It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mortgage - who is profiting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The mortgage situation reminds me of the S&L rip off years ago wasn't that a Bush too?

I ran across this the other day and thought it was kind of funny.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
[edit on 18-7-2008 by jhill76]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
trace it through and i have no doubt that this, along with the triple dipping going on with all the cronies in on the iraq war, is just another way to rob the american taxpayer. the answer to most things really is the obvious and simple one. so simple, people just can't wrap their minds around it to believe it. who profits? whose pockets is all the silver filling? throw in a little razzle, dazzle talk by even more cronies or people on the dole or payroll, call it economics and most people tune out or choose to pretend to understand it and you have yourself a built-in, self-propagating support system. it all makes me sick.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
There was a time when people used to whine because no one could own property. No one could get a mortgage without having to pay vast sums of money down at very high interest rates.

People whined, screamed discrimination, and the government began to put things into place to make mortgages easy to obtain. Now people are upset that someone is profiting off of this?

Sigh...some people are never happy.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Im profiting. I have bought and sold several homes in the last 18 months at NICE proits. Just because the housing market is down, doesnt mean that everyone is losing money. If you know what u are doing, u can make money right now.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Think about it. Suppose you get to print money for nothing, then lend it to people. You are the only person allowed to create money. That means you are always owed more money than actually exists in the market. The end result is that someone gets the shaft and has to go bankrupt, being unable to pay.

That's when you come in and seize real, hard assets. It's brilliant really. Over time all wealth and econmic activity must flow into your control, as long as the fools that empower you to hold the keys to currency are willing to be duped.

I'll let you guess what entity holds this power in the U.S., europe and most of the rest of the world for that matter.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I think it is good to own a home, what is sad is that if you actually purchased a house in say the last 3-5 years with the intention of living in it and keeping a roof over your head, no matter what type of loan you got or if your finances were 100% in order, you have more than likely lost almost half the value you could get if you sold it, now people coming in with cash after this debacle that are looking for deals could actually be set up for getting some equity soon, I do not know what happens to those that purchased in the last 5 years they will more than likely break even in 5-10 years.

People flipping houses, owning 1 or 2 houses already and the no doc folks are what has brought this to bear on the economy for the most part this was all greed driven, by the banks and by many people buying homes they could either not afford or either got caught flipping at the wrong time holding 2 or 3 properties.

It is true you can make money off of homes but homes were not really created to flip, they were created to live in and raise families and in the long run build equity a lot of people are to blame for the situation right now and as I said most because of nothing but greed and wanting to cheat the system.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Capitalism at its best. I mean cars were meant to drive but they are bought and resold at a profit EVERY day. And believe you me, cars and houses are not exclusive in this respect. think of just about everything that is tangible and you can bet someone is finding a way to make money off of it...even if it has already been sold once.

Originally posted by phinubian
I think it is good to own a home, what is sad is that if you actually purchased a house in say the last 3-5 years with the intention of living in it and keeping a roof over your head, no matter what type of loan you got or if your finances were 100% in order, you have more than likely lost almost half the value you could get if you sold it, now people coming in with cash after this debacle that are looking for deals could actually be set up for getting some equity soon, I do not know what happens to those that purchased in the last 5 years they will more than likely break even in 5-10 years.

People flipping houses, owning 1 or 2 houses already and the no doc folks are what has brought this to bear on the economy for the most part this was all greed driven, by the banks and by many people buying homes they could either not afford or either got caught flipping at the wrong time holding 2 or 3 properties.

It is true you can make money off of homes but homes were not really created to flip, they were created to live in and raise families and in the long run build equity a lot of people are to blame for the situation right now and as I said most because of nothing but greed and wanting to cheat the system.

new topics

top topics

join