It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont see the point

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I first came here to ATS to learn about ancient peoples, but quickly started looking at all the other threads.

One thing that I can say is that if you read enough on this website, you will become a very depressed person. Its just like watching a soap opera, all drama, doom, and gloom!

People have been saying since people could talk that the sky is going to fall, just because we have instant communications with masses of people now (internet) doesnt mean we should spread stupid theories about the end of the world!

Seriously, when I was in college, the only people that would contribute to online forums were nutjobs in themselves. Nobody took them serious in real life and they took to the interent to hide behide a computer and feel accepted by the online societies.

Lets face it, we are all going to die sometime. Nobody lives forever...PERIOD. So my question is, does the way we die even matter? I dont think so. Nothing lives forever......

Dark Knight, have fun on your 3 year camping trip, save your gold and we will see you on January 1st, 2013.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusadorsSeriously, when I was in college, the only people that would contribute to online forums were nutjobs in themselves. Nobody took them serious in real life and they took to the interent to hide behide a computer and feel accepted by the online societies.

This thread is a contribution to this online forum, which by your reasoning makes you nuttier than squirrel sh*t. Nevertheless, we accept you on behalf of this online society

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think you will fit in very well with all the other nutjobs at ATS.

It is fun being a nutjob, why be normal like the majority.

Normal...what is normal

You show me normal and I'll see a nutjob

take care all
res

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corum

Originally posted by crusadorsSeriously, when I was in college, the only people that would contribute to online forums were nutjobs in themselves. Nobody took them serious in real life and they took to the interent to hide behide a computer and feel accepted by the online societies.

This thread is a contribution to this online forum, which by your reasoning makes you nuttier than squirrel sh*t. Nevertheless, we accept you on behalf of this online society

Thats sure is true.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The point is to spread and learn people's ideas and opinions form around the world.

But as seen on some threads, there are hoaxers, ignorant members, and brash people who make this website lose it's status and reputation.

But there are also a lot of threads worth reading where members do tell the truth, you get to learn new stuff, and maybe even change your mind about a topic (whether skeptic to believer or vise versa).

monster, out..

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by crusadors

I would normally offer you a hole where to hide your head from reality, but all of the holes have been taken by most of my friends, my neighbors, and my co-workers. Only a little few can see straight in their eyes the awful situation the economy is in, gas going up every hour of every day, governments cleaning their fannies with the constitutions of our countries, the erosion of our freedoms, and our diminishing purchasing power.

Constitution should prevail. People prefer to hide their heads or shut their eyes tight.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
OK...Huge topic on ATS is the immergence of China on the world market. It seems that every American is concerned about this. China is blamed for all the American woes.

Let me make this a simple as possible, as long as Americans buy Chinese made consumables, China will continue to ship them over.

If Americans really cared about there manufacturing and industry jobs, they would only buy "Made in America" products.

The truth is, not too many Americans care! Just look at Wal-Mart, Costco, Meijers, and Target. These businesses do the majority of there deals with China companies. Look at America as a whole, importing patent breaking products from China.

Until we as consumers change are buying habits, China will continue to grow financially stronger.

I myself have boycotted Wal-Mart. I havent shopped there in about a year now. However, its very hard to buy the things I want (electronics) from American companies. For instance, I carry an Iphone made by an American company but manufactured in China.

I live in Ohio, this state use to be an American Car manufacturer dream state. Very close to Detroit with support companiens (delphi) and such dotted all across the midwest. Now, I see mainly Japanese made vehicles. If Americans really cared, and really wanted to change the way America competes on the global markets, we as a nation would buy only domestically built cars! Truth is, they have tarnished their reputation for reliability and the Japanese have capitalized on GM and Ford's inability to design a reliable car.

American needs to wake up and quit buying useless junk from China! We are making them what they are today.

I have a friend from Russia who says that Russians buy very few consumables from China. Russia still manufactures everyday items domestically and supports themselves and most of Europe. Matter of fact, Europeans shun China made products. I think we need to do the same!

top topics

join