It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinfo agent on ATS??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

Tell you what. So I don't influence your judgment in any way and so you don't enter into this with preconceived notions against a member who might be totally innocent, start HERE (on page 6 of the thread) and see if you notice anything strange.

As in, a particular poster agreeing with anyone who disagrees with the O.P. or agrees with anyone who offers alternative explanations as to what caused the O.P. to allegedly be followed and photographed. And automatically disagrees with anyone who might remotely agree with the O.P. I am not going to falsely accuse anyone and my paranoia has been at the limit lately (therefore I don't trust my own judgment) so judge for yourself to see if I am on the right track or if my insomnia is finally beginning to take its toll. lol

Note: Also, it's not just what is happening because that happens all the time (where someone will agree with everyone from one side but poo-poo the other side). It was just the fact this happened on a thread dealing with very sensitive subject matter (ATS members being stalked by the government) and the poster was speaking with such authority and an 'I know for a fact...' tone that made me suspicioius. Otherwise I wouldn't have given it a second thought.

[edit on 7/20/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I don't know about disinfo but you are certainly right about member-115's arrogance and behaviour.

It was as if he was attempting to completely dominate the thread with his posts. Clearly this person had an objective, but he did act as if he knew everything about everything - the ultimate authority on all things Real, as it were.

This tactic of often used by disinfo agents such as Oz, which is why it is often confusing to see a normal user applying it.

We use it because it is effective and on topics near and dear to us. Some members appear to use it malevolently, as it does work.

It is such a shame that the Americans waste so much Tax dollars on leading people astray. 600 000 troops are online at any given time. They are on duty and the follow orders. Although I have no doubt that certain companies ("Influence Peddlers") are being employed right here on this board to sway the conversation in a way favourable to the objectives of their employers.

Think of it as Online Lobbyists, except somewhat more covert. They are agents of influence. Except in this case, they are committing Treason.
Their activities are logged and as soon as a constitutional Government reforms they will undoubtedly get their fair trials and swift hangings.

It is always the lower level minions that are made an example of.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by ironman433
that's not very becoming of a moderator now .

When I post in a thread, I do so as a member. The mod status IS NOT some sort of blinker and gag preventing me from speaking out.

I am entitled to my opinion and I was merely pointing out that the OP, rather than designating THEIR picks for disinfo agents, are instead asking the membership to do that for them. NOTE: I'm also a member.

oh, i understand now . it's ok to troll just as long as you call olly olly oxen free free free anytime within the context of being called out ??
then in that case i would like to name masqua as one of the disinfo trollers .

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I would just as well have those I suspect as being Disinfo agents or their internal counterparts, the dreaded ATS "Sock puppets", remain unidentified. I don't want them silenced because when they start to trash and tear down a thread, that's when I start to pay attention to the thread
as it probably is getting a little to close to the truth.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonegunman13
reply to post by LateApexer313

i am not trying to blame the site. i figured though that since we are all on here looking for the truth that maybe the shadow government agents would take advantage of that and try to sway ATS users from doubting their lies.

chaos, division, and confusion are standard practices. they have been around for along time, refined and perfected in this modern era.

the problem still lies in mass anarchy, of which the powers that be, are most fearful, hence the two previous sentences.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lovepens1

reply to post by ironman433

Oh, good heavens people. Calm down. He was merely suggesting to do something very similar to THIS thread. Although I personally don't like putting members on the spot either, there is some wisdom behind his suggestion. Instead of causing baseless paranoia by proclaiming disinformation agents, he suggested getting to the bottom of it by discussing specific examples and allowing 'the accused' to explain. If you think about it, that would actually make a lot more sense and actually get something accomplished instead of merely speculating on a general scale.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I love ya Ash, but I have to go with lovepens1 on this one. All that singling out specific members can possibly accomplish would be to have a virtual witch burning. I thought we were all better than that.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
I love ya Ash, but I have to go with lovepens1 on this one. All that singling out specific members can possibly accomplish would be to have a virtual witch burning. I thought we were all better than that.

I totally understand where you are coming from and said up above I don't necessarily agree with calling members out by name. Look at my posts above and on the previous page- I was very hesitant to single out the member who made me suspicious. lol Again, I can completely see why some would think the suggestion to name specifics would be unfair. However, I guess I am the type who would rather be called out and addressed so I can clear up any misconceptions instead of being whispered about behind the scenes. The O.P. was already saying the same thing- for everyone to name the names of who they thought were disinfo agents so I can personally see where Masqua was coming from.

I personally would have closed the thread because it is a duplicate topic of the thread I linked to above but that's just me.

And no, just before anyone thinks such a thing- I am not being a kiss up and defending Masqua just because he is a mod. lol I'll speak up when I see fishy mod activity like I just did last night in another thread but in this case, I can understand what Masqua was trying to say.

But I very much understand where you were coming from. I was beyond peeved at the 'Creationists Will Destroy ATS' thread because it was a personal and false attack on my friends and myself which resulted in us getting post banned. So maybe I am being a hypocrite?

[edit on 7/20/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Disinfo agents, yes there are some.

There is a fine line between being passionate about a subject and defending nonsense.

I know some disinfo agents here at ATS, one of them is paid, I am sure, the other I don`t really know maybe he just is their employee.

They both work for Nasa`s cause.

Now, I`m not saying that they should be treated in a different way from any other member, after all their opinions are as good as anyone`s, it is just that they are part of this gang that goes through the board ridiculing anyone who doesn`t believe the official story.

