It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is time slower for us because our galaxy has a black hole?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
If there is a super massive black hole in the center of the galaxy, then is it reasonable to assume the galaxy it self is really just part of the black hole?

If the mass of the galaxy is being held in rotation by the black hole, then as you get closer to the center time should be different than the rest of the galaxy, and for those who are not in the galaxy and looking in from a distance away, time should also be faster perceptively for them than it is to us being part of the spinning mass being sucked into the black hole.

I'm just wondering if it is like this, and if there is any science that would show that simply being part of the black hole in it self would suggest a time difference from the rest of the Universe.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
forgive me if im wrong but dont all galaxies have super massive black holes?

I have heard something about time has been speeding up since july 1982 till 2012. Einstein proved that speed affects time,so maybe we are currently in a peak(like a roller coaster) in our current location in a arm of our galxay flinging us like a bat out of hell,

I sure do whish time would slow down,dont know if its just me getting older(they say time flies once your past 21),but there realy isnt enought time in the day!

new topics

join