It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi PM backs Obama troop exit plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Iraqi PM backs Obama troop exit plan

www.reuters.com

BERLIN (Reuters) - Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki told a German magazine he supported prospective U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's proposal that U.S. troops should leave Iraq within 16 months.

In an interview with Der Spiegel released on Saturday, Maliki said he wanted U.S. troops to withdraw from Iraq as soon as possible.

"U.S. presidential candidate Barack Obama talks about 16 months. That, we think, would be the right timeframe for a withdrawal, with the possibility of slight changes."

It is the first time he has backed the withdrawal timetable put forward by Obama, who is visiting Afghanistan and us set to go to Iraq as part of a tour of Europe and the Middle East.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I bet John McCain spit his coffee all over his paper when he read this.

Why the neo-cons and the other idiotlogues who run the bush misadministration ever thought that we would be welcome to stay in Iraq indifinitely after the ouster of Saddam is beyond me... common sense would suggest otherwise... but then they are driven my idiotlogy not common sense.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I made a thread about this a week or so ago. Didn't get much interest going. I guess when you have nothing good to say about the republicans, the republicans just don't say anything at all. Here is a link to my thread.

Thanks for bringing the issue up again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

Yeah thats why they're called ditto heads... they don't want to see or read anything that contrdicts their preconcived notions.

new topics

top topics

join