It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinfo agent on ATS??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Do you really have to ask yourself if there are spinners here?

Of course there are! This is like a baby spinner trainingground. lol

But I must admit, there are other boards where the disinfo agents are a LOT more up-front with their agenda. *Cough* "clubconspiracy" *Cough*

That's why I like it here. We get the sly ones.....

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Disifno agents are bad - but not nearly as bad their tools who have been trained to report on the fellow members to the mods whenever they release new information, or an opinion contrary to their own.

It has been happening more and more to a lot of users, all of which take the time and effort to write multiple paragraph posts. Most are excellent quality.

It seems as if their is a concerted effort to force the Truth Tellers off of ATS by a seemingly dedicated group of individuals who may or may not be aware of each other. I am sure others have noticed this also.

High strangeness as of late. People

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Of course there are disinformation agents on ATS. When I first found this site, I thought that it was a safe haven for people who question the officially-constructed “reality” around us. Instead, I quickly came to realize that it’s actually the online hangout of people eager to question those who question the official story. Most of the people here are so anxious to shoot down anything that conflicts with government propaganda that they’re almost frantic. Some seem to have no other occupation than waiting to pounce on threads that contain thoughts that deviate from accepted dogma. The absolute desperation with which some here cling to official conspiracy theories has convinced me that this place is crawling with dedicated disinfo agents whose only goal is to support the status quo.

Some forums here are absolutely crawling with these types. They practically run the 911 forum, to the point where nothing can be discussed. The dominance of those who oppose alternative theories and speculation on ATS has convinced me that this site exists to do exactly the opposite of what its creators claim -- it suppresses speculation and the sharing of information rather than facilitates it.

ATS has some interesting content, but its usefulness is limited by the amount of deception and anti-truth nonsense here. The only way to get anything out of it is to add the most blatant propagandists to the ignore list. Then one isn't distracted by their blather.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xenophiles

I suppose if your argument doesn't stand up to contemplative reason, you may as well blame it on someone else...heh?

Dis-info agents--a handy excuse for the inability to think for yourself.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yep, anyone that isn't paranoid, doesn't see a government conspiracy behind everything, and calls fools what they are, must be a disinfo agent, right?

Sorry, but the vast majority of the people in the USA, Canada, Great Britain, etc. would see most of the conspiracy nuts on this site as being just that, people with a very slight hold on reality.

But then again, one of the prime characteristics of the true paranoid is to believe that anyone that doesn't agree with them is an enemy.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Nothing is by accident.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldMedic

Thanks for proving my point.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

Don't feel so bad. I tried to defend myself against what you have said here, but someone must have alerted the mods to remove it. Let's see how long this post stays up.

Gark on!

[edit on 7/22/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

On second thought, I think I will take the time to re-post my reply to your accusations.

You think I care that you worked to get me banned..and then a room mate banned who you wanted the mods to believe was really me?

If I had been banned, and then allowed to come back on, I don't think I would go around talking about it. I'm glad you think so highly of me, but I have no secret or special influence over the staff here at ATS. So put your dirty laundry back in the basket.

Oh noes, that surely is proof that I am a disinformation agent. Oops, I just let my "illustrious history" out of the bag. As it has nothing to do with the topic, do it and I'll report the post for being off topic and the mods can decide.

I find it amazing that you go from complaining about your problems with the staff, to acting like you don't care, to threatening me with the staff all in one paragraph. So maybe you will complain again and have this post removed too. But if this post is really off-topic, then so is yours, because this is only a direct reply to what you have posted.

Your personal antics of getting everyone banned who you do not like doesn't prove anything except that you enjoy trolling.

Again, I have no such influence over staff decisions, nor do I care to. Do you really believe that the staff of a conspiracy board are so easily manipulated to fall for such "antics?"

Your games are quite obvious. If you were not referring to me, please pin point who else asked you for your credentials. If no one else has, and this was your proof that they were a disinformation agent, something is wrong here. That would mean you were having delusions about the board.

Make of it what you will, but I am under no obligation to share any information with the likes of you.

In any case, glad to hear you don't want to admit I'm a disinformation agent even after trying to drop hints that I was in this thread. I will make sure to change that in the future - you only do it when the person disagrees with you and you've been completely debunked in your own mind. I have more work to do!

Debunked in my own mind? What is that even supposed to mean? Are you insane? Your mind plays tricks on you, you play tricks back? Or are you simply so infuriated by my prescense that your words don't even come out straight enough to make any sense?

Anyway, we'll see if this post stands, even though I am only defending myself in direct response to your post.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegunman13

Are you a dis-info agent?

Whats that noise? Bang Bang.

Earthbear has been eliminated.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Are there disinformation agents????

There doesn't need to be, look at all the stuff posted here. I would say 75% of the "conspiracies" here are complete BS. Of the remaining 25%, maybe 15% have elements of truth, and maybe 10% are true, with some verifiable facts.

I have been called a "disinfo" agent several times. Primarily because I am a healthy skeptic, and educated. Do I beleive conspiracies exist? Sure. Do I buy into most of the stuff here, not really, maybe 25%.

Hey this gives me a thread idea.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegunman13
If one of us got close to a "truth" that "they" didn't want us to know would they do anything about it?

go to 9/11 Forum, there are so many disinfo agents

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
As the future roles around you can expect more and more provocations of one kind or another taking place to ferret out the "Patriots" for round up and extermination. One could go so far as to suspect, the very purpose of ATS, for example, might be to identity the subversives who need to be scooped up. Misplaced trust and provocation are very classic ways of facilitating the pacification of societies. Expect not just disinformation agents but provocateurs to see what kind of responses are generated and by whom.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Did you even read his question? NO ONE was accused of ANYTHING, nor did ATS get blamed for anything, he was just asking if it was possible that ATS attracts dis-info agents.

And the answer is YES.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

So, you are stating that Bush & Co. HAVE NOT been caught paying journalists to spread their propaganda?

Then you haven't been paying attention for the last 7 years, as even msm reported on that subject. I can name three so-called reporters caught and fired, discredited, for taking money to print government LIES.

You're dismissed, NEXT!!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistor

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
There is really no cause for the government to post disinformation on this site. Disinformation is contrary to a free and open society. Freedom of speech is important for all American citizens.

Contradict yourself much? Just joking.

lol you got stared 2x for saying this... I got stared once...

rofl.. By your wink I think you got the joke, but wondering by the stars how many people had it fly right over their heads...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of the disinfo I notice is of the more subtle variety. Sometimes people will pretend to support an opinion that they really oppose, and use horrible spelling, grammar and reasoning in an attempt to make people with that opinion look bad. These posters are usually fairly new and don’t last too long. I’ve also noticed my own posts being changed occasionally, to include an error. My posts are almost always quite short, and I use a word processor and proof read two or three times. There’s no doubt in my mind that the ‘intelligence’ agencies have a back door into any site they want and can do that type of thing. IMO, these subtle effects are more pernicious than a well established member who always harps on the same thing ever could be.

lol you got stared 2x for saying this... I got stared once...

rofl.. By your wink I think you got the joke, but wondering by the stars how many people had it fly right over their heads...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I have not read a posting here that did not appear to be sincere.

I could wrong and also people get banned and I don't know why that is.

Nothing is ever said about it.

sarc

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join