It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just how mad would you be?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by styxxz

Originally posted by Amaterasu
I surely hope this was said in jest... Any govt "of the people, by the people and for the people" that is allowed to keep secrets is a govt that will become corrupt.

The part about our govt hiding things for our own good, yes ! Hence the smiley

Ah, good. I thought so.

I agree, but the fact is governments control us not the other way around. So how exactly are we suppose to get the govt to reveal their secrets?

Well... Theoretically, they answer to us. Write the congresscritters. Over and over. Tell everyone that they should write. Tell the congresscritters you won't vote for them again if they don't make an effort to disclose.

Oh dear. If you believe this, you need some education. My most humble opinion.

Well to be fair, we don't know what the govt knows. If we did then disclosure would be irrelevant.

No, this is true, we don't. But we know enough. Look at all the officials, both military and civilian, that Greer has gotten on record saying they know the govt knows about UFOs and their alien nature.

Maybe I do need some education, but I demand hard facts not hearsay. Obviously I'm not expecting you to educate me, but without something tangible that just leaves us with "belief".

What do you call all those people Greer has gotten together? What do you call all the sightings (that are increasing daily)? When the body of "hearsay" grows to that extent, it becomes a body of evidence and not merely hearsay.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by raoulduke666
Considering that they have out right denied the existence of extraterrestrials/ufo's then yes I would be po'ed. If we can't trust the governement with that type of life-altering information that would be important for all people accross this world, what can we trust them with? Now as far as mass anarchy, I don't believe so but there will be protests all across the world, that I can guarantee

Darling... You can't trust ANY government that is allowed to keep secrets. Period.

This is why I am for 24/7 surveillance of all elected federal officials. States can decide if they need that at that level. I mean... If they can watch us, we must be able to watch them. The price of freedom really is eternal vigilance, and if we cannot see what they are doing, we cannot be vigilant.

Call it the sacrifice one must make to serve the country.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
I agree, the government knows they're in our skies, but they have absolutely NO idea as to where they came from, why they're here, etc etc. They're scared about it, and they feel we'll go into Panic mode. They've got everything to lose.

Some maybe. But there HAS been contact, and information was given, so there are some (many) who are NOT scared, and know who and what is out there.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by starwatcher1

I wouldn't be mad at all. It's a fact, nowadays, that the governments have been hiding information on a myriad of topics.

When we find out about them more openly, we will only have the option to be smart or be stupid.

I'm already smart, so I'm going to try and help others to not be stupid...

Peace and Love

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwatcher1
How mad would you be?

An organization, a system, able to hide stuff of this revolutionary level, should have most likely plans about how to disclose it. A general rule is to don't disclose anything unless is strictly necessary, but this is not the point of your question. We are (i mean citizens of many countries of the world, not just US) used to see people who give explanations givin the faults to someone else: now, in a case like this one, a huge case, which covers, in according to many conspiracy theories, something like 60+years, it would not be a huge issue to say something like " hey it's not my bad, those bad guys created a system in 1947 or in year: i had to stick to it, i couldn't do anything".
The division of responsablities, in the public opinion, generates almost always an effect: not a single responsible, not a single guilty, not a single fault: hence, impossible to focus on a single problem, hence, impossible to blame someone of being guilty of anything because the list is HUGE, hence, impossible to be mad at someone in particular
This is at least, my take about what would be the natural process' effect on the public opinion.
Would you be mad at someone for keeping secret something that authorities asked him to keep secret? One of the problems is that UFOs stuff has, since its start, been related to national security issues, at least in the US, but NOT ONLY. So to blame (or be mad to) some military, or politicians, for keeping up the "good work" planned by someone else in the past would not make sense, in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Internos correct.

When I say government I guess I should specify because it is not the entire government so you made a good point and I guess it should be the same with military.

Some of the culprits that I believe should be held accountable are the likes of Georgie's daddy, Georgie the VP now and the likes of Rummy and Ashcroft. with daddy being the leader of the pack. Heck why stop now lets go with the Rockerfeller's, the Builderbergs, the Rothchilds the Queen. These old families have/need to be dealt with.

