It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinfo agent on ATS??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonegunman13
reply to post by masqua

I can't name any suspected people because i have no suspects. i was just asking if anyone here suspected anyone?

Yes. But I will not name any names.

i do think that this would be a great place for agents to come and confuse all the truth seekers out there. i mean that is what everyone on here is, truth seekers. we wouldn't be on here if we didn't doubt what we see everyday.

I agree with you. And I am certain They are using this site to try to spread disinfo.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Usually, if I think they are a disinfo agent... that means they are going to be chosen to be a new moderator
Then they usually chill out for awhile.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
There is every reason to believe that there are dis/mis info people who are members, and do note "troublemakers" as part of a "paid" watcher project. This is the main place for their paranoia, because they go where we go. I post NASA stuff and immediately get
a skeptical attack until reasonable people jump in and comment. Its now expected and
enjoyed as they never make a point and I must be on to something with the NASA videos, so bring these hidden people on!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
On ATS, members regularly accuse everyone they disagree with as being a government disinformation agent. Often it reminds me of the Salem Witch Trials, with everyone going hysterical and accusing everyone else of being a disinformation agent.Next thing you know we'll be holding trials and coming up with tests to figure out who the disinformation agent is. Then, months later, we'll all realize it was just someone we didn't agree with.

There are no actual disinformation agents, the government has far better things to spend its money on. There are however, as someone else said, people with agendas. Those who try to convince you that the end is nigh every day, that the masons are the head of a diabolical conspiracy to rape your children, etc. Its like interest groups in a big political party.

The only real disinformation agents on this site are the people who weave conspiracy theories and will accept no level of evidence against them as proof of them being incorrect. They will try to get you to believe them no matter what. This is more than just matter of pride, its strategy: the government can do evil things in plain sight while the conspiracy zealots (different from conspiracy theorists, who drop theories when the proof has shown them wrong) are busy distracting us.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Quite possibly, but possibly not.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I was wondering if any of you have ever come across someone on ATS that you think for sure is a disinfo agent? How many could there be on here? If one of us got close to a "truth" that "they" didn't want us to know would they do anything about it?

Let me be the first to tell ya... this seems like the conspicuously obvious first post of a disinfo agent

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Of course there are disinformation agents. But there are different sorts.

First, there are the people who intentionally misdirect the truth as a personal matter. They are not paid to do it, but do it anyway due to their own belief systems and character flaws.

Then there are those who do it for free, but are doing it at the behest of and/or in the interests of some organization, such as religion, a secret society, Planned Parenthood, etc.

Lastly, you have the genuine article. A person who is paid to spread disinformation and deflect the facts. It is their job to do this, for whatever organization is footing the bill, wether it be government, or again any sort organization really.

Generally I mark a disinformation agent by adding them to my "FOE" list. Not just because I disagree with them, but because of their tactics and performance.

There is one member who has posted in this thread who happens to be one of my more "respected" foes, in that they have displayed characteristics leading me to believe that they are the real deal. A very real, clever, intelligent and determined disinformation agent.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Sorry if I'm interrupting midstream in the conversation.I watched John Lear's interview on project Camelot. They were suggesting that this site really is a debunker site and dis info site designed to form public opinion here.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I strongly suspect that I, myself, may be a dis-info agent. I can't prove it, but I keep getting this feeling that it's entirely possible that, with the plethora of subject-matter here on ATS, to which I occasionally express my opinion, or my understanding of a 'fact' concerning a certain subject, my information could be wrong, and my opinion, based on that 'wrong' information, would then be erroneous. So, even though this is not my intent, this is what may happen.

Can't find anyone to pay me for spreading my dis-info though.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yes I suspect there are a few now and again - folk that try to pry personal information out of a poster for example are usually suspect in my view...having been harassed by the feds "back in the day" before the internet face to face, thats a standard tactic then and now...it starts out as innocent questions and then pretty soon you realize you are being "jacked up"....its done to intimidate...on a recent thread here at ATS I had a similar experience with a poster whom I thought was going over the line by requesting personal info from an OP - when I called him on it he went off on me like a bottle rocket and kept at it nearly derailing the thread...then he disappeared and I haven't seen him since...could have simply been an immature person but who knows...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Why not start by naming your own suspects?

