It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental Surge?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Last night i was stayin over at my buddies house. Around maybe 3 or 4 am i started drifting off to sleep. I was just getting ready to slip into sleep, but i was still semi awake. Out of nowhere there was this, for lack of a better word, force that went into the back of my head right where my spine connects to my skull. Needless to say it scared the hell out of me and i jumped up. After a while i got myself back to sleep. When I woke up this morning it feels like the back of my head is heavier than normal and my back seems kinda loose and not as stiff as it usually is.

I have no idea if anything like this had ever happened to anyone before, i'm open to all ideas and theories on this one.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
You were half asleep, half awake, and you had a dream. And you're still thinking about it....... if it's still bothering you in a couple of days, talk to someone.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
As I stated I was getting ready to fall asleep, i was still conscious when it happened. I wasn't dreaming, I was thinking about something. However you're entitled to your opinion, I just don't think this was a reaction to a dream, because I wasn't dreaming.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Yeah half a bottle of cheap Bourbon always does that to me

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
No, the point is you were awake and dreaming.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Seriously ET's are actually in a downloading phase at the moment as I had the same thing 2 nights ago. Though I woke up still tired but still somewhat refreshed.
Next segment of transitional global change is now coming forth.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well I dont drink for one, and for the second time I wasn't dreaming, I was thinking about some problems I've been going through. I remember everything up to that point crystal clear.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well there is the grace light: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Can't say this is what happened to you because I got nothing, but what the heck, maybe there's something to it.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xilvius
Well I dont drink for one, and for the second time I wasn't dreaming, I was thinking about some problems I've been going through. I remember everything up to that point crystal clear.

Once, as I was trying to get to sleep, I saw a spider walking on the wall towards me. A huge spider - like a tarantula. This thing walked towards me for a second or two until I jumped up. Then it was gone.

To my own consciousness I was never asleep. My eyes were still open and I didn't "wake up." I simply moved in response to the huge spider walking towards me and that physical motion was enough to knock me out of the "waking dream."

That is the kind of thing people are referring to when they tell you that "you might have been asleep." You don't need to have your eyes closed or be sleeping to actually have a dream. There is a vast canyon between consciousness and sleep that is pretty easy to fall into.

I think most of the time we simply don't experience the kind of visions or sensations that are jarring enough to stop the process of falling asleep. Once we are asleep we have no memory of that gateway period.

Jon

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
you weren't sleeping...your brain was in theta wave state(4-8hz )

a state that I go into several times a day.

You learn the most, while awake, in this state.

you're evolving into a super human being...

congratulations...

do you meditate...

?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by iiinvision
do you meditate...

You probably weren't asking me but I kind of agree with what you are saying. It isn't sleep - per se.

I do meditate myself but I lose lots of time. When I meditate, for what feels 15 minutes, and then look at the clock 4 hours have passed. I am also find myself unusually sweaty even though my home is ACed. Meditation is incredibly physically draining.

Jon

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The Ascension has begun.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I meditate very very frequently and at times very deeply as well. It isn't something that I've been doing for long though, maybe for the past 3 months or so. (not too sure how long, me and time don't get along so well:lol

top topics

join