It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Affliction Banned! and UFC Fightnight tonight 7-19-08

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
OK fight fans, it's a double night of Mayhem, with Affliction Banned! and the UFC Fight Night (playing on regular TV/Spike tonight).

Some say the Affliction Banned! card is more spectacular, but the UFC fight night card includes Anderson Silva moving up to 205 pounds to take on James Irving.
----------------
Caution, Sherdog will have spoilers here.
UFC fightnight Card
sherdog.com...

UFC Fight Night
Some of these may be undercard and untelevised fights. All are three round fights
Spike Channel at 9pm EDT.
Spike starts with an All UFC evening at about 4pm, with Unleashed and Countdown and Ultimate KOs then the fights start and run until 12pm EDT.

Dale Hartt vs. Shannon Gugerty
Brad Blackburn vs. James Giboo
Nate Loughran vs. Johnny Rees
Timothy Credeur vs. Cale Yarbrough
Brodie Farber vs. Rory Markham
Jesse Taylor vs. CB Dollaway
Kevin Burns vs. Anthony Johnson
Jake O'Brien vs. Cain Velasquez
Frank Edgar vs. Hermes Franca
Brandon Vera vs. Reese Andy
*Anderson Silva vs. James Irvin (featured fight)

----------------------

Affliction Banned! card and spoilers will be posted here:
sherdog.com...

Affliction Banned!
Some of these may be undercard and untelevised fights. All are three round fights in the except for the Fedor v Sylvia fight which will be five, five minute rounds.

Mark Hominick vs. Trenell Young
Vitor Belfort vs. Terry Martin
Gary Goodridge vs. Paul Buentello
Justin Levens vs. Ray Lazama
Mike Pyle vs. JJ Ambrose
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Edwin Dewees
Matt Lindland vs. Fabio Negao
Renato Sobral vs. Mike Whitehead
Josh Barnett vs. Pedro Rizzo
Andrei Arlovski vs. Ben Rothwell
Fedor Emelianenko vs. Tim Sylvia (five round championship fight)

I may post some spoilers here in a following thread. It will be labeled. Do NOT read if you don't want to be spoiled.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I have my DVR set to record Fight Night and merely peaking to see who came out on top between Sylvia/Fedor. I'll also be sure to avoid this thread until I manage to watch the recording tonight or tomorrow.

The UFC card isn't spectacular, but mediocrity in the UFC is much better than the elite of any other promotion. Affliction will test this tonight though.

I'm interested to see how Anderson Silva fares going up a weight class, and I can't wait to see the battle between Taylor & Dollaway. O'Brien & Velasquez should be good as well. Cain Velasquez fought at the UFC 83 event in Montreal that I attended and put a terrible beating on Brad Morris. I'm excited to see him fight again.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I can post the spoiler comments in a separate thread.

This just in: Check your local listings as some of the A-B! fights will be on CSN or FSN. Here 12am-1am.

Since (the majority of) A-B! is on PPV, I don't know how one can 'peek' in on the Fedor-Sylvia fight, unless you mean Sherdog spoilers.

It's likely to be a short fight, with Fedor getting Tim caught in something, like an armbar. Tim has been improving so he could surprise us, but I think Tim looks very out of shape. Fedor looks to be in better shape than we've seen in the past.

Oddly it will be fought in a ring.

This will favor Fedor, as you can guess, since he's used to Pride and a ring. (depends on the ring size and rope tautness and how they run the reffing, too).

Anyway, yeah, I'll have to read the Sherdog spoilers since I won't be buying the PPV. The rest of the A-B fights look like exciting match-ups, but you can't tell which fights will actually turn out to be exciting. Recently one of the prelim untelevised fights on UFC got fight of the night.

Are you surprised that Jessie Taylor or "JTMoney" got let back into the UFC so quickly (guess the TUF show was taped and over in the early Spring, so it's probably been 4 months). What a classy guy. (he did allegedly get into AA).

Ironic that now Dana has to deal with the fallout of the Rampage thing, and of course, he won't be kicking 'Page out of the UFC for not acting like a UFC class fighter. I'm sure this won't be lost on the fans or on Jesse.

I hope Dollaway wins, but he's not been so lucky lately. Probably will be a G&P smashfest with a JD going for Dollaway, if I had to guess.

Oddly, when the TUF members appear in their UFC debut they often look a lot more polished and capable, unlike their often struggling attempts in the TUF elims.

Anyway you look at it, it's a win for the viewers who will have 'all you can eat' fighting, eh? Affliction plans to show some of its fights on CSN/FSN. Check your local listings.

Edit: spelling.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Wasn't Jesse Taylor the guy who got booted for kicking out the limo window on the Ultimate Fighter show? I think he was although I haven't been following as close as I normally do. All I know is that after The Dark Knight, UFC is what I'll be watching.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kronik98

Kronik98 has guillotined the correct. JT was being way naughty in the limo. But he's joined AA and promised to be good.

Unfortunately, he's running his mouth about Rampage, and we are not amused. Now we want CB to smash.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The Spider just reminded the world why he's considered the best pound for pound fighter in the world.

I'm in awe.

GSP vs. Silva!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
The Spider just reminded the world why he's considered the best pound for pound fighter in the world.

I'm in awe.

GSP vs. Silva!

Apparently you haven't seen the 'other' fight.

When you've seen them all pop back on here.

BTW, Joe Rogan coined a term for that thing on his face. (remember?)

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Just watched it.

As little as Tim Sylvia impresses me, I guess the same has to be said for Irvin.

The one thing any MMA fan can agree on is that the future is bright.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Muay Thai for the win!

Damn Silva, just damn.

wtf was up with Vera? That fight was intermission here, lol, I never yawned before during a UFC fight... geez.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Vera was brutal last night.

Velasquez was impressive last night with another stoppage, but other than that.. I was pretty disappointed. Silva did what was to be expected, but a weak card all around. However it was put together at the drop of a dime to go up against Affliction's card. UFC 84 will be showed on Spike for free next week to go against EliteXC's card.

The next UFC event is going to be one of the all-time best.

GSP vs Fitch!
Lesnar vs Herring!
Florian vs Huerta!

Three fights that could easily be a headliner on any promotion, UFC included.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Mark your calendors now. Oct 11 in Vegas, Affliction:2 Fedor vs Arloski.

top topics

join