It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.0 quake hits east coast of Japan. Tsunami warning issued

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Well spotted - will keep eyes peeled!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by josephine

Hey Thanks
I dont know where its from. I just like it because its funny as hell

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

There are several hundred earthquakes a day. Earthquakes this size happen 20 or more times a year. Many of the larger earthquakes happen in the area of Japan and south of there.

I predict at least three more earthquakes over 6.5 in the area of Japan or just to the south by the end of the year. I'm not a prophet, nor would I claim to be one, but I'll probably end up being right. All this proved is that guy can read and has the Internet to look up facts.

We get tsunami alerts here at times. Anchorage is protected but areas around us are vulnerable, so we get educated about them. A 7.0 could normally only produce a wave of a few inches. The big ones come from much larger quakes and only if the there is massive displacement of the ocean floor or an underwater slide of a very large scale.

Remember the earthquake scales are exponential and the difference between a 7 and an 8 is like the difference between an ant and a whale. The real danger starts in the area of a 7.5 or above. Even then without large scale displacement of the ocean floor, there is no tsunami.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
There is more going on then you hear. You can use the IRIS map and check out the headlines.

Something is happening and members here are working on trying to figure it out.

www.iris.edu...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join