eye on him.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParaFreaky
If what you say is in fact so, then we may all be expecting some kind of visit like this soon! I mean, isn't there those who have been on this site for a couple of years? Wouldn't they have reported some gritty topic like this by now?

Well I have has such a visit... and it was through my participation at ATS..

He drove a yellow van... not your standard black van... and he had the appropriate DoD stickers in the window... (three actually :wow

And I did let him into the house... actually several meetings over a few days...

But I am still here
and they haven't sent the Storm Troopers.... yet

Nice Going Element 115 That post lives up to your avatar for sure
I can see the panic forming already

[edit on 19-7-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

If what you say is in fact so, then we may all be expecting some kind of visit like this soon! I mean, isn't there those who have been on this site for a couple of years? Wouldn't they have reported some gritty topic like this by now?

Well I have has such a visit... and it was through my participation at ATS..

He drove a yellow van... not your standard black van... and he had the appropriate DoD stickers in the window... (three actually :wow

And I did let him into the house... actually several meetings over a few days...

But I am still here
and they haven't sent the Storm Troopers.... yet

Nice Going Element 115 That post lives up to your avatar for sure
I can see the panic forming already

[edit on 19-7-2008 by zorgon]

Wait a minute! Are you just saying that to scare me?! 'Cause I hope you're not telling the truth!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Does this mean everyone should limit their visitation to this site?! 'Cause this is creeping me out! If what you say is in fact so, then we may all be expecting some kind of visit like this soon! I mean, isn't there those who have been on this site for a couple of years? Wouldn't they have reported some gritty topic like this by now?

Like your Avatar...

People here, swarm left and right with accusations. The government doesn't sit in a room and read all of our stories and comments. But a general computer system is in place, where it filters through a massive amount of info on this site, to a certain degree it might even build a limited profile of some of you. It picks up on certain words and it starts following it, linking people to it and if a handle comes up too often, it sets off an alarm. Once the alarm is sat off, it's then printed, cleared up so it makes sense to those who'll give the order to gather real life info on a person. This takes some time.

There is a BIGGER risk of the members here being malicious, vengeful or simply mean and would report someone on this site to the local office to keep an eye out for them. This is usually how it would sound "Hello, My name is Such and Such, I live in such and such (they don't lie because, they think by being honest they'll get off of the list.) Then they say that you've been surfing the web and woops, found a site with interesting topics. Then they say, I love Sci Fi so when I saw UFO I thought it was nice Movie site, so I joined up. TO my surprise I realized that some (here come the magic word) UNAMERICAN activities are taking place, I find it disturbing and possibly threatening to our national security if terrorists are looking to find out more about the US.

At this point the office would say, do you have someone that you know is posting such things? He'd say, yes... I believe his handle is something umm Icebreaker or something... let me check... yes it's icebreaker. I hope 'we' (now he thinks he's apart of the team) caught him in time. Then they say goodbye the ATS member feels good about him self for getting back at someone who he doesn't like OR is paranoid about.

But here's the truth...

The conversation is recorded and the first thing that happens is that the office looks at the CALLER'S ID and profile which is made right then and there if isn't done before. Once that is done and they feel he's not a kook, they'll check out the person in question, take a look, log on, look through the posts he's made and then... filter through.

If it comes out POSITIVE, they interact with them first (phantom user who asks questions and sees if they might know something or not. If they don't then it's closed, life goes on but the Caller's profile is still in the database. IF however it's POSITIVE and they can trace some vital info to this member, they'll start building the real life profile and ultimately catch him and make sure this won't happen again.

So are there ACTIVELY agents on this site? Umm... let's just say maybe... but then I can add... it's only for they amusements sake.

So... don't let this worry you. Just don't pretend to be something you're not cause that will certainly put the loop on you.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
...no reason for a PI to be trailing me since I have been in the same spot for almost four years and am relatively easy to find...

Well, I don't know your situation but everything you stated was almost exactly what happened to me when I had a PI following me during my parent's divorce.

I would suggest thinking very, very hard. My mother and I had lived in that home for over ten years so the fact you have lived in your home for four years really doesn't mean anything.

The same thing would happen to us. A man would be casing us and taking photos but would take off whenever we spotted him. It scared the hell out us of because we were both attractive females living alone after my father left. Then it turned out my own father (lol) hired a PI to investigate my mother and I ended up getting caught in the crossfire. So, you never know.

I'm not saying that is what is going on in your case but that is what it sounds like to me. It really sounds like a PI and the not-so-inconspicuous ways they follow their prey.

Good luck.

[edit on 7/19/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
wow sounds fishy to me! I guess you just got to be ready for the next time this happens, if there is a next time!
Peace and love, K.W!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Please understand I'm trying to juxtapose the obvious, by saturating it. I do NOT want anyone to start PANICKING. That was not how the message was meant to be read.

I'm just saying, be mindful of your surroundings. It doesn't have to do anything to do with this place. It might have been a group of criminals or it might have been from the council. Don't get scared... save your energy. If you know you're innocent you're going to me ok. Also, you've written your story here, which in a way serves as proof if it happened the way you say it did. IF, your entire story is deleted and maybe even your membership... then you could start getting worried. But once more... DO NOT GET PARANOID!

Alright?

Watch a good movie and forget about it... We'll talk about this again in 2 months and if you still feel like this, you should give me a list of things you do in your day from the moment you wake up and go to bed. Tell me the usual things you do and just mail me instead of posting here. We should go private with this issue then. But I think you're going to be just fine.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I'm sorry to hear you ended up in the middle of all of that mess Ashley. It happens so often and it's horrible to see when children are caught in the middle.

