posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:27 PM
There are levels of 'disinfo'.
In a way we are each our own 'disinfo' agents.
How? We play our 'tapes' of what we believe and don't always try to be a 'fair witness'.
We have prejudices and preferences.
We have an 'internal dialog', and a conscience.
We have burdens and traumas which color our attitudes.
Sometimes I find myself wishing I could be free of all these influences, years of 'baggage' and I've worked on several things to help me.
1. Positive self-talk;
2. Studying the techniques of 'acting', assuming another persona;
3. Using physical activity as an emotional, hormonal and chemical catalyst;
4. Reading and research;
5. Trying to 'gain a cosmic' point of view (iow, the 10,000 foot view);
6. Positive action. I.e. living in the now, living according to a credo of personal liberation, not blaming others for my problems (this is tough!)
7. Looking for personal role models. Not necessarily 'WWJD', but at those who try to take the high road.
Does that make sense?
So, perhaps starting with one's self is a good place to begin in defeating the effects of 'disinfo'.
In a way, if we free ourselves, what can external 'disinfo' agents hope to accomplish?
Don't mean to sound pedantic and holier than thou here, just trying to offer a view that was very hard earned, and something with which I struggle