Anyone who was around when John had his CM forum knows who I am talking about.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

But I very much understand where you were coming from. I was beyond peeved at the 'Creationists Will Destroy ATS' thread because it was a personal and false attack on my friends and myself which resulted in us getting post banned. So maybe I am being a hypocrite?

Old dirt dies hard.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

Ya, I'm kind of making a fool out of myself and probably need to let things go at this point.

I won't bring up the incident again. It was just a very frustrating ordeal that left a lot of good members feeling hurt, singled out, and paranoid.

Putting it to rest for good and moving on.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I agree. That turned into to one of DINSTAAR's classic killer threads right there.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hello folks, I just woke up to see my U2U box full. 1 from ufo reality. We had a great talk on the phone last night and have a great appreciation for each other. A fellow member that likes to spread truth.

I also woke up to find my post removed about Super Mod Mosqua asking the OP to call out members.

U2U's from a few different mods and 1 from one of the owners of this site that will remain nameless. Which promotes a question with me.

Which I will start in another thread.

Yes!!! I can honestly say that there are dis info agents on this site!!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lovepens1
Hello folks, I just woke up to see my U2U box full. 1 from ufo reality. We had a great talk on the phone last night and have a great appreciation for each other. A fellow member that likes to spread truth.

I also woke up to find my post removed about Super Mod Mosqua asking the OP to call out members.

U2U's from a few different mods and 1 from one of the owners of this site that will remain nameless. Which promotes a question with me.

Which I will start in another thread.

Yes!!! I can honestly say that there are dis info agents on this site!!!!!

Lawlergasm! (To quote the great BTS Queen
)

The owners and mods here close and remove topics and posts that they find unfit to promote their interests. I thought this was common knowledge here.

Proof: My thread about ATSWatch.com was closed and locked, muting the voice of discussion.

They don't like you going against the ranks here, I will say that.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

This website I believe was originally started as a place to promote truth, justice, and American right! I do now believe that the owners of this site had no idea orginally of how big this website would become as it is today!

I will stop there. My thought are overflowing right now and I need to stop for a minute and gather them.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Also, I find the irony overwhelming that they removed your post calling Masqua out, when Masqua specifically told the OP to call specific members out. How the heck does that work?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I'm not getting into this with you again but you do not have a valid complaint. Burdman posted a valid concern but not you. Furthermore you were untruthful when you said the mod was 'stalking you' and going through long past threads... when all the warns you currently have were on posts less than 24 hours old. I have no sympathy for those who do not voice their concerns with complete honesty. It lessens the concerns members have who do have valid complaints.

That's all I am going to say.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

What? No. Your working off the entire premise that anyone on ATS is special enough to warrant the government's attention. The government could care less if people sit and spin conspiracies against them. It happens to every government and every government has been accused of some conspiracy since time began.

It all boils down to, yet again, people having insanely over-inflated estimations of their own relevance. I'm sure the government would love to have thousands of Alex Jones figures on their hands - those and those like him do an excellent job at making conspiracy theory look ridiculous.

People want to believe they are special. They conjure up this vast war against them and some unstoppable foe in their weaving of conspiracies. They want to believe someone is after them, because it gives them relevance in a world where they are irrelevant. So, they go around accusing everyone as being a "disinformation agent" when they disagree with them.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

reply to post by ironman433

he suggested getting to the bottom of it by discussing specific examples and allowing 'the accused' to explain.

and your explanation to that is that he is not calling someone out ? you just moved up one notch on the list .

imo masqua as a SUPER MODERATOR is representing this site as one of it's moderators and should conduct himself in a proper fashion as not to insite the kind of confusion and anger that directly calling people out as disinfo agents would . but thats just MY opinion.
so for as much proof that the op could possibly have to accuse another member of being a disinfo agent by name , I also have the same proof and would obviously be ok'd by MASQUA to call the name MASQUA as a disinfo agent and it is all good.

masqua was trolling the same people that he is supposed to be SUPER MODERATING and thats not just an opinion.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Had something like that just happen to me tonight. Actually, I was sort of baited into posting my credentials. Probably hoping to get me angry enough to actually do it. Dumb disinfo agent.

lol

Oh thats amusing. I asked for your credentials because your sitting in a thread spinning your wheels even though all evidence and expert opinion goes against you. Since you have no proof for what your were saying, I asked what your credentials were to make you enough of an expert to offer proof without evidence. You put yourself in that box, and you do NOT have to give personal information out, so its only in your paranoid little mind that I was asking you for your personal information.

Observe, I can give perfectly accurate information about some of my credentials (not all of them, as its not the point I'm only giving an example) without ever revealing who I am:

I received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from the University of North Carolina, summa cum laude. I have published peer reviewed articles in Public Administration Review, and Publius: The Journal of Federalism. I am a Public Administration Ph.D. Student.

See, there is some of my credentials, and it gives no information about me. You thinking that is requires your personal information and that somehow asking for this makes me a "disinformation agent" is a sign of paranoia on your part.

In fact, I think your a disinformation agent. You go around pointing fingers and accusing everyone who disagrees with you as a paid disinformation agent. When expert opinions and evidence disagree, you never back down. Your distracting the crowds with well weaved conspiracies that are wrong so that they don't see the evil the government is up to every day without a conspiracy.

See, I can join in on the witch hunt too! I SAW JACKINTHEBOX MAKING A PACT WITH THE GOVERNMENT/DEVIL IN THE PALE MOONLIGHT! WWWWWIIIITTTCHHHH! Oops, I mean DISINFORMATION AGENT!

[edit on 20-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join