If you look anything like your avatar, I'd say it's cause talent scouts are out to get you. But sadly it's a more depressing turn of events, and for that I'm sorry to hear that.

But thank you for sharing your story which is in fact also very relevant to this one. It might be that PI's are looking for something, someone, or working for someone who's got a plan. But it doesn't have to be serious.

PI's have become sloppy and most of them are amateurs, doing a horrible job. They are useless most of the times, we see them quite often making a mess and having to pay for it.

But thanks for sharing your story with us Ashley.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
dude dont worry so much this should calm you down if someone has not explainied the reason this has happened to you is becuase of this: GOOGLE NEW STREET VIEW www.abovetopsecret.com...

dude you owe me big time i could get killed by my higher ups for just telling you this i work for google the guy who took the photo told about this over dinner and a beer! his name is ted and both thought it was pretty funny sorry it was at your expense but we didn't laugh that long or that hard but it was pretty funny i bet you dint think it was funny in fact now that you know the truth i bet you want to punch Ted in the face. you may think its wrong or a threat like others on this board but think have a street level view i kind of cool, convenient sorry for the invasion of privacy i would will bring it up at the next board meeting in fact i can even foward a letter to upper management for you. you will be heard but its unlikly it will be changed you might be able to sue and have your pic-house blurred but i think that is reserved only for military people, celebritys you know important people heck you know might house aint on there i work for them im on the inside your not sorry dude maybee if you pay -up we can remove it. oh and dont blame me im not a thug this isn't the mofia blaim upper management. actually it the mofia is nothing more than a group of people and goolge corp is a group of people so yea yea dealing with the mofia and that means $$$ power respect you know deal

[edit on 19-7-2008 by truthseekerpeacemaker]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Thank you!
I guess that makes more sense than government agents visiting people at random just because of what they take part in. (Well, y'know, innocent things; not terrorism or anything of that sort that'll surely get you into trouble. Especially in these times.) So basically, as long as I don't say this or that about myself that is not in actuallity and is malicious in nature, I will not be expecting anyone photographing my home. Funny, I got so worked up over nothing!

What about BlackOps719's situation? There still seems to be no logicality in the situation. Lest there be something we don't know...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
that sounds weird but it sounds almost like you may have been in a car accident ir other type of car related problem

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It could be real estate people. Since the housing market went down the drain, they are looking for people who want/need to get out of their house. I had people driving in my driveway, sitting there, looking around, clipboards, etc.. They apparently didn't get out because I have a dog that sounds pretty nasty, like he's about to go through the window. I'd see them look his way, then close the car door. I found out who they were when they pulled up at my neighbor's house and said they were looking for people who wanted to sell their house. They asked him if he knew me, he said yes, then they asked for my phone number and the idiot gave it to them!!! He "hoped I didn't mind." I didn't answer my phone for a month.

Of course this doesn't explain the unmarked van with the cherry picker, and the guy, with no uniform--plain shirt, working on the lines at 0200 one morning. Hmmm...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Im experiencing something that began as what you are saying.

Six months on im being followed everywhere and I only took notice of it when my work colleagues mentioned it.

UK based.

Im still trying to figure out what I have done other than visit this site?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaFreaky

One thing at a time... Deal with this and then move on to other topics (real life topics not forum topics).

Just a note though...

Try not using BIG words in any of your responses. Don't say code-names over and over, don't say YOU KNOW THIS (when you in fact don't), don't say YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO DOES KNOW THIS....

Most of all, try to not use words such as the ones you hear on TV a lot that starts with the letter T and has a ism in it.

Think before you type and then you'll be ok.

People who like to use code words, names and black op call signs, often use it excessively as if they own the rights to say it. Or as if they've been apart of it. OR they know something legitimate about it.

Let the OP post the words and questions... let people respond to it without repeating the code names a thousand times. This will help you keep the seeker computers off of your back for a while. So if we say CLOVERFIELD, you say... CF. CF can be a memory card etc. Don't use the exact words to display what you are asking or talking about.

It's just a note to remember.

If you use the words a lot, but then use many negatives in your post like I DON'T BELIEVE, NO, CAN'T BE, you'll eventually be a NULL point and not a target. But most people are NOT targets anyway.

Remember they have to have a VERY good reason to come here. Trust me they don't.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
RELAX!!! I hate to burst your mystery bubble, but first a question: Did you happen to buy your house sometime in the past 2 years? If so, it's highly likely the man you saw was nothing more sinister than a hapless REAL ESTATE APPRAISER!! I've been an appraiser for over 10 years, and this story sure rung a bell for me. I personally had a guy chase me down and nearly run me off the road after snapping a pic of his property!! Here's the thing: when we appraise a subject property, we often must take street photos of comparable homes in the neighborhood that have sold in previous months. The photo then goes into an appraisal report, which contains ONLY the data specific to the REAL ESTATE and it's previous SALE. So I assure you, it's NOT about YOU!! Now, the reason the poor sob took off is because he didn't feel like enduring another time consuming confrontation with another paranoid home owner; hence, having to go through the same long disertation as to who he is, why he's taking a picture of the house, what he needs it for, bla bla bla bla. After all, he's NOT a criminal, he's duly licensed, and there is simply NOTHING illegal about taking a photo of someones house!! Most of the time we can get the pics off the local assessors web site (or MLS) anyway. But not always, and in those cases, we must unfortunately take an actual physical photo, which can get dicely in an increasingly edgy & paranoid society. Hope this explanation helps to calm your jitters!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join