Don't think it will ever happen if anything they might go into hiding one day at least some.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If you would have asked me 10 years ago I would have said super pissed off to no end....now, I just want it to happen already, let's get this show here on Earth moving the way it's supposed to. Forgive where we need to, and move on, let fate and karma hand out the "justice" so that the waiting will finally be over.

There'll be no room for anger as we'll have more interesting things to think about. Like where do we want to go & see?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
"I would say that matter only deteremines our fate, IF our fate is only determined by their matters, we would all be gonners"

-Change is inevitable-

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I would not be mad, i think most people wouldn't be, most people would be like yeah we kinda suspected that anyway.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'd be Chuck Norris mad.

For the govt. to hide what they know about the UFO phenomena is about as bad as steven segal's acting...maybe even worse it could be as bad as you can get-the guy who played anakin skywalker in revenge of the sith's acting-bad. and that would be reeeeeaaaalllly bad.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwatcher1

Sound off.. what do you think? How mad would you be?

I believe people are mistrusting idiots. They are idiots because they don't understand the function of government and they are mistrusting because they have no faith in the people they've put into power.

I'd not be mad at all because the government was doing their job.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
if that percentage of people think they are lying to us, then they probably are. Not that many people can be wrong.

why get mad after almost 70 years of coverup? I would think, "well it's about frickin time"

My question is, "why would it make you mad for them to finally tell the truth?"

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I’m over my anger stage. I’d never really looked into UFOs until after researching 9/11 and realising just how much lying, deception and manipulation goes on and how ignorant and gullible the majority of people really are.

My initial reaction would probably be of great joy and high fives all around as a feeling of vindication having been labelled a crazy nut for so many years took hold. I’d also be very happy that some fallen patriots would also be vindicated, that the truth was finally out there and that real advances in technology could be achieved without being suppressed.

This joy would soon probably die out though as I realise that I still didn’t trust a single word that was being ‘disclosed’. Who in there right mind would believe the instigators of a hoax that was covered up for so many decades, where honest people were publically ridiculed, called delusional, liars, hoaxers and much worse? Some of these people most likely also had their lives cut short simply for telling the truth about what they saw, heard or experienced. It is absolutely disgraceful what has and still is occurring today.

Not that I still wouldn’t welcome disclosure but in then end, my attitude would probably not change too much from what it is now since my scepticism will probably never die.

We the sheople, will probably never know the whole truth…

[edit on 20-7-2008 by cams]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Well... Theoretically, they answer to us. Write the congresscritters. Over and over. Tell everyone that they should write. Tell the congresscritters you won't vote for them again if they don't make an effort to disclose.

Theoretically you're correct, but our politicians including the prez isn't in the loop. Therefore they can't disclose what they don't know. The ones in the know aren't electable.

No, this is true, we don't. But we know enough. Look at all the officials, both military and civilian, that Greer has gotten on record saying they know the govt knows about UFOs and their alien nature.

What do you call all those people Greer has gotten together? What do you call all the sightings (that are increasing daily)? When the body of "hearsay" grows to that extent, it becomes a body of evidence and not merely hearsay.

Well you have a good point there. There are many credible witnesses and their testimonies shouldn't be dismissed. The fact is they can't prove they're alien in nature though. For all we know they could be man made black projects.

If we had some tangible proof then maybe we could use that to force disclosure. Without it, the govt will simply continue with the denial and will ridicule anyone who's had contact with aliens.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Screw the government coverup.

I'm way more mad at any ETs

If they've been flying here all over the place and they don't bother to ever introduce themselves nicely, I'd be sick of THEIR coverup on OUR planet!

Whats up with that?

It's strange how some people who have apoplectic fits about a government coverup and make all sorts of excuses for ET.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'd be disappointed slightly, not as disappointed as
I was when Doris Bangs moved to town and I found
out that was only her name and not a promise.

Governments mean well, they try to spend vast
monies aquired through taxes etc. in our best interests.
Tobacco is denounced by Governments, yet who's done
as much research into the effects of tobacco than the
Tobacco Industry? I mean... Yer can't smoke if you're dead,
can you?

Fast food, cigars, booze and swing parties are all frowned
upon as moral crimes, yet does anyone here notice that
these things are what folk like doing the most? Huh?

