It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The face of things to come?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

The face of things to come?

www.cnn.com

Zimbabwe's troubled central bank introduced new $100 billion banknotes Saturday in a desperate bid to ease the recurrent cash shortages plaguing the inflation-ravaged economy.As high as they are, though, the new bills still aren't enough to buy a loaf of bread. They can only buy four oranges.

The new note is equal to just one U.S. dollar

Once-prosperous Zimbabwe has seen an unprecedented economic meltdown since it gained independence in 1980, with the official inflation rate now at 2.2 million percent.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Is this what we will see when the Fed Reserve collapses?

www.cnn.com

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea

Is this what we will see when the Fed Reserve collapses?

www.cnn.com

The answer is no. What is the basis for your attempt to connect what happens in Zimbabwe with what happens, or would happen here? Or is this just another fear-mongering attempt?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

If you are implying that ANY system can continue forever....then you are sadly mistaken.

My question is still valid. Do we have hyperinflation to look foreward too when it collapses?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
A Loaf of Bread at Safeway 200.00 USD?

Possible.

However, the local farmers that they are trying to railroad will be once again the ones that will save the American population and its alies.

Support your local growers! Keep them in business, and you will never have to starve the way Africa and other 3rd world countries have.

We can learn from other less fortunate and less powerful nations. It is NOT our fedral reserve or our politicians that have made this country what it is, it is our people, and in the end no matter what we will prevail.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
$100,000,000,000 notes!!! ha!

I had a few 1,000,000 Turkish notes once (till I gave em to kids to play with) but 100 billion?? wow, I might just have to rock on down to the bureau de change and see if I cant get me a few of those!

You never know Zimbabwe's fortunes could take a massive U turn and I'll be quids in

new topics

top topics

join