It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamania grips Europe ahead of visit by "John Kennedy of our time"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Barack Obama in Baghdad to meet with US commanders

BAGHDAD - A U.S. Embassy official said Democratic presidential contender Barack Obama arrived in Iraq on Monday where he will meet with commanders and troops in a war he has long opposed.

Obama was expected to meet Gen. David Petraeus as well as Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki while in the country, although aides provided few details, citing security concerns.

Woo hoo... he made it into Iraq safely. Please pray for his safety everyone... I know he has the best security in the world right now... but Iraq is a very dangerous place.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
So the Euros would overwhelmingly vote for Mr. Obama? Wow...too bad they aren't eligible to vote, huh?

Americans will, for good or ill, make the choice... If it's Mr. McCain, I wish him well, if it's Mr. Obama, I wish him well...if Mr. Bush cancels the elections (lol), I wish him (oh wait, oops), that'd suck.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

I'm sure his safety is a top priority. It's a bit scary, though. I find myself thinking of Michelle and how she must be going nuts. I know I would be. But many Americans have their loved ones there every day, not just for a visit.

I look forward to seeing the specifics about his time there.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Obama is now in Amman, Jordan

AMMAN, Jordan - Democratic presidential contender Barack Obama stepped into the thicket of Mideast politics Wednesday, declaring that neither the Israelis nor the Palestinians are strong enough internally to make the bold concessions necessary for peace.

Obama said he would work to bring the two sides together "starting from the minute I'm sworn into office." But he cautioned it is "unrealistic to expect that a U.S. president alone can suddenly snap his fingers and bring about peace in this region."

Obama begins Mideast visit, vows to work for peace

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

I much prefer he spends that first minute in office taking care of the US problems. Other than that I appreciate his candor. He could have easily said he will bring peace to region. However he admitted that even he may not be able to do that.

So far, many have tried but none have succeeded.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by jam321]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I agree Jam... but my worst fear is Israel attacking Iran, or vice versa, and kicking off WW3. None of our current domestic problems will matter if there are nukes going off everywhere. So I am glad Obama is learning, experiencing, and personally meeting all the players involved in these tense situations.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join