It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing begins massive Olympic shutdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Beijing begins massive Olympic shutdown

news.yahoo.com

BEIJING - Beijing's Olympic shutdown begins Sunday, a drastic plan to lift the Chinese capital's gray shroud of pollution just three weeks ahead of the games.

Half of Beijing's 3.3 million vehicles will be pulled off the roads and many polluting factories will be shuttered. Chemical plants, power stations and foundries left open have to cut emissions by 30 percent — and dust-spewing construction in the capital will be halted.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I find this story incredible. To artificially manipulate pollution levels to impress foreign visitors and spectators. Of course it is publicized to help the atheletes??? What about normal citizens do they deserve clean air to breathe???

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Chinese people only have to breathe enough to remain productive - Then die at a an appropriate age before they become a burden on society, you see the pollution is carefully calibrated to this end

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well considering the Olympics is just a modern form of Gladiators killing each other thought up by the evil romans, it doesn't surprise me.Its nothing about the people its all about glorifying the evil idols and god like emperors.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Being_From_Earth

Errrrm no..
Olympics.. Olympia.. Greek...

The clue's in the name..

A few Greek myths on why they started.. who cares? they're cool.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So what will be the economic impact of all this temporary green thinking? I would imagine that those chinease citizens are already having a tough time earning a living. With this pollution control measure... they might just go broke enough to riot...

No Olympics in 08.

Titor prediction.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
So what will be the economic impact of all this temporary green thinking? I would imagine that those chinease citizens are already having a tough time earning a living. With this pollution control measure... they might just go broke enough to riot...

No Olympics in 08.

Titor prediction.

Well....Titor has only this last chance to have ANY of his predictions come true. Of course the ilk will just claim that it was a universe divergance or some crap to explain away another false icon.

new topics

top topics

join