It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Synthetic Pot as a Military Weapon? Meet the Man Who Ran the Secret Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
"Dr. James Ketchum tested a potent form of synthetic marijuana on soldiers to develop a secret weapon in the '60s. Now he's telling the tale."

I found this to be an absolutely fascinating article, covering quite a lot of ground. It's well worth a look if you find such topics interesting.

Article

As you know, the T&C's regarding topics such as this are quite stringent. Please keep your personal anecdotes to yourself.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The most likely reaction to such a "Madness gas" would be......you guessed it...........

MUNCHIES!

I would predict that every corner store would sell out of Doritos, grape and orange soda, zig-zags, water, snickers bars, and ben and jerry's ice cream!

It would most definitely be a weapon, everyone would be sitting on their couch playing x-box, and eating their stock-piled-munchie-food!

I really don't think anyone would be afraid however....

"Dude, when is that plane gonna spread that smoke again?"

[edit on 19-7-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Sigh......

It is posts such as that which are the reason that topics on this subject get removed from the forum. Is it hopeless to expect a serious discussion on this topic?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK
Is it hopeless to expect a serious discussion on this topic?

Entirely!

Im sorry, I couldnt help myself!

At least I left the "I" out of it!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
IMA beat me to the punch but some weaponized pot sounds pretty fun!!!!
The stronger the better. The citizens of our enemies would be forever hungry and their arthritus would feel better... doesnt really sound like a weapon but more like a gift!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
OP

We are only trying to get it removed before any "I" people start posting!

You should be thanking us

*Waiting for serious discussion*

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
OP

We are only trying to get it removed before any "I" people start posting!

Gee thanks for looking out man....it's not everyday that someone helps me out by admittedly trying to get my thread trashed.

Ummmm.......thanks.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
That was a very interesting article, thanks for sharing.

I really like the idea of using THC as a non-lethal weapon, even on our own people. It sure beats rubber bullets or tear gas. What a great way to calm a rioting crowd! I can see it being used in many situations..prisons, protests gone wrong, Waco-type standoffs..what if they developed an easy to use individual application method? It could replace tasers! Like the article says, nobody has ever died from a THC overdose, unlike the taser which has caused perfectly healthy people to drop dead.

I really wonder why the Chemical Corps decided that THC would not be useful in a "battlefield situation". The article doesn't go into detail on that at all. I guess I can see some possible issues with dosing a group of people who already have guns in their hands. Hard to tell what would happen..

I think it is unfortunate that the project was scrapped.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this.

I had no idea there was such research. Almost everyone's heard of the experimentation done with '___' by the government, but this is a new one to me. Though, when you think about it, it makes sense. You want a docile enemy, dose em' with something that mellows them out. The experiments with the dog suprised me though, not because it was an animal (as is to be expected in government testing), but because it was given in such high doses to the dog. Dog's metabolize faster than we do, and therfore have an increased sensitivity to things like THC when ingested. It's no wonder the dog freaked out and hallucinated. (THC is a hallucinagen in high enough doses, which I also suspect was part of their interest in concentrating the doses - making people hallicinate.)

Great post. Long, informative article. *Star for you my friend.*

top topics

join