That way, the members accused can respond to you and it will be an example for others who may wish to point fingers.

that's not very becoming of a moderator now .
that comment imo is borderline troll negativity .

the man is suggesting a legitimate topic and straight out of the gate you are trying to set him up for serious heartache masqua .
maybe another mod can step in who wont try and make a joke out of the thread .

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
There are no actual disinformation agents, the government has far better things to spend its money on.
[edit on 19-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

There are many things that they SHOULD spend OUR money on, but they have proven themselves to be like a teenage girl with a credit card.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

Very true, you'll find no disagreement here. But the only disinformation agents we have here are the ones I described above - people weaving conspiracies they know to be wrong and absolutely refusing to accept any evidence against them. They are here to distract us, and I've seen one of them in this thread. I usually put down on my foes list those I suspect of being propaganda agents.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
there is at least a handfull..hehe

funny and sad...i wonder if they are getting paid?...if what they believe is just? ....and what would they want the future to look like?

much love to you all

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Erm...right

It has been a while since this thread was made on ATS. We are overdue a hunt for paranoid, tatterdemalion looking members to burn at the stake.

But it is interesting we are now looking for a specific disinfo agent instead of "agents". I've encountered one gentlemen before and he presented himself in a quite urbane manner. Surprisingly nice people those agents - apart from the fact they are disrupting this site (damn buggers!).

Apologies for sounding terribly English

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
There are no actual disinformation agents, the government has far better things to spend its money on.

Um. Sure.

You just keep telling yourself that. I know differently.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Since this thread has not been shut down, I will assume it okay to name our choice for "dis-info agent"?

In that case, I choose the honorable Andrew E. Wiggin.

Joined our fair site on the same day that Obama started his Anti-smear web campaign, has racked up thousands of posts, must spend all his time here, and then some.

Andrew is the worst and only obvious plant I have met on this wonderful site.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I was wondering if any of you have ever come across someone on ATS that you think for sure is a disinfo agent?

How many could there be on here?

If one of us got close to a "truth" that "they" didn't want us to know would they do anything about it?

Could you possibly be a dis-info agent starting dis-info about other dis-info agents?

There are many dis-info agents here that will be all over you about this dis-info because spreading dis-info about other dis-info agents is just plain dis-info!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

I will assume it okay to name our choice for "dis-info agent"?
In that case, I choose the honorable Andrew E. Wiggin.

My two picks would be Paul Richard & Drakiir!

Absolute dis-info when it comes to UFO's, ET's and the Greys!

Remember the names!