It's the Aliens... they're the ones to blame.
Remember what ol' Jack Burton says at a time like this...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

It'd be terrible for the "aliens", or rather, any being which forms part of a more advanced civilization than ours who visit Earth often, to be faced with random aggression from part of organizations who are not comfortable with their presence.

I wish as much as you do that this facade ends as soon as possible because we all know what the Universe holds in store for an advanced civilization, and it is beautiful. But, you got to see the reality of this Planet, and the fact that the development of it is late into the development of the Universe and therefore we have the ability to be very carefully guarded by other beings.

There are surely other beings who may not be as fully advanced as the more compassionate ones who may seek to use this planet for their own purposes, and that would be a good reason for any guardian entities to keep their distance from us so that we don't take place in the decision (free will) of who protects us in case we were to doubt them.

Like a parent who's child never met him/her but always takes care of the kid and decides better not to let the child know until he is ready.

Peace and Love

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by starwatcher1

I suspect most of the inner sactums of our world powers know there is a alien presence here on earth. Possibly they can only make the best of a very bad situation. I would be very mad if the traitors to their species did so just for the money and power. I would be less mad if they did it because they were put between a rock and a hard place.

Possibly the choice was having either a overt or covert invasion, in which case with a civilization that has the technology to either travel between star systems, dimensions and or time (them) vs a civilazation that has just learned how to fly a hundred years ago (us) there would be no contest only conquest.

I found this link and it's fasinating reading: www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

"'Last year when I was sick [John D. explained], the doctor on the base gave me sulfanilamide. There is a fifth column in this country that is tied up with aliens. Selenium is being slipped into SULFA DRUGS, and this selenium lodges in the bones and makes the body receptive to extremely short waves, those in the wave band of the brain. Similar to the waves that can be detected by the encephalograph. About 300,000 people in this country have been sensitized, and at least seven secret radio stations have been set up in this country, and they are broadcasting to these sensitized persons, instructing them in the best way to perform acts of sabotage against our planet.'"

These claims as given by the Dulce worker, John D., are incredible indeed, and could easily be dismissed as the ravings of a madman, IF NOT FOR THE FACT that many others are saying basically the same thing, that there is a movement underway to bring the minds of the masses under the subjection of an alien force, whether through electronic implantation and control, subliminal programming, or through other means.

Why would the 'controllers' use the United States as the major target of their activity? We believe that this is due to the fact that the United States is a place that was originally intended by it's 'founding fathers' to be a refuge for peoples FROM ALL NATIONS to come and work out their collective destinies free from the restrictions of prejudice and the oppressiveness of tyrannical rule -- a land where all people could express their creativity, culture and individual destinies without interference.

This was their 'intention', however it is obvious that the 'dream' has not been fully realized because of collective and governmental compromise of the principle that "all men are created equal". The United States, nevertheless, is unlike any other single nation. It is a cultural "melting pot" and a place where not only international human societies on the surface CONVERGE and intermingle in a dramatic way, but apparently where human societies beneath or beyond the earth converge as well.

For instance, according to various reports, most non-surface human societies who are aware of planet earth have their representatives walking among us in our own society [and to some extent, other nations throughout the world], although many of these choose to keep a low profile for either honorable or not-so-honorable reasons. Another factor is the respect which the BILL OF RIGHTS gives to all American citizens, allowing for personal freedom and individuality so long as the freedom and individuality of others is not threatened. Individuality is the MORTAL ENEMY of the alien "Hive", you could say.

The above is just a small exerpt.

The full link to additional articles is below. The grandmother of all conspiracies.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

How mad would you be if you found that your/our government has been hiding UFO information since the 1940's

I'd totally understand. A person is smart. People are dumb. There are a TON of reasons to keep the secret, and only a very few to divulge it, unless you're ready to:
1. counter the potential threat
2. assure the citizens of their safety
3. offer some benefits from the study of it
4. make all understand the reasons for the secrecy

In addition, if they are coming clean, they better have some answers, and plans to avoid the fallout...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I suspect that more distasteful then the enemy are it's traitors because a traitor to his own people is a man that cannot be trusted by anyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join