It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blind and Ill Woman Tased by Ohio Police

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

I was just reading that one a few minutes ago while I was running a search for the examples of children being tased. It just really perplexes me that these people are not confident enough in their training that they can't take down and neutralize a person who is not exactly a "physical specimen" without jumping on the electric-shock bandwagon...

Sigh.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
can honestly say things like this make me happy when they get shot....

Wow, cops are subject to human failure just like anyone, so some cop is dirty or does something like this and that is justification for your enjoyment when some random cop gets shot and killed that may or may not have been one of the good guys. Because allthough it is sort of popular to hate on "pigs", a lot of them are the good guys and we need them more than we need politicians.

A lot of our innocent protectors get murdered in the line of duty every day and you are a very sick individual.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Is it possible that tasing this women was a safer alternative for everyone involved rather than attempting to physically subdue her which could put unnecessary strain on her joints and bones as well as capture the police's attention when they do not know what lingers beyond the doorway. Tasers are desinged to subdue without danger, maybe they don't always work that way but cry me a river, 49 is still a respectable age and far from the point of being dibillitating. And my neighbor is deemed "legaly blind" aswell, yet with a pair of glasses they can still see and drive even.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
But see, this "designed to subdue without danger" is a fallacy, put out by the MAKERS of these devices. Fact of the matter is a lot of folkls have DIED from the use of these devices. Your heart and brain run on specific electrical impulses, flooding the system with massive amounts of electricity is playing russian roulette with a person's heart, and brain.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

If that is true about tasers and I can see it being true, it makes sense. But wouldn't people, private or gov't have done tests and so forth to determine the hazards of tasers. Maybe when they first came out, but why are they deemed a safe alternative to physical violence if they are in fact not. Are their modern test studies?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
You know i'm usually fair about tasers when some people are screaming misuse i can defend it when an officer feels their life in danger. However from reading the story it sounds as if this woman, whilst "combative" wasn't exaclty a difficult person to subdue without resorting to tasers. I'm beginning to think that some, and i repeat some, officers are so scared of getting hurt in any way they resort to the taser.

For gods sake if you don't know how to subdue a sick, blind woman with standard restraint techniques, then what hope have you got in a situation when you don't have chance to reach for the taser?

Pathetic.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

Problem is, even the "safety testing" trials are the subject of vested interests:

www.usatoday.com...

www.indybay.org...

Then you've got cardiologists basically saying these devices can easily trigger cardiac arrest:

www.infowars.net...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Thats some scary stuff there especially when they have no idea if someone has heart problems before tasing. Guess it would be a good idea that they limit their use to more serious conflicts. But it will surely have to have a cap be put on it eventually if or when the lawsuits and wrongful deaths start stacking up.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

About your comment on children being tasered- It's already happened, I'm sad to say.

11 year old girl tasered

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This pease of # better thank his god that, that waswn't my mom. beleave this cop I have lived my life, have you lived yours. This # under my feet would be this cop. thats was more people need to do to these criminal with guns

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
All I can say is what do you expect in Dayton?

Armpit of Ohio.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Why wait for the number of deaths to stack up? If one person dies that should be an automatic heads up for any device being used against the public. No excuses. It is really dissapointing that we would have to wait until the deaths stack up until action is taken. However, I must admit I am just speculating so please search the statistics.

-Joe-

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

This kind of police behavior simply disgusts me. I am an ex-police officer and the widow of a police officer, and still have relatives and friends on the force.
Obviously, law enforcement is attracting a lower class of individual than in my day.
Gives the word Pig a whole new meaning.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This is just sickening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And cops wonder why they have a bad reputation. Not all cops a re bad but these pieces of lower than whale s------------------cops ruin it for the good ones. the problem is if this facisim gets worse than the good ones will end up bad just by peer pressure.

Personally I hate tazers. everybody should go to youtube and search Fight Science Taser. They shoot an ex Navy SEAL with one (his goal is to over power it, he feels if you concentrate hard enough you can) so he gets the taser, his body locks up and then ----well just watch the video.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
SOME police men and women make it very hard not to hate and despise ALL police men and women. No compassion and fear come to mind (possibly lazyness and some type of sadistic satisfaction) within these police men and womens' minds. If they had compassion and empathy, then maybe this event would have never occurred. I say all this with granting that the story is 100 percent true of course.

-Joe-

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

The problem is that "SOME" is getting more and more frequent, that it might as well be ALL.

This is not a rare thing. This is NOT something that just happens once in a while, by the rare kook. This IS HAPPENING more and more. Everyday there is another story of how police are over extending their authority over normal citizens.

I predict that within 25 years, we will witness in the US what is just starting to happen in Britain. Citizens everywhere will start rising up against the police. At first, it will be performed by some really disturbed folks. But then you will begin to see something like what happened to this lady, only the ending being that the cop got his butt handed to him, after normal law abiding citizens give him an old fashioned bully beat down.

This is starting to happen in England, and I believe it will start happening here in the US. Although, I'd give it 25 years.

The real sadness about this is that, the police serve a vital function in our society. Namely, protecting us from criminals, but more and more I see this level of ineptitude whereby the question becomes

"You were put here to protect us, but who protects us from YOU?"

If you had to have as much education to serve as a policeman as you do a doctor, this wouldn't happen.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This sort of thing is nothing new along with botched military-style drug raids where the first thing they do is shoot the dog, baby, unarmed citizen, armed citizen who thought criminals were breaking in, etc. Plenty of instances of old people dying of cardiac arrest out of fright when these thugs bust into the wrong house because they didn't investigate before deciding to go shoving an automatic weapon in someone's face. Sometimes they shoot a bunch of people dead only turn up a small bag of weed all on the word of some girlfriend's cousin that saw pot growing on the property only to find out it was really a Japanese maple.

A ridiculous raid like this took place near where I live. It was verified as true by calling one of the local stations (they had a video segment on it) but suppressed since it wasn't broadcast now was it in the papers that I was aware of.

It is quite likely that they're just manufacturing an excuse after the fact and The Blue Brotherhood will back them up no matter what.

Edit: If people are truth seekers around here why are so many surprised at this sort of occurrence? Information about this sort of misconduct has been available for years.

Reason Magazine's Radley Balko seems to specialize in collecting instances of botched police raids.

See Botched Paramilitary Police Raids

[edit on 19-7-2008 by EnlightenUp]

Edit some typos.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Hang the hell on, you have no idea about that police attack in england. Look at my earlier post, i'm against the taser against this woman, but in england this attack on police officers was awful. All they did was ask, quite politely acccording to witnesses to ask a child to pick up her litter. The police were set upon by a gang of teenage hooligans. This is not about control, at least in that situation.

I don't want hooligans to be the judges of society, these are the scum of the earth, with no care for you or i.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Why did this happen, and how was she unco-operative with Police? What reason did they have for tasing her, what did she do to deserve this? Do you have any more information about this story?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I don't post often, and I do not condone the use of tasers by police. In fact, I think too many cops take their jobs the wrong way, and come across like bullies on steroids.

HOWEVER, I am legally blind in one eye and do not need glasses to drive.

So, while I think excessive force has been used, I also think the media is stirring the pot again.
We don't need anything but fair and unbiased reporting about these disgusting taser incidents.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

As former resident of Ohio I am not in the least bit surprised by the actions of the Dayton police. They have a long and disturbing history of abuses and are rarely punished. It seems to me that police all over this country have crossed the line from "To Protect and Serve", to "Harass And Bully". I think its time we started shooting back.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join