It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Found on the Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Source

I don't know if there's a post about this already..
What do you think?

Though the moon has many seas, scientists thought it was dry.

They were wrong.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Woohoo!

..and the polar caps are made of what ..vanilla icing?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
What's really sad about this is that, had they simply admitted this fact decades ago, when it became very clear there was water ice on the moon, we would be exploiting it's presence industrially NOW, The hydrogen assets alone would have brought us into the future we deserved, instead of ... this.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
what pretty annoys me is, that the Apollo 11 orbited the moon before they landed on it. from the 'leaked' tape we have, we only can suspect about the existence of aliens there.. and they said nothing about water

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Wasn't John Lear ridiculed for talking about the moon having water? News like this is frustrating because it just makes me wonder even more about what we AREN"T being told.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
What's really sad about this is that, had they simply admitted this fact decades ago, when it became very clear there was water ice on the moon, we would be exploiting it's presence industrially NOW, The hydrogen assets alone would have brought us into the future we deserved, instead of ... this.

Uhhh...the water there can be used for creating a self-refueling station of some sort, not for creating fuel here on Earth. We have plenty of water here to do that.

If you mean it would have advanced hydrogen technology much faster though, then by all means I agree.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde

Originally posted by Maxmars

Uhhh...the water there can be used for creating a self-refueling station of some sort, not for creating fuel here on Earth. We have plenty of water here to do that.

If you mean it would have advanced hydrogen technology much faster though, then by all means I agree.

The latter, not the former. We could have had, by now, have a thriving moon-based industry and a new frontier to look towards. Instead we're trapped with lagging fossil fuel technology and wealth-crazed power whores screwing up the works!

top topics

join