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
There is really no cause for the government to post disinformation on this site. Disinformation is contrary to a free and open society. Freedom of speech is important for all American citizens. Public discussion of important topics is encouraged by your government. You have nothing to fear. Everything will be okay. The American Government encourages us to speak openly and freely about any topic. It's important to express your true feelings about the government. You should be open and honest about your beliefs. No one is watching you. There are no disinformation agents on this site. Everything is going to be okay. Forums like this help prevent conspiracies from arising through public awareness. No one is monitoring your posts. Everything will be okay. No one tracks your time stamps to determine when your home. Government agents are too busy to check on you in real life. It is important to express everything you believe you know about your government in a free and open society. It will all be okay. Speak freely. Your e-mails are not monitored. No one can find you if you post via a proxy. No one can enter your computer using windows security doors. Google wont release your search information. It will all be okay. keep talking. You shouldn't waste your time attempting to reveal disinformation agents there aren't any. It will all be okay. It is safe in America. Things are all going well. Don't be alarmed. If your feeling negative emotions you should speak freely about them. People wish to hear your views. It's important to expresses any negative feelings. Paranoia is healthy by expressing paranoia you release yourself from it. You don't have anything to fear people want to know your thoughts. America is free. America is supported by a constitution that is strong. Your safe expressing your beliefs. The governemnt has no interest in watching the American people. No topic is taboo. This is a free Country. Your family is safe regardless of what you say. No one is watching you. Disinformation agents are a myth. There are no aliens so why would the goverment care if you talk about them. 9-11 was a terrorsit act there was nothing to hide so no one cares if you seek the turth. No one monitors these posts. Your address has not been given to the FBI. There is no list of people who oppose the neocons. There is nothing in the sky. people have never made deals with aliens. Aliens are not real. 60,000 children run away in America every year. The homeless do not vanish they simply get diseases. The new world order is a myth a silly statement made by a president to express his happiness at American prosperity. We are prosperous. You are free to be a non conformist. There is no way to make a man effeminate. Everything will be okay. Morgellons is a psychological conditions. All planes leave vapor trails. We employ many hot air ballons in the service of our country. The war is just. Everything will be okay. You have a strong constitution. ID chips help prevent crime. Patriots like the patriot act. It helps us behave as patriots. There is no conspiracy. Everything will be okay. Watch some TV. You are protected by your government. America is a free country. It will all be okay. You are a good person so why would anyone want to drag you from your home. You are not being watched. Aliens do not exist. your children recieve a good education in school. Your children are safe in school. The terrorists are being defeated. America is a free country. Bush loves the American people. Ou president is a good man. It will all be okay. There are no disinformation agents. Men in black are from science fiction. Most of these posts are science fiction. It will all be okay. There are no real aliens. Aliens do not live under the Earth. They do not eat people or feed off negative energy. Go to school. Enjoy a good paying American Job. Breathe the fresh American Air. It will alll be okay. Global warming is a farce. 2012 is a date of no signifigence. Every one is happy. Smile. Watch TV. Enjoy your Internets. no one is watching you. Dick Cheeny doesn't spend all night awake in Mt Weather listening to private conversations through your homes phone and cable lines. when your Tv is off it is really off. When your computer is off it is really off. There is no software monitoring everything. It will all be okay. There are no Aliens. There won't be another war. It will all be okay. You live in a free country. No one is moitoring your activities. there are no disinformation agents. I am not a disinformation agents I couldn't be we don't exist. No one wants to reduce the population. There are no aliens. No harvest is coming soon. No one will be taken away and eaten. The elite are not aware we are farm animals. The aliens do not prefer live food. there are no aliens. This doesn't happen ever 11,000 years. Aliens if there were any would be peaceful. Survival of the fittest doesn't apply to outer space. You are safe. you are protected by nuclear missiles. America is the friend of the world. No human sacrifice is coming. We are not raised simply to mine resources to the surface then be used as food. Our leaders did not sell us out for eternal life. Our leaders are good they protect us with a constitution and a bill of rights. You are safe. It will all be okay. there are no disinformation agents. No one was assigned to your case for this post. Stay where you are. You have no need to run. No one is watching you. There is no need to erase your memory. Sleep good tonight. Everything is going to be okay. There is nothing being installed on your computer via agent posts. The screen refresh on ats does not change your brain wave patterns. You will be just find. You are safe. It will all be okay. There are no disinformation agents. It's okay to be paranoid. No one wants to track you. Nothing will be implanted in your head. There is no reason to run away now. You are protected by your constitution. America loves it's people. You have nothing to fear. There are no disinformaton agents. There is no disinformation only information. everything you wish to say people wish to hear. It is important to speak your mind and tell everything you know. This is a free country. You are not being monitored. Your e-mails are not tracked. There are no aliens. Speak your mind. It's all good fun. It will all be okay. there is no disinformation only information. It will all be okay. You are safe. Stay where you are. Watch some TV. It's all okay

[edit on 19-7-2008 by mopusvindictus]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join